free hit
counters
Damp garage - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Damp garage

dr_jayhart

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I use four in my garage but what you really need is a dehumidifier to remove the moisture in the air.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

If you search for dehumidifier on here we've had a few good topics about them. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

10 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I use four in my garage but what you really need is a dehumidifier to remove the moisture in the air.

Agree on this, have epoxy sealed floor in the garage so no rising damp but when dehumidifier goes offline the heat only exacerbates corrosion rate.

• 3 weeks later...

If you can't dehumidify or concerned about electricity costs, then the next best thing is good ventilation. I large vent on two opposing walls, allows natural through air ventilation. If you think about it, by and large, that's what a cocoon is doing. 

• Like 1

On 20/12/2019 at 09:04, Composite guru said:

This. Best thing I ever did. My garage condensation can get bad in the winter. This sorted the problem. 

162F43DA-3E7A-4A6F-A12E-C42BF3811E20.jpeg

Ah you're in Bedford too!

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Not wanting to sound posh i put underfloor heating in my garage, the only thing is it would be a pain in the arse to retro fit. No condensation, it drys a wet car. and its a nice working environment. It just took  a bit  of forward planning.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Now that’s the future @PAUL GURNEY :thumbsup:

Hi Barry

Not seen you for a while, just about to start on the old girl again.( work got in the way this year)  Engine and gearbox is coming out in Jan to sort out the water leak i have😉 

• Like 1