free hit
counters
No Throttle Response - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Rahl

No Throttle Response

Tonight on my way home while driving down the interstate at about 75mph the car all of a sudden started to slow. Pushing in the throttle did nothing. No check engine light. I got over to the shoulder and the engine was still running but no response from the throttle. 

Set the parking brake. Turned the car off. Restarted it. Engine fires up but still no response. No CEL. So I turned it back off. 
Reset the parking brake. Restarted the car. Engine fires up. No throttle response again. No CEL still.
Let it sit for about three minutes and then tried the gas pedal and it was working again.
What happened?? 
Made it the rest of the way home with no problems.

Oh. And might just be a weird coincidence but when I started the car each time the speakers all popped even though I didn’t have the radio on. Never noticed that before on startup.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sounds like throttle sensor is on the way out, maybe.

Isn't there a throttle position potentiometer on the pedal itself?  I replaced a similar item on the clutch pedal and I think there is one on the accelerator pedal as well.  Easy to change if there is.

thanks guys! I appreciate it. I'll look into both.  I'm a little nervous to drive the car now. Afraid it will do it while I'm pulling out into traffic.