free hit
counters
Revving on start up - 19MY 350 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Revving on start up - 19MY 350

Garv Mk

Hi all - when starting my exige it sometimes fires up with a quiet calm start and then other times, it revs aggressively (a blip) - this is annoying as when I leave work or when I’m at a petrol station, it looks like I’m revving it.... to be clear, there is no throttle load and it happens intermittently and both when the car is cold and when it is warmed up... any ideas why this happens??

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It's a 'feature' to make the car sound cool however I'm think the factory say it's to burn off excess fuel left in the combustion chambers when the car was last turned off. The exact level depends on the position of the pistons when the car was turned off iirc and isn't something you can control. I'm sure it only used to happen in 'Sport' mode on the Evora but is now baked in to both the Evora and Exige. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

The burning off excess fuel sounds logical - i don’t believe it’s programmed to rev for vanity as it doesn’t always do it.... it’s not a great sound frankly so it’s just annoying... I guess I may have liked it when i was 17.. 

When I say not a great sound - I mean it is just coarse, possibly because the valves aren’t open...

22 hours ago, FF said:

But really there is people complaining if an high performance car revs when you start it up? Is better to buy a Tesla at this point 😂😂😂

No one complains - they just think you’re a douchbag

Edited by Garv Mk
  • Like 1