free hit
counters
New 2020 Exige images released - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

New 2020 Exige images released

stephenwhyte

Ok apologies......maybe a bit of clickbait and maybe I made it up😉.......but if someone had said this was a new Exige I’d have thought WOW & been pleasantly surprised!👌

To me it does look like it could be a more modern Exige while also looking a little “Evija like” at the front end😎

777548E5-AB85-4349-A98E-71610FA81C7B.jpeg

• Love 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

it looks lovely but it also looks too heavy for a Lotus

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

yeah, but how many owners will ever drive it. Bet half of them get shipped with no batteries!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Here’s the article - the Hennessey Venom F5 in the article is 1360kg and running a V8. Stick a Toyota V6 in there, trim it down a bit and stick a Lotus badge on it😉

C0BE4415-6B49-406E-90E4-1FEEFC1577B4.png

4DF743CC-B77A-442C-8763-BE174267B70E.png

• Gold FFM

Now now, go and take some hormone tablets :)

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So the first car to come out of Hethel will be presented late next year. It will occupy the Exige segment but do not expect it to replace the exige in all its characteristics... It will be more of a Cayman-Boxster competitor than the Exige is now. But it should use 4 cyl turbo with adequate hp, stunning design and new creature comfort than any Lotus dare I say ever...  Overall a more lifestyle oriented vehicle than the Exige, less track focussed more daily drivable and rumor has it, a different name  to signal a departure from what the Exige is now. Yet I'm clearly hoping that at the top end the car may be just as savage as the current Cup 430. 

Alpine then.  

I did say when I sold my A110, that that car with a Lotus shaped body would have been perfect for road use. 

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

On 18/12/2019 at 21:57, DJW said:

Alpine then.  

I did say when I sold my A110, that that car with a Lotus shaped body would have been perfect for road use. 

When that happens Lotus will have a seriously long waiting list... with my name on it!

I like Alpine’s but don’t like the idea of a DCT (no matter how good the Getrag is). Hopefully Lotus will keep a manual option. 

Edited by auRouge
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Hussain Alzubaidi said:

Hello 

Apparently it's going to be a new ESPRIT in 2021 and it looks something like this 😍

3-lotus-v6-hybrid-esprit-render-2020-static-front.jpg

That's an Autocar paint shop chop job. It's one of the PR pictures for the Evija. It has nothing to do Lotus as far as I am aware.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

That's an Autocar paint shop chop job. It's one of the PR pictures for the Evija. It has nothing to do Lotus as far as I am aware.

It may not be exactly the same but I believe it is very close to this one and it has a v6 hybrid 😎👌💪

Some more information about the price 

😍

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-21/lotus-is-gearing-up-to-make-a-car-you-can-drive-every-day

• Gold FFM
26 minutes ago, Hussain Alzubaidi said:

It may not be exactly the same but I believe it is very close to this one and it has a v6 hybrid 😎👌💪

Some more information about the price 

😍

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-21/lotus-is-gearing-up-to-make-a-car-you-can-drive-every-day

No believe me, the picture you posted was an Autocar generated paintshop - it's the Evija picture chopped up. See below

image.png.794fb2b3bb04de8e5715bd091588235f.png

• Like 2

I don't believe it will be called Esprit but I do believe that the Evora chassis based 2-seater will take a lot of design cues from Evija. Whenever we finally see it.

Plan was end of this year. Looking more like end of 2021 early 2022 now. It was running late anyway, now add corona virus disruptions. They may well can it and decide to go straight to full EV (some sense in that, true mini Evija, market moving rapidly that way, especially by 2022) but that would involve yet futher delays. Don't hold your breath and enjoy the Lotus you have or snap up one of the brilliant current cars while you can.