free hit
counters
430 Cup rear diffuser (parts involved for swap) - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content


430 Cup rear diffuser (parts involved for swap)


Recommended Posts

Winter blues coming and want to replace my rear diffuser on 2014 Exige V6.

Love the Reverie one (@alias23) , but guess that will be a problem for Belgian MOT.  @Matteo at Eltech promised to do one too, but that has been almost a year now.

 

So looking at the 430 Cup one.  Just want to get things clear: I guess I need part B138U0272F which is the grille thing (with holes, not sure it will do great with the other mesh on the car) and the actual diffuser, part B138U0212F.

Some questions:

- does the diffuser come with the "rubber edge protector", which is listed as a separate part A122A0029V, sold per meter and "3.22 meters required"?

- Am I right that the 430 Cup diffuser "sticks further out" than the 380 Cup diffuser, which I really like too...?

- I just order the stuff from my (Belgian) main dealer, correct (or any other pointers)?

 

For reference, pic or 380 Cup and 430 Cup (430 Cup picture courtesy of George!) included.

 

So basically, paging @GFWilliams and @Mattmahope who went this upgrade route 😀

Thanks!

 

 

 

 

2017_lotus_exige_cup_380_5_1920x1080.jpg

430Cup.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Done!   Thanks to all.

Sounds not so bad for a Lotus OEM part 😀

By memory, 4 u-nuts (speed nut) and the bolts and washers to go with them to fit the diffuser to the grill and the other M6 bolts reused from the existing diffuser.  And I believe 6 M5 bolts to fix th

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Kristof Thys said:

So looking at the 430 Cup one.  Just want to get things clear: I guess I need part B138U0272F which is the grille thing (with holes, not sure it will do great with the other mesh on the car) and the actual diffuser, part B138U0212F.

Correct. You have a choice for the grill bit depending on if you want to have a tow strap or not.

1 minute ago, Kristof Thys said:

Some questions:

- does the diffuser come with the "rubber edge protector", which is listed as a separate part A122A0029V, sold per meter and "3.22 meters required"?

Yes, it came with the rubber edge on it.

1 minute ago, Kristof Thys said:

- Am I right that the 430 Cup diffuser "sticks further out" than the 380 Cup diffuser, which I really like too...?

A little, yes. Ends up about in line with the top part of the diffuser. Not any chance of hitting it unless you're stupid IMO.

1 minute ago, Kristof Thys said:

- I just order the stuff from my (Belgian) main dealer, correct (or any other pointers)?

 

Should be fine, or DeRoure can ship it to you directly.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GFWilliams said:

Correct. You have a choice for the grill bit depending on if you want to have a tow strap or not.

 

That's very useful George, didn't notice that.  So looking at Deroure the one without the strap hole is indeed B138U0272F (whereas the one with the hole is ....271F).  You got the one with the hole, but no strap, correct?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kristof Thys said:

That's very useful George, didn't notice that.  So looking at Deroure the one without the strap hole is indeed B138U0272F (whereas the one with the hole is ....271F).  You got the one with the hole, but no strap, correct?

That's correct, although I do have the strap mount (which just came back from being powder coated) and strap ready to be fitted next time I'm under the car.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GFWilliams said:

That's correct, although I do have the strap mount (which just came back from being powder coated) and strap ready to be fitted next time I'm under the car.

Makes a lot of sense, thanks for that George.  Could you, or Matthew do me a huge favour: could you check if the diffuser itself doesn't stick out further than the diffuser surround?  I mean: for Belgian MOT, if the diffuser would be the point sticking out the furthest, I think this is a no go due to the "sharp" edge (despite the rubber edge protector stuff).  Then again, 430 Cup is being sold here in Belgian too, so should be ok.

 

Just giving you guys an excuse to stroll over to the garage and have a quick peek 😏😉😀

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with what @GFWilliams says above! By Lotus standards, it’s a relatively easy and cheap job, and I think it really improves the looks a great deal. In my opinion the OEM Cup diffuser is the best looking one out there too. I love mine and glad I did it! 
 

2C5103C5-A35A-41F0-B3C8-AA85716A4594.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys, appreciated.

Requested prices to main dealer over here.  Will keep you in the loop.  Will be interesting to compare the GBP vs EUR pricing.

 

@GFWilliams @Mattmahope George, Matt, if you could please just verify that the splitter is NOT sticking out more than any other rear bumper or diffuser surround part, that would be great.  @Mattmahope I suppose your diffuser also came with the rubber edge protector (rubber strip) on it?

 

@Matteo thanks, but race version is no go for Belgian MOT (sticks out too much)

Edited by Kristof Thys
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites

The splitter definitely sticks out more than the S / 350 OEM splitter but far less than most of the custom aftermarket splitters eg Reverie. I’m afraid I won’t be able to check my car for a while due to work, but I would be very surprised if it sticks out beyond the rear bumper.

In any event, I think that all the Exige models now come with this same rear diffuser, from 350 to Cup 430, so I’d be amazed if it’s not road legal where you are.

Yes, mine came exactly as shown in the picture, with the rubber strip on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mattmahope said:

The splitter definitely sticks out more than the S / 350 OEM splitter but far less than most of the custom aftermarket splitters eg Reverie. I’m afraid I won’t be able to check my car for a while due to work, but I would be very surprised if it sticks out beyond the rear bumper.

In any event, I think that all the Exige models now come with this same rear diffuser, from 350 to Cup 430, so I’d be amazed if it’s not road legal where you are.

Yes, mine came exactly as shown in the picture, with the rubber strip on it.

I think you are right, cause the facelift 350 at my local dealer has the same diffuser and made me question mine now lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to say it, but the new diffuser does look so much better! My 2bular pipes sit perfectly in the cut-out and you can see the silencer through the grill. Looks fantastic and no downsides other than cost obviously, although even that is not as bad as I expected.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

The splitter definitely sticks out more than the S / 350 OEM splitter but far less than most of the custom aftermarket splitters eg Reverie. I’m afraid I won’t be able to check my car for a while due to work, but I would be very surprised if it sticks out beyond the rear bumper.

In any event, I think that all the Exige models now come with this same rear diffuser, from 350 to Cup 430, so I’d be amazed if it’s not road legal where you are.

Yes, mine came exactly as shown in the picture, with the rubber strip on it.

Thanks Matt.  Parts ordered, 3 weeks lead time.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Karls said:

That does look nice. Are there any other parts needed to swap this out from a 350 i.e. fixings/fasteners etc?

By memory, 4 u-nuts (speed nut) and the bolts and washers to go with them to fit the diffuser to the grill and the other M6 bolts reused from the existing diffuser.  And I believe 6 M5 bolts to fix the grille. All basic stuff. Took me about an hour to do the swap. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...