free hit
counters
Incoming ...... Vivid Green 220 - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Toeside

Incoming ...... Vivid Green 220

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Very nice! Welcome to TLF and congrats on the new Elise :thumbup:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Welcome to TLF John (Angus). :welcome:

Like the second photo. Well done!

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Welcome aboard, stunning colour love it

Cheers guys.

Hope to use the winter to increase my knowledge and start exploring (within warranty reason :) ) the Elise, making it a bit more personal. Cup holders phone holder etc.

Thinking of some track use so starting to think about a spare set of cheaper rims with track tyres. (?)

Getting used to the lower availability of aftermarket products. I must cover that engine with something so OE cover on order

Mean while its running in duties 👍

Elise is a real natural on track straight out of the box and compared to the cars you've owned before, it will barely wear its tyres out at all.

You could always try stickier rubber on some lighter wheels for more performance but if the concern is wear on your road tyres you might be surprised how long they last.

Hi Angus

Good to see you on here - you just need to retire now so you can drive it more often

Hopefully see you out and about in it soon

Dave (& Sharron)

44 minutes ago, Sbfdave said:

Hi Angus

Good to see you on here - you just need to retire now so you can drive it more often

Hopefully see you out and about in it soon

Dave (& Sharron)

Hi Dave!  Haha yes working on it! Hope life is good with you.  Get out soon ............... it needs to stop raining but at least its washing the salt away! 

50 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Elise is a real natural on track straight out of the box and compared to the cars you've owned before, it will barely wear its tyres out at all.

You could always try stickier rubber on some lighter wheels for more performance but if the concern is wear on your road tyres you might be surprised how long they last.

Thanks. Yes your right. I should try it on the track first and take it from there. I have see how the 981 and Z4 tyres scrub off but they are different cars altogether 

16 hours ago, Toeside said:

Thanks. Yes your right. I should try it on the track first and take it from there. I have see how the 981 and Z4 tyres scrub off but they are different cars altogether 

Totally agree with the pits.

these cars don’t eat consumables at all, you don’t need a second set.

i did 4 track day’s and 9000 miles on the original Pirelli corsa tyres and only had to replace the rears - this is on the much heavier exige v6; brakes were all still at 80% as well!

id imagine the Elise will do day after day without killing the tyres.

enjoy the car, they are just fabulous in all forms.

a geo and cup2s would be worth the upgrade come the hotter months.

• Like 2

Unless you're a really hard-core track dayer, just drive it to track - have fun - drive home. Elise is the perfect car for that.

Great colour 👍

• Like 1

Well that's saved me some dosh! ...................😂 👍

That is truly Green Green.! Welcome and Enjoy! 

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)