free hit
counters
What is the best potential improvement to your Evora? - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
PAR

What is the best potential improvement to your Evora?

I’d get them to redesign the concave top of the doors so they self drain rather than emptying onto my leg every time I open the door when it’s wet!

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Honestly speaking, a self-dipping mirror.  I cannot, for the life of me, fathom why they don't even have an option.

Pretty much anything else would make it "not an Evora", if that makes sense?  Wet legs and all.

Particularly relevant at this time of year with the low sun is sun visors that actually shield your eyes if you are a person of normal height.

Edited by mg4lotus

29 minutes ago, mg4lotus said:

Particularly relevant at this time of year with the low sun is sun visors that actually shield your eyes if you are a person of normal height.

I'm 5'10, so probably average ish height and NEVER had an issue with the sun visors. They even stay at the half way down position for me. Funny how we all are different and pick on different things.

I used to have an old XJ that when you put it into reverse the side mirrors dipped down so you could see the rear tyres/kerb. Given the dimensions of the Evora, now, that would be cool!

Also the electric seats on the front of that car would lower and slide back for easy ingress. That too was amazing and a bit like an Evora you felt cacooned in that car. Then they built a carbon copy of an A6 fastback as its replacement. Progress I guess....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Yep, had a couple of xkr's in the past and electric everything, all useful. Same with the Range Rovers I've owned. I can see where my fetish for improving the cabin of the Evora comes from now. 

Analogue style gauges for oil temp, pressure & EGT. Gauges should be an integral part of the dashboard.

Presumably these are omitted by Lotus for cost reasons, which is daft in a car like the 410 or 430 that’s specifically designed for and expected to be driven on track. Even ‘hot hatches’ come with gauges as a standard manufacturer fitment these days.

Also modify the current display so that it is not almost completely invisible in strong sunlight when wearing polarised sunglasses!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, blindside said:

Also modify the current display so that it is not almost completely invisible in strong sunlight when wearing polarised sunglasses!

FYI but most, if not all, LCD screens will be invisible with polarised sunglasses, regardless of the sunlight. 

Change your ‘glasses. 😉

16 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

FYI but most, if not all, LCD screens will be invisible with polarised sunglasses, regardless of the sunlight.

?? Even budget family cars provide innovative options to address this issue now days. No doubt Volvo are probably looking at this functionality for their HUD as well. 
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/feu/en/news/2018/06/21/blinded-by-glare-or-blind-to-display--fighter-jet-tech-for-ford-.html 

17 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Change your ‘glasses. 😉

That was one of the things I didn't like about the car when I first test drove one but, oddly enough, my own GT410 Sport is fine in this respect. I had thought maybe I would get some sunnies that weren't polarised but haven't needed to, luckily. I don't know if it's a random thing depending on the orientation in which they cut the cover screen maybe???