free hit
counters
General Election. - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

General Election.

Oh that is my sons maths tutor, what is she doing on here? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Something doesn't add up.

• Haha 1

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

It’s looking like a very good night for democracy 

Only here once

IMG_20191212_233529.thumb.jpg.13d9fb60cab76d44d0ea2dc67e13fd93.jpg

• Like 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Go go Jeremy Corbyn .....oh.....

Only here once

3A3E5D3B-2775-4D27-AD4D-F4B63D0944B9.thumb.jpeg.50dc1c32b70bc726979fbdb6f4537ec2.jpeg

well well well. Who would have thunk it...... it’s called democracy. 

Maybe we need another confirmatory election🖕

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

So how long before we start to hear renewed calls for another peoples vote? I kid you not, I'm expecting it to be today.

I can't believe SNP are using this to push for Indyref2. We have to remember that when Scotland votes for Scotland in a Scottish election on issues just for Scotland, the Holyrood election, they cannot win a majority. If SNP get a majority in Holyrood then that is really the only trigger for a mandate surely.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

The argument for a people’s vote will become quieter and quieter now. Democracy will always win the day. 

Swinson really had it coming - chukka and sourbery gone as well. Now let’s start having a media push at how Great Britain is and forge ahead.

• Like 2

Only here once

Listening to the TV now, it's a lot about we now need electoral reform as their point is that leave parties only polled 47/48% of the total vote.

So I win. It had started before 0930!

• Thanks 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Nice to see JC took his carer along for the count2070134B-8D39-41F3-A021-2D87917D8EF3.jpeg.4be3c12d1e25907f0568eb57c1ac6373.jpeg

• Like 1

Only here once

• Like 1
  • Love 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Wow there's a lot of bitterness, vitreol and sheer nastyness going on in social media today. Especially when I pointed out to many of my friends that the only people who didn't expect this were remainers and Labour Supporters. And here's what I posted:

Egocentrism is the inability to differentiate between self and other. More specifically, it is the inability to untangle subjective schemas from objective reality and an inability to accurately assume or understand any perspective other than one's own. Egocentrism can also cause us to make incorrect assumptions about what other people are thinking or feeling. According to the “assumed similarity bias,” for example, we believe that other people agree with our views even when we have little objective reason for thinking that they do.

I give you all permission to post this everywhere :)

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

18 hours ago, Bibs said:

:blink:

22148654-7784881-image-m-31_157614921842

I saw this yesterday and wasn't sure how to react.

My first thought is funny what a nut job...

Then my thoughts are shes clearly unwell? I mean I wouldn't pop to the shop round the corner in different shoes...let alone 2 left shoes. Shes going out to vote on election day knowing shes going to be filmed. So has she no one helping her out?

Seems to sad to be making fun of her.

But she retained her seat!!????

I just dont understand I have to say!

buddsy

• Like 1

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-13 at 10.22.05.jpeg

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

6 hours ago, Bibs said:

The markets quite rightly don't like hung parliaments, or those with a tiny majority as they are often unable to pass anything through,. So I think the pound would have gained slightly with any likely result (PM Corbyn wasn't a realistic outcome), but such a strong swing means the government can achieve its policies (not just Brexit) without being blocked in the Commons at every pass even if the odd one or two Cons MPs abstain or vote against.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Wow there's a lot of bitterness, vitreol and sheer nastyness going on in social media today. Especially when I pointed out to many of my friends that the only people who didn't expect this were remainers and Labour Supporters. And here's what I posted:

Egocentrism is the inability to differentiate between self and other. More specifically, it is the inability to untangle subjective schemas from objective reality and an inability to accurately assume or understand any perspective other than one's own. Egocentrism can also cause us to make incorrect assumptions about what other people are thinking or feeling. According to the “assumed similarity bias,” for example, we believe that other people agree with our views even when we have little objective reason for thinking that they do.

I give you all permission to post this everywhere :)

I don’t usually comment or get involved with politics, I find it tedious, and a waste of my time. So, thanks Kimbers but I shall be posting something a little bit less wordy, so it’s more clearly understood by those poor lost souls who feel cheated and upset by the result, and are even now still posting their whining twaddle all over my Facebook page. Each to his own, but I’ve become really cross with the volume and vitriol in their missives. We have a democratic right to vote, which was exercised yesterday. But no-one has a democratic right to hurl continuous abuse at those doing so.

So, as a response to them, I’m thinking three words, referring to sex, travel and self-abuse, followed by one or two laughter emojis because I can’t find one with two fingers.

• Haha 2

Margate Exotics.

✌️

Was meant to be. A victory

Screenshot_20191213-185146.thumb.png.142165d3592de3b4214388d642a12c53.pngalan sugar on twitter

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Buddsy said:

I saw this yesterday and wasn't sure how to react.

My first thought is funny what a nut job...

Then my thoughts are shes clearly unwell? I mean I wouldn't pop to the shop round the corner in different shoes...let alone 2 left shoes. Shes going out to vote on election day knowing shes going to be filmed. So has she no one helping her out?

Seems to sad to be making fun of her.

But she retained her seat!!????

I just dont understand I have to say!

buddsy

She retained her seat (albeit with a slightly reduced % of the vote) but STILL 39k people voted for her. WTF!!!!!

Is she dishing out free drugs at her Constituency Clinics?

11 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Listening to the TV now, it's a lot about we now need electoral reform as their point is that leave parties only polled 47/48% of the total vote.

So I win. It had started before 0930!

but how much % did remain parties poll? Must have been significantly less so I don't see their point. The key to losing is losing with style!

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?