free hit
counters
Dashboard Repair - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Dashboard Repair

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave,

What exactly are you looking to repair? I've got a pod which I bought for the gauge surround and don't really need the rest of it, or is that the panel you need to fix?

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Im looking to cover over a 6 inch square section to the left of the instrument pod. It's been cut out of the dash 'gutted' by a previous owner to make way for a custom pod to hold a heater unit, which has now been binned, and relocated fuses. Really it should be repaired and the whole dash retrimmed but for now i will just cover it over with a piece of board with the fuses attached underneath and then have a look at retrimming the whole lot, and dye all of the leather to match. I'll get a photo up together later.

Edited by catty s2

Dave,

Have a look on LEW. Kato did a repair on his dash where someone had screwed in a modile phone mount or something. The leather was damaged and he wanted to cover it up. Did a good job IIRC and it's all written up on the site.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Dave,

Have a look on LEW. Kato did a repair on his dash where someone had screwed in a modile phone mount or something. The leather was damaged and he wanted to cover it up. Did a good job IIRC and it's all written up on the site.

Pete

Cheers Pete, i'll have a look!