free hit
counters
The Adventures of Sonic - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
DT 350

The Adventures of Sonic

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There was several reasons. The car was out of warranty and I got offered an irresistible deal on the new car. 

They also feel like different cars. 

I’ll write up a review soon 

Surely it feels different because it’s brand new v’s a car that had 20k+ on the clock. 

I think most of the difference is because it’s new. Anyway, great looking car and the front end looks much better with the new clam design. 

I got my old Car with 5k miles on it so it was nearly new.  I'm sure things will bed in. It is a nice car to drive and like I said everything feels smoother and more refined, especially the gear box.  

I'm sure once I've completed the run in period and I can take the car beyond the 4.5k rev limit, then exhaust will also bed in. 

13 hours ago, MAG said:

If you want a K&N filter, I have one going 👍

Would you say in your opinion it makes much difference over standard in terms of noise? I guess performance wouldn’t be noticeable with only a filter change  

No real difference to noise but throttle is more spritely. For 30 quid it's a great little upgrade...

:thumbup: well, congrat ... await photos ( also internal - MSX ) and first sensations after retiring from KT ...

20 hours ago, Wilbert Camshaft said:

I did exactly the same thing - I traded in my  MY 2016 Exige Sport 350 in mettalic grey for an Exige Sport 350 in Vivid Green a few weeks ago and I'am so happy I did it regardless all concern I had if that's an a priori justifiable  decision. It is!

My impressions during the run in period were exactly  the same  - you forgot to mention the altered and improved hood release lever!

Now the run in period is over and I look forward to collect my wonderful new Lotus from KomoTec Tuesday next week with subsequent listed modifications applied:

• EX460 Upgrade
  • MXS Display
  • Nitron chassis 2-way
  • KoBra Big Brakes
  • Quaife LSD
  • Harness bar and 4 point harness
  • uprated clutch
  • transmission oil cooler
  • forged wheels

This car definitely is the most beautiful and most exiting thing I ever owned! I'm thrilled and can't wait to pick it up!

Congratulations this is stunning and you have some exciting plans. I'm yet to experience the 460 kit. Yes you're right the boot leaver is so much better but also on the wrong side for me 😅

If you would like to donate your original Forged wheels and 2 piece brakes I'd be happy to take them off your hands :)  

In other news I've got some bit to fit over christmas to keep myself busy :D

Alias23 Filter Headlamp graphics

I'am heartbroken to tell you that unfortunately there is no redundant set of original forged wheels 😎, the car was ordered with the forged wheels. BTW: The delivery of the radiator for the EX460 Kit is delayed so I'am happy if I can test drive for the first time before  christmas  😧

Yeh I’ve been debating the side sills.

But need to reserve some funds for our new house, I think my next purchase would have to be an exhaust. The new exhaust on the MCF 350 is frustrating me. 

Updates:

Exhaust is starting to bed in but I'm still craving more noise.

Seats:

I spend the most of a day over the Christmas break tinkering with the seats. 

My plan was to swop the driver and passanger seats around and hoping I could making some custom brackets as the driver seat is too wide with the running to fit the passanger side.

The Passanger seat and subframe sat perfectly in the drivers seat position, with the help of a couple of spacers, but unfortunately I couldn't get the drivers seat and runner (now removed) to sit right in the passangers side of the car. 

So I had to resort to some spacer washers under the front on the drivers seat (runner now refitted) which has in proved the seating position but still not as good as the passanger subframe was. I had a rough quote of around £150 for the passanger side subframe. 

Alias23 Filter fitted.
Awesome bit of kit. Impressive OME feel and quality. Noticeable performance gains along with the supercharger whine. My personal feedback is the fitting instructions actually make it sound a lot more difficult than it was. I was shocked at how much grit and dirt was in my filter after <1,300 miles The car now feels much more keen especially between 4.5k > 6k rpm.  Overall I'm very happy with my purchase, it also reduced the weight of my wallet :(  

IMG-0813.jpg

IMG-0820

IMG-0815.jpg

IMG-0816.jpg

IMG-0818.jpg

IMG-0821.jpg

IMG-0825.jpg

Edited by DT 350
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, geartox said:

You need the engine plate :)

It's on my list of things I don't need, but will waste my money on anyway.

I would also like some carbon engine covers.

Thanks for the kind words @DT 350 and good to hear the install went well and youre happy with the results :) The instructions are probably my OCD kicking in and writing too much detail.

PS. I did not pay @geartox to say you needed an engine plaque (just for the record)... but must admit was the first thing I thought of when I saw your pics lol

• Haha 1

www.alias23.com

9 hours ago, DT 350 said:

It's on my list of things I don't need, but will waste my money on anyway.

I would also like some carbon engine covers.

Do you plan also to add carbon parts inside ?

13 hours ago, geartox said:

Do you plan also to add carbon parts inside ?

It would be nice but I've just bought a new house which needs some money spending on it, so it wont be any time soon. 

Nice stuff, the installation of the intake is slightly easier on a new car I guess, as the only difficulty I have met before was cause of the rusty bolts... and also, I guess you remember me 😅