free hit
counters
Elite 75 headlight switch - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

My Lukas pull/turn switch perished in flames.

Where can I source a "new" one?

The Real Stig Lotus Turbo Esprit, Lotus Elise S1, Lotus Elite, Lancia Delta, Jaguar XF ....Previous cars: Subaru SVX, Porsche 924 Turbo, Lotus Eclat Excel, Lotus Elite, Matra Murena 2,2, Fiat X1/9 5sp

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Solved - I hope.

I bought this one:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/401917622154?ul_noapp=true

The car is wet inside - but in a drying monitoring state. Power disconnected.

Edited by The Real Stig
Add
  • Like 1

The Real Stig Lotus Turbo Esprit, Lotus Elise S1, Lotus Elite, Lancia Delta, Jaguar XF ....Previous cars: Subaru SVX, Porsche 924 Turbo, Lotus Eclat Excel, Lotus Elite, Matra Murena 2,2, Fiat X1/9 5sp

The thing to do is to also buy a headlight relay so that the dash switch only sees the current needed to turn it on, and lets the relay handle all the current that your headlights are demanding.

If you have after market more powerful headlights bulbs ( brighter than originals that came with the car and many update headlights for obvious reasons ) then it puts more energy through the switch but with a relay, the switch is protected from excess current it was never designed to handle.

This is an easy part to add and saves your switch and maybe even your car from starting on fire. I also put the relay close to the headlights with short wires needed which cuts down voltage drop.

I also use this for driving lights and air horns as they many times draw a good amount of current which the relays can easily handle.

cheers,

Richard.

• Like 2

talking of extra power required for bigger bulbs.....has anyone tried this upgrade

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h4-hids4u-stealth-35w-bi-xenon-hid-conversion-kit.html

HID conversion.....

just thought Id ask while Im finishing mine off......

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)