Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash - Page 17 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash

4 hours ago, ScooterW said:

Ok, I can try that but I just realized - I don't think GPS works on my unit at all. In the manual it says to go to the track manager page and click on GPS to see the satellite info. But on my dash, GPS is not even a menu item!. It only has the first 3 items.

Also, in race studio 3 I downloaded tracks but I don't see them even when I select manual. Not that the track is in my neighborhood - I just wanted the device confirmation that the track is in the system. But if GPS isn't working, then its not going to find the track (well, the device won't)!.

I do have the latest firmware as per their website: Ver. 02.32.66 

Ok, I think its pilot error (er, me). I had my Smarty Cam plugged in the back instead of the GPS unit. Didn't realize I had done that and now realize I need a data hub!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@AndyD @xyfighter to all IPS owners

AIM is looking for IPS car owner to make some tests on the dash

for the TCU telltale I can't tell when we will have an answer, this requires a car with automated gearbox  to work on, so this can take time.

Do you think your customer is available to test some development versions? I don't know if this will be the way our engineers will take, but it worth knowing. Also consider that there wouldn't be any compensation, I guess it is important to know this too.

@geartox

I would be ok to develop that, basically software upgrades should no issue if AIM take it serious and commit to getting it to work.

If yes then I will order one, hopefully in two parts so I can get it leather covered correctly as I really want to keep an OEM look and feel.

Really wanted to see my shift lights. As I am staggeringly tall at 5'11" I had to go to the expense of buying the shift light module, a data hub, a five pin cable at £42 each and the hassle of removing the dashboard to get what i wanted and I still can't see my indicators. Why Aim don't move then down to the middle is beyond me as it would work for all...midgets and bean poles alike...

20200723_113010.jpg

Dave

That is positive news... thanks for the update. I know some would argue that it is specifically designed for track use, I believe the Lotus AIM OEM one comes with this caveat, but indicators are vital both on the road and the track.

Although I moan about the expense of having the shift light module, I actually now prefer it on the dash board rather than on the  MX2E...The module is absolutely in my periphery vision more so than the shiftlights on the MX2E.

As you are a man in the know with all things MX2E, I have heard a rumor that Lotus have insisted that the OEM device is locked down and that this may effect those of us who have bought the device direct from AIM from a perspective of RS3 and the available configuration options open to us. An example which was used is that the Icon Manager is no longer available in RS3 although I don't think I have ever seen such an option in RS3...is there any truth to this......

• 2 weeks later...

So OEM has better quality binnacle is it correct? I can order OEM or Aim for the same price so thats why I am asking.. Boot up screen can be changed with Race studio in OEM and Aim also? Odometer can be set with race studio in both? thanks

@notabene I have not seen the OEM binnacle, other than in pictures, so I cannot comment on the quality, but it does appear to have a more OEM look than the shiny finish of the AiM version.

I believe the functionality is identical between both versions, so yes, the boot screen should be configurable on the OEM version.

The odometer needs to be set by the supplier, the end user version of Race Studio does not allow this to be changed, for obvious reasons.

On 23/07/2020 at 15:58, Jeroenvg said:

Can someone post the Logo provided on the OEM version screen.

I am also looking for a nice Lotus Exige S logo.

No one??😔

Good news re the indicators for us tall people, an option to have something similar to the OEM shift warning too would also be good news, again for us tall dudes.

Lastly, going to order some sensors when I eventually get out of the desert, and my initial thinking was just to buy some Belden cable and make my own for a tidier install. However I think I'll order longer cables and remake the ends. For the sensor extension I was going to put this behind the rear plastic bulkhead, with the CAN extension velcroed below the dash. Has anyone added extra sensors and if so can they share approximate cable lengths used. Also be interested to see where others have positioned the hubs.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys, 
I have a Lotus Elise Sport 220 2017, and the stock dash would warn if a particular tyre had low pressure. 
I'm getting my car back from the dealer today with the new OEM AIM Dash, but from what I know, it will not show the low pressure warning anymore

Has anyone heard about this or already asked for this from AIM in a future update? 
Couldnt find anything about it :)

Thanks!
J

Just to update in case anyone was wondering. 
I managed to speak to the guys at AIM, 
They mentioned that the TPMS messages will pop out on the screen as they did on the stock lotus dash. 

Also, there is a new bug on the latest firmware that affects the time displayed. 

Cheers!
J

• Thanks 1

For information I got a red warning temperature light at 101° on the AIM Dash whereas the OEM dash is configured to illuminate red when temperatures exceed 113° (based onc Lotus Service Notes).

"If the displayed temperature exceeds 113°C, the coolant temperature tell tale will illuminate red in colour in order to prompt closer monitoring of high temperatures and will continue to display coolant temperature up to 120°C. "

@Mark030358bit of help required.

Noticed that your using Mac for the Race Studio downloads/updates.  Just purchased the dash but my current Mac don't have Windows loaded.  I understand I need Parallel, did you load Windows 10 during the same process or after? Grateful for any guidance.
Stephen

@elise 147 Hi mate, yep Windows 10 and parallels on my machine worked just fine, no issues at all. You just need a bit of practice with the RS3 software as its not the most obvious.

cheers

• Thanks 1