free hit
counters
Your neighbours - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
LotusLeftLotusRight

Your neighbours

Dan, you got to learn to say no.  Otherwise you're their bitch.

We've got coffin dodgers both sides and I make sure I rev my 6 litre engines every now and then.  They know not to trouble us.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

And next time get the old dementia girl to correct her legal paperwork 😉

• Like 2

Only here once

I live in a close in a Rural village. My neighbour on my Right is a Consultant. The neighbour Opposite is a Big City Banker and Senior in a major bank. The Neighbour next to him is a Premier League Footballer and the one to my left ...... I don't know what he does but he's nice and when I let him use my drive to fit his woodburner he bought me some wine and a massive box of Chocs. There is one Rental property a couple of doors down but its a 5 bed exec house so the £1600 rent a month isn't conducive to "Beanies". Nice family with 2 kids in there.

There is a benefit of being a posh git and living in the most popular village in South Norfolk right now. Apart from the fact my Property has gone up £200,000 in 3 years its also close to the Hospital and University so most people in this part of the village are Doctors or senior lecturers.

Actually with 2 Autistic boys who are addicted to screaming into microphones while playing X box, Me having a loud car and having 2 daughters constantly around, making 6 cars blocking the close, I think we are the one everyone is talking about in this thread :)

• Haha 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I live in an area deemed 'posh' by Watford standards (yeah, yeah).  The witch next door hates all men and is a constant moaning nightmare.  She complains if I breathe loudly.  The guy opposite is on year 4 of incredibly messy home improvements and has broken every planning rule in the book, but shouts racial prejudice if the council dares to accost him.  He's managed to piss off pretty much all the neighbours.  Doesn't really bother me; in fact I find his idea of 'tasteful' a constant source of amusement.  And in reality he's doing me a huge favour, as when I sell (soon, maybe) prospective buyers will see what they can get away with in terms of further extensions.

As I'm the go-to guy when cars don't start (or stop), most neighbours are quite tolerant of my frequent driveway tooling.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

My neighbors pretty much keep to themselves, although they trespass, defecate on the grounds,  and I suspect one may of eaten my cat.

4 Lions small.jpg

BearMeadow.jpg

• Sad 2

I’m the last house in a village at the bottom of a half mile cul-se-sac at the end of a turning circle so it’s very quiet with no passing traffic. 6 houses in the turning circle and 2 are rented out (partly my fault as I used to own one of them and sold it to a chap who I knew wanted to add it to his rental portfolio) - one is rented by a young family who seem to have fallen out with everyone except us lol. The other is rented out by a chap who is as quiet as a mouse and says nothing to nobody - the only way you can tell he’s in during the summer is when you can smell he’s lit a Rastafarian Woodbine and the breeze is my direction - don’t know his name but rest of the neighbours have christened him Jamaica James. 

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

He's obviously a plant.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

A problem with rented properties is that very often the landlord themselves have very little regard for the neighbours. I have a few rental residential properties and, where appropriate, always include in the renters contract for them to carry out garden maintenance. It does mean you have to provide some basic tools and a mower but at least it keeps the neighbours onside. 

Most of the tenants are ok with that but I have needed to give one or two the occasional warning over the years. Doesn’t take much thinking about to keep everybody happy. 

Ditto....about a 1/4 mile to the next dwelling

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Neighbours are over rated.

Depending on where you live, usually in a town / city, you can have loads of neighbours but few "friends" as they are mostly acquaintance's.

But then you can live somewhere else, usually a bit remote, and have loads of friends but few neighbours and acquaintances.

Hope that makes sense. But in Seville right now. Just in a bar after a superb Bryan Adams concert and on my, errr, well a lot, of chilled Rioja....👍

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!