free hit
counters
Replacement Locknut key - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Replacement Locknut key

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I think a lot of owners take the security bolts off as the cars are usually garaged and not daily drivers. They are a PITA to be honest.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I replaced mine earlier this year due to the same issue since it is as cheap to buy a new set as a replacement key.

The evo5 set 983/5 as listed on ebay at about £30 fit a treat - I bought them from tdcautomotive who even went and measured them for me to confirm that the bolt heads were the correct (small) diameter to fit the Lotus wheels.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys, I am going to ditch the security bolts and go for a new full set of standard ones. The current bolts are rusting so could do with replacing them anyway. I have purchased these: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/alloy-wheel-tuner-bolts-BLACK-M12-x-1-5-with-17mm-hex-star-key-Lotus-x-20-/273937899052

Thanks Bruss, they look identical to the OEM shape so hopefully will fit ok.

Do you guys usually jack the car up to replace the bolts and then re-torque when back on the ground or just replace all bolts with the car on the ground one at a time?

Edited by pkn