free hit
counters
About to order.... - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
TerryCTR

About to order....

Hello, I stupidly some may say test drove an exige sport 350 a couple of weeks ago and ever since then my current M2 was doomed. Since then I’ve went back and forth with it’s not practical and how it can no longer be used for family trips on the rare occasions we take the M2. I even test drove a cayman 718 GTS which was obviously nicer inside and rode well but it just didn’t feel as raw as the exige and of course sounds lame. The supercharger whine is locked in my head and I just keep watching this from 6.40 over and over:

Anyway, I’m about to pull the trigger on a factory order on Monday and was wondering whether you guys stick with the official dealers for run in services or do you use an independent? I’m near Glasgow so dealing with Lotus Edinburgh who I have found very helpful to date but I’m sure I read somewhere that whoever used to run the servicing has moved on and set up their own workshop and they are much better to use?

This car won’t be a daily.....for now so I guess I should get on with ordering Monday!

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Great cars. Once you've had it for a while I can highly recommend an alias123 intake system (notable power improvment and a great sc noise).

Whether you use an independent or dealer depends I guess on whether you have a good independent nearby. While under warranty I stuck with a dealer.

Martin S

Edited by MARTIN_S
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply’s, I find the same with the M2 and people’s desire to see the dealer stamp even though they have always cocked something up!

I think I’m getting quite a good deal on this 350 and it’s the only black one left at the factory which they know I’m after so I’m not sure I’m going to squeeze them anymore considering the strong trade in they have offered on the M2.

How much does the service pack cost?

I believe it is car (model - i.e. exige/evora/elise) dependent but mine was £1100 covering everything including an MOT and anything that it might need for it. This will cover my 2, 3 and 4th services and the 4th iirc includes new spark plugs so is expensive - I'm probably saving about £250-300) by buying as a package up front and it is transferable to a new owner, or to a different car if I decide to trade in the 410.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

C8RKH. By Lotus type 116, I assume you mean a VX220. One of Lotus's finest.

Martin S

2 hours ago, MARTIN_S said:

C8RKH. By Lotus type 116, I assume you mean a VX220. One of Lotus's finest.

Martin S

Oh yes Martin I do. A bloody wonderful car and I am privileged to be the custodian of one, as you were, and I believe your daughter still is?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Indeed, you'll love the Exige, in standard from not much quicker than a well set up SC VX220 but a whole nicer car all round, sounds great and, it has air con yaaaaay

Martin S

Edited by MARTIN_S

10 hours ago, TerryCTR said:

This car won’t be a daily.....for now so I guess I should get on with ordering Monday!

Congratulations and good luck! Just keep in mind that it has a great chance of being far from really well put together and may require (quite) a bit of post factory care to bring it closer to more of a modern car in terms of quality and functionality.

Totally enjoyable to drive though and fantastic on trackdays. Being non daily will certain help with putting with "peculiarities". :)

• Like 1

Well knowing my luck it will have everything wrong with it to begin!

I am hunting for a new role but it’s easier said than done moving to director level so hopefully I don’t need to worry about a daily for a while yet.....

The wife has a sore back just now and getting in and out of the exige during the test made it worse so she favours the Porsche but over dinner I explained the benefits of a V6 and charger whine over a 4 cylinder and I’m sure that’s swayed her to the lotus😅

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

I am sure it is going to be amazing. And, in terms of what you are buying and where from, please do reach out to @stephenwhyte who has bought a very similar Exige (in a very tasteful Fire Red) from Leven, so he can indeed inform you of a journey very similar to the one you are about to embark on. 

Welcome Terry👋

I bought my Sport 380 back in May ‘18 and the whole experience with Lotus and Leven has been without issue and positive👍

I’d definitely recommend buying the car you’re suggesting @TerryCTR - a Lotus is a very special thing indeed, and the whole community aspect is great!😎

• Like 1

Thanks Stephen, hopefully it falls into place tomorrow.

Leven have been very accommodating to date which always helps the buying experience.

• Like 1