free hit
counters
[Ebay-bot]1977 LOTUS ESPRIT S1 31K MI COLLECTOR GRADE 2L 5-SPEED MUST SEE CALL 1-877-422-2940! FINANCING! WORLD WIDE SHIPPING. CONSIGNMENT. TRADES. FORD - E-Bay USA - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

[Ebay-bot]1977 LOTUS ESPRIT S1 31K MI COLLECTOR GRADE 2L 5-SPEED MUST SEE CALL 1-877-422-2940! FINANCING! WORLD WIDE SHIPPING. CONSIGNMENT. TRADES. FORD

ebay

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This says S1 in the description.

Am I wrong I  thinking this is not an S1?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Yes Michael,   many old S1 esprits got converted at the time to look like the new turbo esprit model,  same as these days people change lights,bumper kits etc to make there car that is a couple of years old look like the new year model.

They actully used to have a few companies in America that usd to specialize in doing this to s1 and s2 esprits, fitting sills, front valance different wheels and the turbo lourves etc.

Sadly these days the complete oposite,  i.e the standard S1 is worth more,  hence why many folks put them back to standard,  who did the work make a massive difference,  as the work envolved to put S1 cars back to standard varies so much,  some just sills fitted, new wheels and a turbo lourve,   while others got the full work,  inc grafting in the rear spolier, cutting of the front valance as has been done with this car etc,  it involves a lot of work to put these cars back to standard.  

A