Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash - Page 23 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
19 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

Looks like they’ve moved around the warning lights, so I very much doubt we’ll ever be able to have those skins.  I wonder if they’ve made it so tall people can see the bloody indicators...

4B251333-FE88-4386-AD74-5378104D8996.thumb.jpeg.6ef374067c9e35a5690ad2bea0198bca.jpeg

I just came in to ask about this, these aren't the current graphics of the AiM display right? Cuz I saw this and was like damn this actually looks good.

Also this is the second skin they had showing

spacer.png

• Like 1

AIM dash on the final edition cars looks good and it should be free of any bugs.

Clearly they went to the extend of redesigning the skins and linking DPM switch with them which is a very nice touch, however that 9k range is still there. I understand why it was there in the first place but the FE models are not high revving - people keep asking about this, it'd be nice if AIM/Lotus had accommodated this request.

It'd be interesting to see whether Lotus will supply this version going forwards or just keep the existing AIM dash for the retro fitters.

Here as an FE order holder...

Is the digi dash different then to the MX2E? Or a newer version? Tried to work out from the recent posts, but still none the wiser.

Also, did I read somewhere else you can add wireless reverse camera? I can only find reference to a wired one on the AIM site.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM
10 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Also, did I read somewhere else you can add wireless reverse camera? I can only find reference to a wired one on the AIM site.

There's this: https://www.elise-shop.com/aim-mx2e-wireless-video-connection-for-reversing-camera-p-503630.html

The MX2E is marked as 'track use only', this version is in a production car so is 'Type Approved'. Changed had to be made to ensure it got its type approval so I'd say it's 'different'. 

I'm sure full details will be available soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

The MX2E is marked as 'track use only', this version is in a production car so is 'Type Approved'. Changed had to be made to ensure it got its type approval so I'd say it's 'different'. 

I'm sure full details will be available soon. 

Cheers @Bibs

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

On 09/02/2021 at 13:42, Seriouslylotus said:

There are a few hardware changes on the new Lotus/aim dash that means the software/firmware although similar, will not work correctly on the other dash.

So NO you cant have the lotus firmware on your MX2E.

Good to know. Does this new Lotus version of the dash include the gps and track features of our MX2E? 
or even customizable? 

thank you for any info. 

Interesting. I’d assumed it was inclusive.

Disappointing.... just went I find product pages for FE cars...

The new TFT screen features two selectable driver screen display styles: an analog style with a circular tachometer and a digital style with a linear bar tachometer. These and other menu options are controlled via buttons on the side of the instrument binnacle. A high RPM shift light is included to assist the driver in selecting the optimum gear for the engine speed. A GPS based track data system can be optioned with your Lotus dealer.”

I’m guessing Aim will continue to support the full version we have. 
And is now making one stripped down OEM version with optional GPS for the new cars coming. 
so that’s good. More options. If one can purchase thru Lotus dealers that is. 

Noticed TPMS messages after leaving last track day (stop past nearby service station to pump them back up to road pressure) and it indicated individual corners being low. Haven't seen anything in the logged data but being able to view pressures on the screen would be pretty handy if the data was available? No idea if that can be added as I also see gearbox temp as field but always reads zero so guessing the car doesn't have a sensor for that either.

Also which version of RaceStudio are people using to upload the profiles?

V 3.50.33 (beta for the analysis)

Can modify display, added a few gauge options around the cluster which worked but got a perm error warning on the lower bar and could not activate DPM? Had to reflash the OEM firmware to clear it... (I am running latest version)

V 3.30.12

Doesn't give me the display tab to modify screen layouts. Only expansion, shift light and smartycam.

Like the AIM gear (have a Mychron5, Solo2DL etc) but their software isn't great IMO!

Edited by miniwog