free hit
counters
Stainless steel mud flap mounting brackets - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Stainless steel mud flap mounting brackets

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi, thanks for the interest guys. I still make the brackets, but handling the orders, despatch etc. was a problem my end. the brackets are now sold through a company called x8r ltd - they're really helpful and have plenty in stock. They haven't got them listed on their site yet, but will very soon i'm sure.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
30 minutes ago, AdeMorton said:

Just to let folks know that these are not sold anymore... mine are looking 'nasty' - are these the best bet now:

https://www.eliseparts.com/shop/exterior-bodywork/stone-protectors-decals/stainless-steel-mudflap-brackets-a132b4100f/

I'm the one that made these. Sold my stock to X8r but i guess they've discontinued them. I can make more and may even have a few available. 

All Evoras will need to change them due to rust, even the 400s i think. 

• Love 1

• Gold FFM

@Bibs and @Miguel - there are other brackets that could be considered for this treatment too.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Yes please, I'd like a pair!

1 hour ago, Miguel said:

I'm the one that made these. Sold my stock to X8r but i guess they've discontinued them. I can make more and may even have a few available. 

All Evoras will need to change them due to rust, even the 400s i think. 

Sorry , thought I'd quoted.... Yes please, I'd like a pair!

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

@Miguel, I'd be happy to retail them through our shop if that would help?

If you mean the classifieds here, i did that before. Orders were sporadic at best hence i passed the stock to Xr8 thinking they would put effort into advertising etc.

I'll have a think about making a batch, but the cost will go up to cover increases in steel and shipping etc. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

@Bibs and @Miguel - there are other brackets that could be considered for this treatment too.

I wanted to make replacements for the front access panel hinge but had to sell my car so i have nothing to reference. I also make a rear diffuser bracket for some Exigeseses but only ever sold a couple. 

• Gold FFM
49 minutes ago, Miguel said:

I wanted to make replacements for the front access panel hinge but had to sell my car so i have nothing to reference. I also make a rear diffuser bracket for some Exigeseses but only ever sold a couple. 

I suspect someone will contact you to ask for another type of bracket for the Evora at any time, eh @Alfa2Evora ;)

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 4 weeks later...

Gave the car a well needed wash today, and it appears the mud flaps are flapping a bit too much!

20210410_165501.jpg.5a0b29c324bf2f8989204c27e6c0399c.jpg

@Miguel can we still buy yours from anywhere? Also, can anyone weigh in on how easy they are to fit for an 'enthusiastic amateur'?

Edited by BigTed

• Gold FFM

Don't recall any rivets when did mine. Just bolts.

2 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

ISTR that you’ll need to reapply some rivets. But, if @JAWS can manage it, anyone can... 🤣

Thanks for the info. Well, at 7 hours for JAWS I think you can at least double that for me. Once I get the brackets I think it's off to Gav at Unit 4...

13 hours ago, BigTed said:

Thanks for the info. Well, at 7 hours for JAWS I think you can at least double that for me. Once I get the brackets I think it's off to Gav at Unit 4...

To be honest, it was a relatively straightforward job, I was taking my time and cleaning everything while in there (plus drinking). The removal of all the rusty remnants was the annoying bit. Once everything is clean, it's an easy job just putting it all back. 

I borrowed a rivet gun, all the other tools I had already. You need to keep an eye on the spacers used on the A Panels to make sure they go back with out having to fiddle around with gaps etc.

• 3 months later...