free hit
counters
Lotus Excel Net - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
theelanman

Lotus Excel Net

whats happened????

I see the site has gone (unless its a 'long' temporary outage) and I think there has been a falling out somewhere along the line......

anyone any ideas????

maybe they should all move here.......:thumbsup:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It may be directly because of the falling out, it may be an unintended consequence. For example, if Angus was the admin who engaged with the host, and the host were needing to contact the admins in order to do something/ keep it running, then Angus's absence may have meant the host simply don't have the authority to do what's necessary. Not saying that's what it is but just giving an example of how it may not be a deliberate action taking it offline.

The responsibility for that forum has moved a few times, there was an old forum, then the one you mentioned, and during this existence the person that ran it left (I think he sold his Lotus and so no longer felt he could justify devoting time to running it) , and so responsibility moved.

Sorry to hear this, as it was a useful resource with enthusiastic contributors. The search facility was particularly good to find old threads. If Bibs is reading this, I find the search function on TLF a bit vague...perhaps due to the ton of info available 'cos da forum is so popular. 

Well done to all who take some much time to run forums and clubs. 

Justin 

I've just noticed it's gone too. Really bad news, it's a good site with a great history of detailed information and friendly, knowledgeable contributors.

Hope it reuturns soon...

I'll be glad to offer them a FoC, no strings attached fully featured hosting account if they are interested? TLF already does this for several other Lotus clubs inc LEC and Autobahnstorners etc. 

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

That is a very generous offer Bibs. It would be sad to see it fold however, I have read on there that a few people are very determined to keep it running. :)

It's getting there......

@Bibs Ive posted about the offer on to them cheers mate

:thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

• Like 2

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)