free hit
counters
So we have a forum?! - Page 2 - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

So we have a forum?!

Sam Downey

23 hours ago, phrankeee said:

Hi, Guys, I just found this forum a few days ago, so I though maybe I could join your chat if you don't mind? I am based in Auckland, and have ordered that grey Exige 420FE on TM from Chris. Hopefully I will be able to collect it by the end of this month according to him. BTW Sam, did Chris orginize your PPF for you before delivery?

Hi Frank! Welcome to the forum! I think the majority of Club Lotus NZ activity happens on facebook, except for the odd hold out such as myself!

Congrats on the 420! I haven't seen any of the other cars Chris has, as when I was in contact with him there was only my white one, and the black 390. He mentioned a couple of others he'd managed to get hold of and a Green 430 I think?

Were you able to spec your build or got what was available? Can you share any other details?

Yes, Chris put me in touch with Rob at Protect Autopaint who do a lot of work for Giltrap apparently. I had the whole car done. It looks like they did everything except where there was already factory ppf (which i didn't realise was a thing) because you can tell the difference. Protect's stuff fits great (mostly) and the factory stuff is just slapped on and doesn't reach the edge of the panels.... Only issues are on very awkward shaped panels the odd sort of pinched bubble, which is like a minor eyesore, which i could get sorted if i wanted to re do it but I don't think i'm that fussy. Also they said they'd do the black pack stuff in a satin film but it has not been done so is uncovered. I have no idea how that stuff will wear but again, i could take it to the local protect guys in Wellington for another opinion if I wanted to. DM me for further details if you like.

Have you owned Lotus's before? What car are you coming from? What made you look at an Exige FE?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
16 hours ago, Sam Downey said:

Hi Frank! Welcome to the forum! I think the majority of Club Lotus NZ activity happens on facebook, except for the odd hold out such as myself!

Congrats on the 420! I haven't seen any of the other cars Chris has, as when I was in contact with him there was only my white one, and the black 390. He mentioned a couple of others he'd managed to get hold of and a Green 430 I think?

Were you able to spec your build or got what was available? Can you share any other details?

Yes, Chris put me in touch with Rob at Protect Autopaint who do a lot of work for Giltrap apparently. I had the whole car done. It looks like they did everything except where there was already factory ppf (which i didn't realise was a thing) because you can tell the difference. Protect's stuff fits great (mostly) and the factory stuff is just slapped on and doesn't reach the edge of the panels.... Only issues are on very awkward shaped panels the odd sort of pinched bubble, which is like a minor eyesore, which i could get sorted if i wanted to re do it but I don't think i'm that fussy. Also they said they'd do the black pack stuff in a satin film but it has not been done so is uncovered. I have no idea how that stuff will wear but again, i could take it to the local protect guys in Wellington for another opinion if I wanted to. DM me for further details if you like.

Have you owned Lotus's before? What car are you coming from? What made you look at an Exige FE?

Hi Sam, Chris has actually recommend someone else for PPF, mostly do peelable paint more than PPF, I want to do a satin finish over the grey paint, so I am still tossing between whether I should go for the peelable paint or PPF, I guess the advantage of peelable paint is it's just like paint so there are no visible edges, but I haven't used this before so not so sure how tough it is... What brand of PPF did you use?

I couldn't spec my own 420 unfortunately. My vehicle is optioned with the kill switch + extinguisher, black rims, and floor mat. At first I wanted a stereo, but then I had to wait till next Fed or March to receive a vehicle with that option, I don't think I can stand waiting that long haha, so I just settled for this one. I am trying to convince my self that the V6 engine roar will be the best music when I drive it >__<

I have never owned a Lotus before, so I am really looking forward to the new experience. I did test drive an Elise from Chris, and I really liked it. I have owned a range of sports cars though, from BMW M, AMG, Porsche... etc, and I was already on the wait list for a 992 GT3 before the Exige FE came to sight. I know the GT3 is a great car, but the wait is just too long, and also it's double the price of the Exige 420, and I don't believe it's twice the car. The power to weight ratio between the GT3 and Exige 420 is almost identical, and I believe the Exige will be able to provide an even more mechanical and visceral driving experience compared to the new GT3. The GT3 is probably a better all-rounder and has better creature comforts and tech, but that's not really what I am looking for with this purchase, so the price doesn't justify.

Currently I have a Mustang GT350 and an AP2 S2000, both I love very much, haha. Sadly I had to let my ND MX5 go to allow room for the Exige...

1 hour ago, phrankeee said:

Hi Sam, Chris has actually recommend someone else for PPF, mostly do peelable paint more than PPF, I want to do a satin finish over the grey paint, so I am still tossing between whether I should go for the peelable paint or PPF, I guess the advantage of peelable paint is it's just like paint so there are no visible edges, but I haven't used this before so not so sure how tough it is... What brand of PPF did you use?

I couldn't spec my own 420 unfortunately. My vehicle is optioned with the kill switch + extinguisher, black rims, and floor mat. At first I wanted a stereo, but then I had to wait till next Fed or March to receive a vehicle with that option, I don't think I can stand waiting that long haha, so I just settled for this one. I am trying to convince my self that the V6 engine roar will be the best music when I drive it >__<

I have never owned a Lotus before, so I am really looking forward to the new experience. I did test drive an Elise from Chris, and I really liked it. I have owned a range of sports cars though, from BMW M, AMG, Porsche... etc, and I was already on the wait list for a 992 GT3 before the Exige FE came to sight. I know the GT3 is a great car, but the wait is just too long, and also it's double the price of the Exige 420, and I don't believe it's twice the car. The power to weight ratio between the GT3 and Exige 420 is almost identical, and I believe the Exige will be able to provide an even more mechanical and visceral driving experience compared to the new GT3. The GT3 is probably a better all-rounder and has better creature comforts and tech, but that's not really what I am looking for with this purchase, so the price doesn't justify.

Currently I have a Mustang GT350 and an AP2 S2000, both I love very much, haha. Sadly I had to let my ND MX5 go to allow room for the Exige...

Yeah I have no experience with peelable paint either sorry. I think they said my ppf was SunTek? I don't recall. I got various info about the different brands and products and ended up deciding that the installer was probably more important than the specific product as long as it was one of the big brands.

I also have kill switch + extinguisher, black rims, and floor mat. It gives the car a very hardcore serious feel. When I was playing fantasy configurations on the configurator before I was serious about getting a FE, I specc'd no carpets, only floor mats, blanking plate for the stereo and no sound deadening anyway. But the difference is that with the kill switches, you either need to remove those or do something different to add a stereo. I will eventually look at one of those hidden classic car bluetooth systems instead.

If you've read any of my other posts then you'll know that I've only been able to tease myself with the noise over 4,500rpm, but my initial verdict is that I've never heard a factory car like it. Obviously Italian V8s or 12's are something special but this is the angriest V6 I've ever heard...so you might find you don't care about a stereo, who knows!

You are a true enthusiast! With varied tastes too! A Mustang GT350?! Wow, The modern one or a classic Shelby? Either way something very very special! The AP2 is one of those cars that was always loved within its community, but more and more are realising how special they were now that there will never be anything like it again. Prior to my Elise (which I still have sitting next to the Exige) my first love was a JDM DC2R. I swore I would never sell it and wouldn't have if not to make way for the Elise....I've also had a lovely Evo 9 and an early Boxster.

I've never driven a GT3 (or any 911 sadly) But I would imagine that your ideas about the differences will be pretty much spot on. On a track especially the 992 would pull away from the 420 I think, because of the ultimate grip and rigidity and top end. Modern sports cars have become so competent, so good, that they perform amazingly. The Exige won't be the fastest, compared to current GT Porsche's, or Ferrari's, Lambo's McLaren's, but on the road especially (and also on the track) I think it is likely that it might be the most raw, exciting, old school driving experience around at almost any price. And the way cars are going that is a very very nice thing :)

So haven't been able to test drive an Exige Frank? (I also bought blind, although I was coming from the Elise so had a vague idea of what to expect). I was surprised when I drive the Exige home. Some things were as expected, some different, to my old 2006 Elise.

11 minutes ago, Sam Downey said:

Yeah I have no experience with peelable paint either sorry. I think they said my ppf was SunTek? I don't recall. I got various info about the different brands and products and ended up deciding that the installer was probably more important than the specific product as long as it was one of the big brands.

I also have kill switch + extinguisher, black rims, and floor mat. It gives the car a very hardcore serious feel. When I was playing fantasy configurations on the configurator before I was serious about getting a FE, I specc'd no carpets, only floor mats, blanking plate for the stereo and no sound deadening anyway. But the difference is that with the kill switches, you either need to remove those or do something different to add a stereo. I will eventually look at one of those hidden classic car bluetooth systems instead.

If you've read any of my other posts then you'll know that I've only been able to tease myself with the noise over 4,500rpm, but my initial verdict is that I've never heard a factory car like it. Obviously Italian V8s or 12's are something special but this is the angriest V6 I've ever heard...so you might find you don't care about a stereo, who knows!

You are a true enthusiast! With varied tastes too! A Mustang GT350?! Wow, The modern one or a classic Shelby? Either way something very very special! The AP2 is one of those cars that was always loved within its community, but more and more are realising how special they were now that there will never be anything like it again. Prior to my Elise (which I still have sitting next to the Exige) my first love was a JDM DC2R. I swore I would never sell it and wouldn't have if not to make way for the Elise....I've also had a lovely Evo 9 and an early Boxster.

I've never driven a GT3 (or any 911 sadly) But I would imagine that your ideas about the differences will be pretty much spot on. On a track especially the 992 would pull away from the 420 I think, because of the ultimate grip and rigidity and top end. Modern sports cars have become so competent, so good, that they perform amazingly. The Exige won't be the fastest, compared to current GT Porsche's, or Ferrari's, Lambo's McLaren's, but on the road especially (and also on the track) I think it is likely that it might be the most raw, exciting, old school driving experience around at almost any price. And the way cars are going that is a very very nice thing :)

So haven't been able to test drive an Exige Frank? (I also bought blind, although I was coming from the Elise so had a vague idea of what to expect). I was surprised when I drive the Exige home. Some things were as expected, some different, to my old 2006 Elise.

Mine is the 2018 Shelby GT350, although I think the 65 version is way cooler, haha. The DC2R is an amazing car, I always envied my friend who had one back in the uni days. Must be quite emotional for you when you had to let it go?

The S2K is a special car, and I hope to keep it for as long as I can, it doesn't have much power, but it's one of those cars I always want to go for a spin in.

You are absolutely right about the rarity and purity of the Lotus, and I think the FE will be the last of them especially when the new Emira is getting plusher and heavier, that's why I think the FEs are worth getting a new one for. I am not a pro driver anyway so for me the driving sensation is much more important than claimed lap times.

It's a shame I couldn't test drive the black 390 before it got sold though. I can now only watch Exige videos and reviews on YouTube every day to quench my thirst, hahaha

So how do you find the ride quality of the 420? And how does the kill switch and extinguisher work? Can the buttons get accidentally pushed easily (I have two young kids and they like to push buttons...)?

8 hours ago, phrankeee said:

Mine is the 2018 Shelby GT350, although I think the 65 version is way cooler, haha. The DC2R is an amazing car, I always envied my friend who had one back in the uni days. Must be quite emotional for you when you had to let it go?

The S2K is a special car, and I hope to keep it for as long as I can, it doesn't have much power, but it's one of those cars I always want to go for a spin in.

You are absolutely right about the rarity and purity of the Lotus, and I think the FE will be the last of them especially when the new Emira is getting plusher and heavier, that's why I think the FEs are worth getting a new one for. I am not a pro driver anyway so for me the driving sensation is much more important than claimed lap times.

It's a shame I couldn't test drive the black 390 before it got sold though. I can now only watch Exige videos and reviews on YouTube every day to quench my thirst, hahaha

So how do you find the ride quality of the 420? And how does the kill switch and extinguisher work? Can the buttons get accidentally pushed easily (I have two young kids and they like to push buttons...)?

Good questions! And we are free to chat in  the Exige section also, I think Bibs just pointed us here because me and Jason started going off topic about Giltraps.

I find the ride quality of the 420 utterly amazing on standard factory settings. I've read reviews saying that the Bilsteins in the 390 are more comfortable on the road, which I now find hard to believe because the ride in this car is the best I have ever felt. You feel everything, but nothing (like, nothing!) crashes and nothing is jarring. I'm very fussy and have gone through 3 lots of suspension setups for my Elise (factory supplied sport suspension, softer, base 111R suspension and Penske non adjustables) and its good, but I was never completely satisfied with it. I assumed that I'd be tempted to soften the Exige suspension before even driving away in it, but now I daren't touch it because I cannot imagine it being better resolved. I guess ride/handling can be subjective to an extent, but to me it is possibly the most impressive aspect of  the car. It's fantastic.

I was worried about the extinguisher switch also, but it is no problem. You have a priming switch tucked away between the seats that is impossible to accidentally trigger. You can unplug it anyway if you want. So from new you need to plug the priming switch in, activate the priming switch and then finally press the button on the dash. So it is not even primed when you're just driving around on the road. So it's never going to get triggered by a naughty child's exploratory fingers.... Lol.

The kill switches i assume would just work immediately, so potentially dangerous on the road, but not harmful to the car in anyway (the ECU will lose it's AFR learnings like when you disconnect the battery in a modern car). A good lesson for young-uns to learn about the seriousness of cars and driving though :)

I had my DC2R for 11 years in the end. Only ever being a weekend fun and/or track car it had the lowest mileage of any around when I sold it and was in better condition than any others around at the time also. Luckily I already had my dream car (The Elise) in the garage next to it when I sold it, which softened the blow. Likewise now, I haven't sold the Elise, as I just couldn't part with it. I will make a decision on that in the future when I get used to the Exige. I'm not very good at selling cars!

I felt exactly the same as you about getting an Exige. I dreamed about it when they announced they were ceasing production of the current range at the beginning of the year but didn't think it was realistic. Then the Emira was announced and as great as it looks, I realised that this is the end for these stripped out, lighter than anything else comparable, raw, handbuilt Lotus's. It felt like a now or never type situation.

Based on your car history, and what you're saying, I think you are going to really love the Exige. The NZ club is based in Auckland also, so they are very active and go for regular runs etc. Consider looking us up if you into that :)

I bet the engine in the GT350 is something else also...

Remember to post pics in the Exige section when you've got it! I think it will look awesome in the grey.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sam Downey said:

Good questions! And we are free to chat in  the Exige section also, I think Bibs just pointed us here because me and Jason started going off topic about Giltraps.

I find the ride quality of the 420 utterly amazing on standard factory settings. I've read reviews saying that the Bilsteins in the 390 are more comfortable on the road, which I now find hard to believe because the ride in this car is the best I have ever felt. You feel everything, but nothing (like, nothing!) crashes and nothing is jarring. I'm very fussy and have gone through 3 lots of suspension setups for my Elise (factory supplied sport suspension, softer, base 111R suspension and Penske non adjustables) and its good, but I was never completely satisfied with it. I assumed that I'd be tempted to soften the Exige suspension before even driving away in it, but now I daren't touch it because I cannot imagine it being better resolved. I guess ride/handling can be subjective to an extent, but to me it is possibly the most impressive aspect of  the car. It's fantastic.

I was worried about the extinguisher switch also, but it is no problem. You have a priming switch tucked away between the seats that is impossible to accidentally trigger. You can unplug it anyway if you want. So from new you need to plug the priming switch in, activate the priming switch and then finally press the button on the dash. So it is not even primed when you're just driving around on the road. So it's never going to get triggered by a naughty child's exploratory fingers.... Lol.

The kill switches i assume would just work immediately, so potentially dangerous on the road, but not harmful to the car in anyway (the ECU will lose it's AFR learnings like when you disconnect the battery in a modern car). A good lesson for young-uns to learn about the seriousness of cars and driving though :)

I had my DC2R for 11 years in the end. Only ever being a weekend fun and/or track car it had the lowest mileage of any around when I sold it and was in better condition than any others around at the time also. Luckily I already had my dream car (The Elise) in the garage next to it when I sold it, which softened the blow. Likewise now, I haven't sold the Elise, as I just couldn't part with it. I will make a decision on that in the future when I get used to the Exige. I'm not very good at selling cars!

I felt exactly the same as you about getting an Exige. I dreamed about it when they announced they were ceasing production of the current range at the beginning of the year but didn't think it was realistic. Then the Emira was announced and as great as it looks, I realised that this is the end for these stripped out, lighter than anything else comparable, raw, handbuilt Lotus's. It felt like a now or never type situation.

Based on your car history, and what you're saying, I think you are going to really love the Exige. The NZ club is based in Auckland also, so they are very active and go for regular runs etc. Consider looking us up if you into that :)

I bet the engine in the GT350 is something else also...

Remember to post pics in the Exige section when you've got it! I think it will look awesome in the grey.

Thank you for the answers! Glad to know the ride is good, because I've had performance cars in the past that were so jarring that made the driving experience very unpleasant. It's funny I had a W204 C63 as a daily, and after a year I found that all four rims have deformed because of the super stiff suspension, I don't know how I managed to survive that year... 

Wow... 11 years, that is amazing... Can't imagine to let a car go after 11 years of ownership. I just saw a very thorough review by Savagegeese on the Integra Type R, it revs close to 9k RPM correct? It is probably an even more exciting engine than the one in my AP2. The GT350 has a flat-plane crank V8 that revs to just over 8k RPM, not that much torque down low like most of the N/A engines, but sounds amzing though. I have never had a V6 nor supercharged vehicle before, so the Exige will be a completely new experience for me, very excited, will definitely post some photos when I receive the car.

I am already in the Facebook group, so I will keep an eye out for their events. I presume you must have participated in some of their past outings?

On 10/11/2021 at 21:25, phrankeee said:

Hi, Guys, I just found this forum a few days ago, so I though maybe I could join your chat if you don't mind? I am based in Auckland, and have ordered that grey Exige 420FE on TM from Chris. Hopefully I will be able to collect it by the end of this month according to him. BTW Sam, did Chris orginize your PPF for you before delivery?

Hi Phrankee. Excellent! I’ve got the blue 420 coming so not arriving until next year. 
End of the month is a short wait.  I’m a month into my wait and can’t stand it!!! 
Whereabouts in Auckland are you? I’m in Devonport  

Ive briefly enquired of Rapid Radio and they can install a headless BT stereo that would just connect thru your phone. I think I’ll be going that way as I have the fire extinguisher too.  

Edited by Exigo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exigo said:

Hi Phrankee. Excellent! I’ve got the blue 420 coming. 
Is this your first Lotus? End of the month is a short wait.  I’m a month into my wait and can’t stand it!!! 
whereabouts in Auckland are you? 

Hi there! I think there are two blues ones coming, one is yours with the carbon roof? the other one that Chris Offered me was an Essex blue without carbon roof ex Hong Kong I think.

ya, this is my first Lotus, and the wait is so unbearable, hahaha.

I am based in East Auckland, what about you?

Just now, phrankeee said:

Hi there! I think there are two blues ones coming, one is yours with the carbon roof? the other one that Chris Offered me was an Essex blue without carbon roof ex Hong Kong I think.

ya, this is my first Lotus, and the wait is so unbearable, hahaha.

I am based in East Auckland, what about you?

Yep, that’s the one. I’m in Devonport so a fair way but I’m sure we’ll find a dawn rendezvous at a midpoint near a good driving road.

On 13/11/2021 at 11:07, phrankeee said:

Thank you for the answers! Glad to know the ride is good, because I've had performance cars in the past that were so jarring that made the driving experience very unpleasant. It's funny I had a W204 C63 as a daily, and after a year I found that all four rims have deformed because of the super stiff suspension, I don't know how I managed to survive that year... 

Wow... 11 years, that is amazing... Can't imagine to let a car go after 11 years of ownership. I just saw a very thorough review by Savagegeese on the Integra Type R, it revs close to 9k RPM correct? It is probably an even more exciting engine than the one in my AP2. The GT350 has a flat-plane crank V8 that revs to just over 8k RPM, not that much torque down low like most of the N/A engines, but sounds amzing though. I have never had a V6 nor supercharged vehicle before, so the Exige will be a completely new experience for me, very excited, will definitely post some photos when I receive the car.

I am already in the Facebook group, so I will keep an eye out for their events. I presume you must have participated in some of their past outings?

I think the US market DC2 was a little watered down, I'm not sure. I haven't watched the Savagegeese video yet but i saw it come up in my subscriptions so will soon.

Redline was at 8,000rpm and I'm not sure, sometimes It seemed like the cut out was 8,600 but other times it would rev right up to 9,000 it seemed. I loved the B18CR engine. Not as powerful or torquey as a K series, but sounded way better imho, and more characterful in it's responses. My favourite engine of any car I've owned. I bet a F20C is even better though but is it the F22C1 in an AP2? subtle differences I've read so I'm sure it's still a very special thing.  And I bet the flat plane crank mustang motor is wonderful! Such a strange idea for a muscle car, but I bet it is fantastic.

There is sadly not really any Wellington based activity in the club, but they do do an annual central meet that pulls in people from all over which is great. We would have been doing that this weekend except for covid, so they've postponed until end of Feb next year I think.

4 hours ago, Sam Downey said:

I think the US market DC2 was a little watered down, I'm not sure. I haven't watched the Savagegeese video yet but i saw it come up in my subscriptions so will soon.

Redline was at 8,000rpm and I'm not sure, sometimes It seemed like the cut out was 8,600 but other times it would rev right up to 9,000 it seemed. I loved the B18CR engine. Not as powerful or torquey as a K series, but sounded way better imho, and more characterful in it's responses. My favourite engine of any car I've owned. I bet a F20C is even better though but is it the F22C1 in an AP2? subtle differences I've read so I'm sure it's still a very special thing.  And I bet the flat plane crank mustang motor is wonderful! Such a strange idea for a muscle car, but I bet it is fantastic.

There is sadly not really any Wellington based activity in the club, but they do do an annual central meet that pulls in people from all over which is great. We would have been doing that this weekend except for covid, so they've postponed until end of Feb next year I think.

The B18CR seems interesting, is it one of the first Honda engines with VTEC?

Yes, it's the F22C1 on the AP2, it has larger displacement, a bit more power and better torque than the F20C, but lower redline as well. The F20C 9K redline is epic.

I saw on facebook seems like they went for a run this weekend :)

23 hours ago, phrankeee said:

The B18CR seems interesting, is it one of the first Honda engines with VTEC?

Yes, it's the F22C1 on the AP2, it has larger displacement, a bit more power and better torque than the F20C, but lower redline as well. The F20C 9K redline is epic.

I saw on facebook seems like they went for a run this weekend :)

I'm not actually sure? I think VTEC probably came out in the early 90's? But I think the B16A and B18C were the first two really awesome VTEC motors.

Yeah I think the guys try and get out most frequently, although they might be choosing their moments more currently with covid etc.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, phrankeee said:

Nope, unfortunately my car didn't arrive at the dealership on Friday. The 430 Cup did though... Chris sent me a pic of it... Hopefully mine will arrive at the dealership on Monday... 🤣

Ok, well hope it arrives and looking forward to pics! I think this car is going to look awesome in the grey.

28 minutes ago, Sam Downey said:

Ok, well hope it arrives and looking forward to pics! I think this car is going to look awesome in the grey.

Hi, Sam, thanks, I will go to look at the car once it arrives, so hopefully I will get a call from Chris on Monday, and I will take some pics to show you guys :)

They will still need to take a few days to do the PDI before they can deliver the car to me I think, so I guess I will only be able to get it by the end of next week...

• Like 2

I would love front and rear clam wheel arch vents on the 420...but I'm not about to cut up the car anytime soon!

Also the rubber lip looks good and would surely protect the front splitter from grounding out on driveways etc.

I wonder if the person that has bought this will join the club. You guys also. Because we will have some amazing cars for February's central run to the forgotten highway if you all do. 

Do either of you guys plan to track you cars? I have done trackdays and club level racing before but I have never tracked the Elise and don't intend to the Exige either, because for me they are too precious and too much money tied up in them for me to risk.

9 hours ago, Exigo said:

6A3B6F6D-F6D3-413B-9D1F-B64C977FC099.thumb.jpeg.864899462e1c51755a897f6cac036031.jpegA58475AC-C33B-4EFC-9EA9-47BC3D3CB30E.thumb.jpeg.9c5391f2651bfb9b7d24e6f5b0720826.jpegManaged to check it out on Friday. Looks brilliant. I hung around a bit waiting for your car Frank. Hope it arrives Monday. Agree with Sam it will look stunning in grey!

omg... the 430 looks amazing Jason, thanks for the pics. I have never seen an Exige in person, so I guess I am really buying blind, hahaha

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Sam Downey said:

I would love front and rear clam wheel arch vents on the 420...but I'm not about to cut up the car anytime soon!

Also the rubber lip looks good and would surely protect the front splitter from grounding out on driveways etc.

I wonder if the person that has bought this will join the club. You guys also. Because we will have some amazing cars for February's central run to the forgotten highway if you all do. 

Do either of you guys plan to track you cars? I have done trackdays and club level racing before but I have never tracked the Elise and don't intend to the Exige either, because for me they are too precious and too much money tied up in them for me to risk.

Ya, the vents looks really cool, right? I am trying to get the carbon mirrors (image below), I think they look much better than the plastic stock ones.

I might want to track the Exige, but I am a noob to track days though, so not really sure where to start.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2846/3604/products/GF_Williams_Complete_Mirror_Package_1024x1024_2x_fa29f27d-d05d-4576-8061-505605f38af6_1200x1200.jpg?v=1576643408

• Like 1

Yeah, the vents add a certain seriousness but agree I’m not about to get the dremel out! The best bit is the wing I think and there is some black detailing that kind of hooks up the engine cover to the roof. I had a feel of the lip and agree that would seem to be good protection. Sam, confirm the 420 lip has nothing?

I am keen to track it but not until I have got comfortable. I’ve done several track days in 964s but am certainly no ace. Most important is being insured, accepting you are not about to be discovered and launched into F1, and getting professional instruction. 
I’m keen to join the club and the Feb run sounds great. What dates?

I too bought blind but made it conditional on a test drive which I got the shortest of in the black 390. I was lined up for a longer one but it got sold. The only bit I didn’t like was finding knee room but I guess I’ll find a work around.

The mirrors look brilliant. Starting the slippery slope early!

I’m working tomorrow but will keep in touch via Chris and see if there’s an opportunity to see your car Frank. 

Edited by Exigo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Exigo said:

Yeah, the vents add a certain seriousness but agree I’m not about to get the dremel out! The best it is the wing I think and there is some black detailing that kind of hooks up the engine cover to the roof. I had a feel of the lip and agree that would seem to be good protection. Sam, confirm the 420 lip has nothing?

I am keen to track it but not until I have got comfortable. I’ve done several track days in 964s but am certainly no ace. Most important is being insured, accepting you are not about to be discovered and launched into F1, and getting professional instruction. 
I’m keen to join the club and the Feb run sounds great. What dates?

I too bought blind but made it conditional on a test drive which I got the shortest of in the black 390. I was lined up for a longer one but it got sold. The only bit I didn’t like was finding knee room but I guess I’ll find a work around.

The mirrors look brilliant. Starting the slippery slope early!

I’m working tomorrow but will keep in touch via Chris and see if there’s an opportunity to see your car Frank. 

awsome, then maybe if it comes tomorrow I will see you at the dealership? haha

Well, at least you got to drive the 390, I didn't even get a chance to do that 🤣

• Like 1