free hit
counters
AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash - Page 11 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
33 minutes ago, Pathfinder1 said:

Hey Mark who are KT?

Komo-Tec.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

6 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

Load the new version of RS3 (03.31.05), Its in there

Installed the latest version of Race Studio and updated the firmware.  All worked fine and pleased with the various tweaks for my Exige 430 MY2018. Found an issue when I came to update the shift lights. I made sure the correct model year was saved on the MX2E (only option was 2011 to 2020).  Updated the shift lights in Race Studio but when I transmitted the update I received the following error message (also see image);

Transmitting configuration to device has generated errors.

Device now runs with: Model Year 2011-2020

To transmit this configuration, first set into device: Model Year 2011-2020

I'm thinking this is a bug, no big deal I'm sure it will get sorted or have I missed something?

errormessage.JPG

Mark

The new software definitely have all three versions of software in it. I have updated three cars with it and it works fine (1 x s2 and 2 x V6 Exige)

The dash needs to be reset into the correct model year after firmware update but before the change lights (To be honest until i did it a couple of times i had some issues)

Give me a call if you need help with it

Cheers

Dave

8 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

Load the new version of RS3 (03.31.05), Its in there

Hi Dave 

Thanks.  I have reset the dash to the correct model year via the dash menu twice , when saved the dash reboots.  I assume this is what you mean by 'resetting the dash? Only model year 2011-2020 was listed.  I'll have another look tomorrow to make sure I haven't missed anything and let you know.

Cheers

Mark

I updated mine this afternoon, The process was very simple, and once applied I found the option to choose vehice very easily in the menu (as Mark says above, only 2011-2020 is listed as an option)

49708451568_47388dc1a2_z.jpg

After the dash rebooted I gave it a quick trial, confirming the useful additions of cruise control telltale, exhaust flap status and clearer DPM mode readout. I had to change the speed / Odo readout back to miles and get dash to learn the gears again, but that was about it. Thanks Dave and AiM for getting the update out.

Hey Arun

Same experience, had to change kph back to mph.  Not road tested and unlikely to until lock-down is over!  Relearning gears no big deal and understandable after an update. As mentioned yesterday firmware update all seemed to work fine and reports correctly on dash and Race Studio.  Haven't had a chance to test again today to resolve updating shift lights, will do tomorrow and report back.

Arun did you try to update (transmit) anything after updating?  Be interesting if yours works okay or if you had/have the same problem as I have.

As Arun says tanks for all the work Dave.

Cheers

Mark

1 hour ago, Arun_D said:

I updated mine this afternoon, The process was very simple, and once applied I found the option to choose vehice very easily in the menu (as Mark says above, only 2011-2020 is listed as an option)

49708451568_47388dc1a2_z.jpg

After the dash rebooted I gave it a quick trial, confirming the useful additions of cruise control telltale, exhaust flap status and clearer DPM mode readout. I had to change the speed / Odo readout back to miles and get dash to learn the gears again, but that was about it. Thanks Dave and AiM for getting the update out.

The AIM normally reverts to KPH and degrees F after an update. You will always need to get the dash to relearn the gears again. 

If you look at the left side of the screen before you reboot it offers the option to scroll the models. Its 100% in there as i'm using the same firmware version as you guys now!!!!

Edited by Seriouslylotus

3 hours ago, Mark430 said:

Arun did you try to update (transmit) anything after updating?  Be interesting if yours works okay or if you had/have the same problem as I have.

I did not. My shift lights have always behaved so I didn't even think to.

Update to my issue - no change.

Checked the firmware update, dash shows the correct version.

IMG_5879.jpg.52aaa48a5b25059ba6be39bf8a3cd733.jpg

As does Race Studio

IMG_5881.jpg.a201984a1dcb1f3b670217fd9161ae65.jpg

I cannot select any other model year on the dash 2011-2020 is the only one available.  I've checked this with great care and none of the buttons, Prev or Next do anything in this screen. 

IMG_5876.jpg.90065024ba80401ed2c35edb065d7bf4.jpg

Select chooses the Model displayed and reboots the dash.  I've done this 4 times in total now.

IMG_5878.jpg.4910e9718f4b631644ad5bf408694efe.jpg

I still can not transmit a shift light update.

IMG_5882.jpg.9de35abbf2bbebef8c414320bbb598de.jpg

Updating the splash screen works no problem, but this of course is not model dependent.

The issue is not a big deal, as I just wanted to tweak my shift light setup to better suit track use.  As I (we) are unlikely to be doing any track days anytime soon I guess they may well be another firmware update by then!

Only thing is I have not driven the car since the update and re-learnt the gears.  I don't see how this would make a difference but you never know!!

Anyone else had the same issue or can test?

@Mark430 -- Mark, can you take a couple photos of your configuration setup as displayed in RS3 Analysis before you attempt to transfit your new configuration to your dash....here is are examples of the two pics I would be interested in seeing....taken of my config for an MXS.....

RS# Config page1.JPG

RS3 Config page2.JPG

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Thanks Dave.

Jack as you can see from the image and confirmed by Dave - not available.

Dave - any thoughts on my shift light transmit issue!  Would driving the car and learning the gears make any difference?

Thanks

image1.thumb.JPG.a73df2471f8a2c18335f5608fe51ce9c.JPG

Check the AIM software version on your lap top, make sure its v3.31.05 and also the software actually loaded on the dash is 02.32.59.

This version should load the shift lights, but they can be changed and then re-transmitted  afterwards as well.

I have updated 4 AIM clusters to this software any they all work spot on.

After upload you MUST reconfigure the dash to the correct model year group, Does yours show the cruise control icon now??

If you set up a new MX2E in the software it will ask you to  select the correct model year, that message infers that this is not the case, It would appear to me there is something out of line between the two

Or export the current dash file, update the change lights and then resend to the dash

Ring me if you need so help

I can talk you through what i have been doing

Make sure when you are doing the dash lights either receive software from the dash and then update the lights, then transmit

Or

Start a new config. but you MUST select the correct model year, update the lights if you need/want to, then transmit.

The software has all three different  model years in it, but they are all separate and you select the one you wish to use, then you MUST transmit the correct model year for it to work on the version you are using

Hope this make sense

Hi Dave

Sorted 😄

It was simply that I had not started a new configuration.  After updating Race Studio I just accepted the config I already had.  Not sure if I missed something in the original firmware update instructions or it was not implicit. 

Really appreciate the help.  Hope you are all well and safe.

Cheers

Mark

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...