free hit
counters
Elise MY17.5 Front Splitter - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Elise MY17.5 Front Splitter

Hi,

I have a 2019 Elise Sport 220. Now, this has the facelift front clam.

I'm looking for a while for a front splitter like on a CUP 250.

The original Lotus part is extremely expensive. I've contacted guys like Komo-tec, Elise shop, ... and they all say the the S3 version they have won't fit.

So, I'm a bit desperate.. 

Does anyone have an alternative? Does someone knows why it doesn't fit (I know that the license plate holder is different, but is removable)? 

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, I have a 2019 Elise Sport 220. Now, this has the facelift front clam. I'm looking for a while for a front splitter like on a CUP 250. The original Lotus part is extremely expensive.

9 hours ago, Erwin T said:

Hi,

I have a 2019 Elise Sport 220. Now, this has the facelift front clam.

I'm looking for a while for a front splitter like on a CUP 250.

The original Lotus part is extremely expensive. I've contacted guys like Komo-tec, Elise shop, ... and they all say the the S3 version they have won't fit.

So, I'm a bit desperate.. 

Does anyone have an alternative? Does someone knows why it doesn't fit (I know that the license plate holder is different, but is removable)? 

Even the fiberglass one? The carbon one is expensive but fiberglass?

Also, keep an eye out on Lotus Cup Owners group on facebook etc. I've seen body kits pass by there for the cup 250. Even was a guy there selling a full new cup aero set as he bought them as spares lol :)

Tim,

The original on with wiglets in spare parts is about 2900€.

Elise-shop has a very nice alternative, very similar to the OEM for 460€, only they say it doesn't fit the facelift MY17.5 clam.

The questions remains why it doesn't fit. Is it the licenseplate support? The form on the lower part of the clam??

I'll definitely keep an eye on the FB group

36 minutes ago, Erwin T said:

Tim,

The original on with wiglets in spare parts is about 2900€.

Elise-shop has a very nice alternative, very similar to the OEM for 460€, only they say it doesn't fit the facelift MY17.5 clam.

The questions remains why it doesn't fit. Is it the licenseplate support? The form on the lower part of the clam??

I'll definitely keep an eye on the FB group

The main splitter is the same on the pre 17my cars and the post 17.5my cars. The early winglets dont fit the wheel arch shape of the newer clam.( I have tried!!!)

• 1 year later...

I am in a a similar position looking for a front splitter for the new clam S3 .........Trying to make a template in the garage as we speak not sure if its going to work .......... dont think it will have winglets though;)