free hit
counters
New Eu Report On Performance Cars - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

New Eu Report On Performance Cars

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Result - top speed of 100mph, average speed - not far off :thumbup:

You reckon? :harhar: The next step is "Well you can't go fast anymore so we might as well restrict you to 50 on the Motorways". 20mph is already on the way in city limits and a reduction of the 40 to 30 looks certain.

See where this is going?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Hi,

It's just getting stupid, everything is, not just the car. They want to make the car a social outcast. You get taxed on everything you buy, even though your money's been taxed earning it. Unfair council taxes, with a crap service even though it goes up!! Wish my wages went up at the rate of council tax! Speed cameras on sections of roads that aren't black spots, now Essex Police are re-installing hidden camera, how long before every force follows? Black boxes in cars, within 10 years maybe? It's gonna happen, then you'll be fined for a millisecond over the limit! Perhaps won't even know until you get the paperwork through the post! It's Demolition Man, someone call in Stallone to sort it out! This planet is millions of years old, do they honestly think our 2% of pollution is the major cause of whats happening. Its the planet doing what it does, changing constantly, we're just free loaders feeding off it at the end of the day! :thumbup:

Owen.

Perhaps we shouild go back to a man walking in front of the car with a flag! :harhar:

Kimbers - I didn't say I wouldn't do my bit to fight such proposals - I just won't be losing any sleep over if - certainly for now... :thumbup:

"... the Lotus Turbo (Esprit) owner will not only be comfortable in fast company, but will find, more often than not, that he has no company at all!" Road and Track magazine

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' Featured in Classic and Sportscar Aug 2008 and Wheeler Dealers.

1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 221,000 miles and counting!

A move to Oz is looking like a really attractive prospect at the moment.

As a supposed democracy, aren't we supposed to vote on things like this?

I doubt you would be much better off in Oz, i think this is a worldwide disease.

Parliamentary democracy, a majority of 600 (if they can all bother to turn up) do the deciding on our behalf but not in our interest. And they care not one jot about how their decisions affect our daily lives. They have just signed away the rights of one third of the adult population of England with yet another ban. Who's next, I wonder. And with the EU, it's even worse. Failed MPs on the gravy train and unelected bureaucrats all taking notice of unrepresentative pressure groups. It will all end in tears.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

- Mario Andretti

Mate we're only a democracy once every 5 years when we vote. The rest of the time who bloody knows!!

I say put the royals back in charge!! They wouldn't bother about crap green issues!!

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

In Oz, Queensland anyway - the state government has introduced a large increase to stamp duty (government tax on purchase, in addition to normal tax) for new large-engine cars, as a disincentive.

Also, they have banned L and P-plate drivers (first three years) from owning a V8 or turbo (high performance) car.

Oz is on the same path - don't burn your bridges just yet..

Iain

Can't see the point of it. How much time do cars spend travelling in excess of 100 mph anyway with all the speed cameras, toll road average speed calculations, etc? Like someone said, just add drag. Brings the speed down without saving any fuel.

What about the Honda fuel cell car? The one they showed to the press at Laguna Seca Raceway does over 100 mph on hydrogen. Where does that fit in?

Why not let the market fix it. Fuel is getting more and more expensive. People will therefore want better and better economy from their cars. No need for intervention which doen't work. (Remember the blanket 50 mph limit in the 70's?)

Congestion and the massive volume of traffic is what using up fuel. Bus lanes, making it difficult for motorists to find their way, sending them the long way to places, making it difficult to park all add to the time spent on the road and the fuel used. I would like to see an independent study done to work out if all these disincentives to using the private car have actually saved any fuel. Probably not much overall. And this dozy measure would also have no effect on the country's energy consumption.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Police state becoming alright is the UK..............

Now that twa* Brown is changing the law to stop anyone protesting outside Parliament and allowing forceable tax deductions from your bank account for anyone owing Tax!

.............grrrrrr............don;t get me started.......!...personally I hope he's in the middle of the M6 when I hit my limited 101 MPH!

Edited by nello

At least he made a tit of himself yesterday without anybodies help! :animier: Only been in the job 5 days! so was he asleep next to the PM for the last 10 years on the front bench? He'll more than likely blame everything on the last PM like they do on the last party in!

I'm with Kimbers, stick the Queen in charge. Dig up some of the old rulers, Elizebeth 1st, Henry 8th or Victoria will do, all powerful rulers. Extract the dna and then clone them, Britian will soon be on it's feet in no time. Brick up the tunnel, tell the EU to bugger off, national service and no more hand outs, if you want something in life you work for it!

I don't see the EU telling the US to drop pounds, feet and inches which they still use! About time we started saying NO to others.

Owen.

Buy shares in Tesla when you can. No, seriously.

Totally agree with that..... Anyone fancy helpping me build a radiant energy circuit to fractionalise water into hydrogen and oxygen...... The technology is there but governments and oil industries are trying to stop publication..... Have all of tesla's patents and the guy was born about 100yrs too early....... If it wasn't for J.P. Morgan saying "I cant put a meter on it" to Nicola Tesla and denouncing his proof we would have a global di-electric field being generated by a dam on the colorado river that could supply limitless power to the world............ Since early last year I have managed to aquire about 30Gb of data relating to radient energy production......

Its first use was to power the Telegraph in the US. They placed to metal sheet one of copper and one of steel in the ground and they draw energy from the differential genrated between both plates due to the earths magnetis field..... It is still powered to this day and has cost 0 is user/operator energy input.........

We are being duped by Oil barons and their chancellor slaves.......

Some of you may have seen the claim by MIT that they have been able to transmit energy across a lab with no wires and light a bulb......... Shame Tesla did it on stage in front of royalty in the late 1800's......

Brick up the tunnel, tell the EU to bugger off, national service and no more hand outs, if you want something in life you work for it!

Owen.

My thoughts exactly. Tell the PC and Green brigade to get on their bikes as well!

New political party needs starting. I'd stand! The Public's rights party. Pro transport, doing whats best for Britain, not the politicians. Tell Europe to take a hike, reduce taxes by cutting out handouts and what we pay the EU. Stop the bollocks interest rate rises because Brown can't control his money (Inflation going up because he's over spending so much).

Sorted!

Any one up for a revolution??? Doing nothing at the weekend???

Count me in - I can be revolting! :thumbsup:

"... the Lotus Turbo (Esprit) owner will not only be comfortable in fast company, but will find, more often than not, that he has no company at all!" Road and Track magazine

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' Featured in Classic and Sportscar Aug 2008 and Wheeler Dealers.

1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 221,000 miles and counting!

I really hate to be pedantic but it won't matter where you live or who is in charge or what God you believe in, reducing supplies of fuel whilst the population of the planet increases by 90 million per annum is only going to result in one thing...

One for economists everywhere, markets cannot assist in dealing with a finite supply of anything. Once the oil is gone even Roman Abramovich won't be able to get any...

Hydrogen is an energy carrier not energy, you need lots of energy to make hydrogen, usually with electricity, how are we going to make electricity as all alternate sources require oil to either mine, make, or transport...

Yes the government is lying to you BUT it is lying to you because the truth would damage the economy. Our western economy is based on debt, which is based on promises of economic growth, which is predicated on energy usage. No other commodity on the planet is as useful as oil, it is light, stable, easy to transport, and produces a disproprtionate amount of energy for its size.

Technology will not supply energy as it is energy pure and simple that drives technology. Reagrdless of where we live energy costs are going to increase, this will in turn effect every single aspect of our lives...

The basic premise remains simple, enjoy today, and learn how to ride a horse...

Their is NO solution, and no amount of wishful thinking OR revolution will change that. If anyone thinks governments are actually in control then they need to get their head out the sand, they are simply vessels tossed on lifes turbulent oceans.

So, get in you car today and enjoy the freedom to motor whilst you still can...

Stuart

p.s. Sorry to be so negative but unfortunately I cannot change the laws of physics....

Hmmm,

those Yanks were pretty right when they said to carry the law on the right hip and carry the love beyond that tin star....

:thumbsup:

TESLA:

They're Going Fast

We already have hundreds of customers ready to take delivery of the groundbreaking Tesla Roadster, but you can still get one of your own.

We are now accepting reservations for 2008 model year cars. The sooner you sign up, the sooner you

Edited by esprits4de

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

havent read the whole post BUT 101mph is funny.

the punto city car is screwd then as i got 102mph out of my hire car (on a track)

so all city cars are screwed then LOL.

it will never happen and its all media CRAP

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

The basic premise remains simple, enjoy today, and learn how to ride a horse...

Their is NO solution, and no amount of wishful thinking OR revolution will change that. If anyone thinks governments are actually in control then they need to get their head out the sand, they are simply vessels tossed on lifes turbulent oceans.

So, get in you car today and enjoy the freedom to motor whilst you still can...

Stuart

p.s. Sorry to be so negative but unfortunately I cannot change the laws of physics....

You mean that DeLorean in 'Back to the Future' wasn't real ?