free hit
counters
S3 carb to manifold spacing - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
DaveyT

S3 carb to manifold spacing

Hi @jonwat

New Orings in the spacers, but I was going by the manual here...

Last line states “ uniform gap 1mm ...etc”, which contradicts the diagram.

In my case, the rear carbs weren’t clamping at the 2.2 and 1.9 dimensions, so I reverted to the 1mm quoted in the text.

what would be the implications (other than leaks, which I will find easily enough) of the smaller spacing?

I mounted the carbs to the manifold on the bench to keep an eye on the O ring displacement possibilities...

thanks, Dave

BDDD6630-FE32-4E8B-AC4A-E0B913EF334D.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The reason I mentioned it was that I noticed the amount of thread protruding past the rightmost nut, normally its just a few. The spacers are there to prevent the carbs vibrating & so cause fuel frothing in the float chambers resulting in the engine running poorly.

If she's running fine then it's not a problem. 😀

7986BC25-B911-4DB9-80DA-9DD8CB3D95C9.jpe

• Like 2

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

I'm not sure of the question being asked, but @jonwat states above what the purpose of the spacers is.

I bought mine from Eurocarb, along with new 'O' rings. They work fine on my S1. Previousy they were simple plastic spacers with no 'O' rings.

@G_Reaper may be able to shed more light.

Thanks guys,

All the bits for this came from SWLC, inc the genuine carb rebuild kit, but I’ve yet to run it OtR,

....and while it was looking promising, I couldnt get #4 balanced as closely as I’d have liked, but then I found the vac take off from that pot wasnt properly tightened 🤔.

rebalancing over next day or two now that fuel levels are set correctly. Wish me luck🤞🏻

• Like 1