free hit
counters
AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash - Page 3 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash

1 hour ago, geartox said:

MX2E or Solo DL should use the same backend system to manage the ECU car.

Quite sure that the MX2E display is configurable through the RaceStudio software.

So if you can, like on the solo, map the gear display to the PreCalcgear Mathchannel it will work. On the Solo it works perfectly.  Same thing for the rev lights, should be configurable through Racestudio.

Feedback from Imran should help us soon 😆

The software is very limited in what it will allow end users to change.......

But the shift lights are fully adjustable/configurable and can be gear dependant

ie the lights can come on earlier or later for a given gear

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 15/12/2019 at 03:58, AndyD said:

Yup

to avoid any damage to the SC shrouds and dash leather I had to remove the steering wheel on my IPS version when changing to a CarPlay unit in my SSC double din install.

It’s real easy though:-
- disconnect battery, wait 10 mins

- undo the two cap screw holding the airbag module, pull it out and disconnect wiring ( keep it away from your face just in case 🙂)

- undo 4 cap heads holding wheel to hub and wheel is off.

The questions for me with the dash are

- will it show gears and warnings for IPS Version ? Beeps etc

- can the standard cowl be used (maybe need modification, that’s ok) and relocate the buttons ? ( say to the steering column shroud lower ) pI wouldn’t want to lose the OEM dash look of the “dimples” surround and leather cowl top

Regarding the IPS this is the answer I got from them (I have an IPS too)

"The Exige 350S is in production since 2015 so our MX2E is fully compatible with it. Since your car features a sequential gear, the information about the gear are on the CAN bus and are completely shown (and recorded) by the dash."

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cuprapw said:

Regarding the IPS this is the answer I got from them (I have an IPS too)

"The Exige 350S is in production since 2015 so our MX2E is fully compatible with it. Since your car features a sequential gear, the information about the gear are on the CAN bus and are completely shown (and recorded) by the dash."

I have ask them more details also. On the Solo 2 DL i have tester the Math channel calculated gear based on MPH and RPM. And It didn't work for me. The PreCalculated Channel where you set yourself each ratio worked perfectly: This is why I am sceptical. But we will see. 

For sure, the next @alias23  night video - episode III - will provide more details in our favourite winter show 😆 

On 12/12/2019 at 21:35, Seriouslylotus said:

Took less than an hour to install. It truly is Plug and play.

It just needs the Time, Date, MPH/KPH, C or F Setting and then the dash putting into learn mode for the gear change to set itself on a road test.

All this is done from the 4 external buttons on the new binnacle

Sorry cant post pictures

Dave, do u know if it´s possible to add a second camera additional to a front facing smartycam to the AIM MX2E dash, which will record another view - for example rear view or driver? Goal would be to get a picture in picture video like in circuit tools with VBOX HD2.

2 hours ago, Suto said:

Dave, do u know if it´s possible to add a second camera additional to a front facing smartycam to the AIM MX2E dash, which will record another view - for example rear view or driver? Goal would be to get a picture in picture video like in circuit tools with VBOX HD2.

There is a channel expansion box that means the whole AIM kit can be added if needed, some more info on the spec sheets.

See page 15 and 19 as a start point https://www.aimtechnologies.com/support/docs/MX2E_user_guide_100_eng.pdf

• Like 1

, I would like to apologize I said something wrong regarding the Solo, IPS, engaged gear and ECU.

With the ECU configuration 11-19 (ver. 02.00.04) the Gear channel is correctly read and the value is correct, I have compared the value read from the ECU by the Solo and the value of Precalc Math Channel they perfectly matchs. So I am quite confident that the Display should be able to do it also. Details below. 

engaged-gear.png

gear2.png

gear1.png

Fitted. Installation is as easy as has been claimed by others. Cowl finish not nearly as offensive as it looks in the photos, but not perfect. 

The product itself looks as robust and well thought out as I'd expect from AiM, and I'm looking forward to having a proper play with it.

49245882733_c843e23af7_b.jpg

• Gold FFM

I'm assuming a decent trimmer could cover the binnacle in Alcantara/leather leaving a neat cut out for the buttons?

That way it could be blended in to the rest of the cars interior?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

For it to be feasible I think I would need to standardise on a colour. Im trying Lotus Black (which is actually a dark grey) on mine and should have it finished end of Jan. Potential I guess for standardised alcantara or leather but then an option to customise stitch colour. Let me sort mine first and then I can figure out if its going to be possible :)

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

The Lotus dark grey alcantara would be grand 😀, an option with yellow stitching even better 👍. Will be interested to see how yours comes out

image.png.68e063c88977e990ec1a563dd152745b.png  image.png.470fd24acb07a4d53d868db61f3a9877.png

I am also of the opinion that if you could cover it with the dark gray Alcantara of Lotus, as in the photo, it would be TOP and also in harmony with the interior ... (the cover provided does not inspire me much ... vibrations ?? small and annoying noises ??)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NANO said:

image.png.68e063c88977e990ec1a563dd152745b.png  image.png.470fd24acb07a4d53d868db61f3a9877.png

I am also of the opinion that if you could cover it with the dark gray Alcantara of Lotus, as in the photo, it would be TOP and also in harmony with the interior ... (the cover provided does not inspire me much ... vibrations ?? small and annoying noises ??)

Agreed that the cover looks cheap and nasty but if anyone can make it look better then I am sure @alias23 can. I will look to order once this has been completed via Imran. 

• Thanks 1