free hit
counters
V8 runs fine, then like garbage when hot - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
altitude7200

V8 runs fine, then like garbage when hot

1998 V8 with about 15k on it, original owner. It hasn't been driven much at all the last 7 years. Now it starts pretty well, but will, after driving for about 20 minutes, stumble terribly as though it's only running on a few cylinders. No codes are thrown though, strangely.

I've read through a lot here but haven't come up with an answer before I start throwing parts at it. It was suggested perhaps the plugs might go bad, but that sounds fishy. 

This is my father's car, but I'm trying to help him, so I'll get more info in replies. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Coil packs and plugs would be my starting point on most cars....

but wih a v8 - try placing a jump lead between the engine block and neg terminal on the battery - there’s a fair few posts about bad grounding straps on the v8

Only here once

How old is the fuel in the car?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.