free hit
counters
AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash - Page 13 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

7 hours ago, Pathfinder1 said:

Great idea about setting the screen slightly lower so you can see the shift lights.

Not so sure you can without leaving a gap at the top. For me, at +6' it would need to come down a lot. The fix to this problem would be to have a similar arrangement to that of the original dash that you can add by customisation, same with the indicators.

A moot point but Is a dash road legal if you can't see the indicators?

This thread bump has reminded me to get some other bits and bobs for the dash, I plain forgot with all the crap happening in the world.

cheers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a couple shots of the Aim binnacle with newly installed alcantara.   Buttons still function perfectly and everything installed nicely.    

Well here is the binnacle, hope it looks as good in the flesh... cheers

Thought you would like to see the finished article installed in the car.........  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

A moot point but Is a dash road legal if you can't see the indicators?

As it’s aftermarket technically not illegal, the indicator warning should be either a light or audible (I think early v6s didn’t have a clicker though) to pass the MOT.  And even if it’s not working it’s a minor, so I guess they could claim that if the tester is tall. 

For type approval there are parameters to design for, but it’s against the average which we’re above so would probably technically pass but doubt they’d make it OEM in this day an age as the market wouldn’t forgive ergonomic oversights. Maybe the AIM engineers are the more compact variety so it never came up?

• Haha 1
On 24/04/2020 at 21:20, GFWilliams said:

Are you sure the sensor gives a value, not just a yes/no value?

@GFWilliams Had the car out today and nothing displayed on the gearbox temperature signal from the ECU. Strange though as the engineering unit is in Deg Celsius....

cheers

Only happened once, but after uploading all great went for a spin, parked car on drive. An hour later went to put car in garage and “extra sensor” config not showing. Turned off dash then back on again and there they were. Still bugs with this dash....

As a “collective” are bugs bring reported? My dash is going back when things return to “normal”....

cheers

12 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

Only happened once, but after uploading all great went for a spin, parked car on drive. An hour later went to put car in garage and “extra sensor” config not showing. Turned off dash then back on again and there they were. Still bugs with this dash....

As a “collective” are bugs bring reported? My dash is going back when things return to “normal”....

cheers

It takes a few seconds for the dash to connect to the channel expander on boot up

12 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

cheers

As in you’re getting fed up and returning for refund or needs returning for bug fixes? If needs removing and binnacle off then back on again after fix, what a PITA. 

13 hours ago, 550superfast said:

@GFWilliams Did you notice the rpm readout is different on the digital/analogue screens. Both at 39mph, analogue reads 7100rpm - digital at 39mph reads 7600rpm

717263564_Screenshot2020-05-04at21_39_08.png.35503f3e0723e73b699b2b5bfc21dc85.png787722126_Screenshot2020-05-04at21_40_45.png.9dd2c5631f75badeb414639c4ff91b9d.png

In my case, there is a big difference from the actual engine speed on the digital page.  When I checked with the AIM staff, I was told that this FW could not be improved.  Wait for the next FW!

8 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

It takes a few seconds for the dash to connect to the channel expander on boot up

Hi Dave,

I don't have any expanders, it was just the "extra" inputs you can add from the ECU. Strange really, I'll post again if I see it happen (will try and get a video).

cheers

Mark

8 hours ago, Andy Norman said:

As in you’re getting fed up and returning for refund or needs returning for bug fixes? If needs removing and binnacle off then back on again after fix, what a PITA. 

No, Just returning after lockdown as I has a pixellated screen at times and also the HVAC light modification needs to be done. To be fair the dash is fine, just has a few bugs.

8 hours ago, xLEONx said:

n my case, there is a big difference from the actual engine speed on the digital page.  When I checked with the AIM staff, I was told that this FW could not be improved.  Wait for the next FW!

Which one is correct? Not seen this yet, but not been out enough...

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience setting this up for the S2 exige?  In particular the adjustable traction control, does the dash display % like the factory unit does?

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, JRCO83 said:

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience setting this up for the S2 exige?  In particular the adjustable traction control, does the dash display % like the factory unit does?

Thanks! 

I did lots of development with AIM on these.

I have one in my Black dash project Elise that has the variable 10 position traction control. Mine has messages👍

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Seriouslylotus said:

I did lots of development with AIM on these.

I have one in my Black dash project Elise that has the variable 10 position traction control. Mine has messages👍

Sounds good!  Is that because of your affiliation with them? Or is that readily available to all customers/users?

Well, it just gets worse and worse, lost for words really..... anybody had this before.....

Had to pull over, switch off, start up and the dash went back to normal...

cheers

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
21 minutes ago, 550superfast said:

I think I can beat that

😂😂😂😂 But at least you can see how fast you are going.... 😉

16 minutes ago, KennyN said:

he dismissive take it or leave it attitude of the contact in AiM support that I spoke to left me in a position where I'd struggle to recommend the MX2E dash at this stage

Totally agree... and basically in could be fooking dangerous.....

Do they have a Facebook page where we can "give some video" feedback? I suppose they would take notice then .......

cheers

Mark

ps lights on warning buzzer missing too not incorporated (later cars only?).... not so plug and play is it, more like read and weep!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Sounds like a good idea, Mark.  I agree, it's not the cost of the postage, it's the principal.

If I decide to send mine back, I might wait until things have settled a bit following the return to work, or there's likely to be additional hassle with it going missing at their end.

i don’t know why you’re getting so angry @Mark030358, they’re fixing it for free and updating software regularly to improve off the back of customer feedback.

You were one of the first to buy the dash, I think it’s totally normal for aftermarket car parts to have bugs and issues when the first come to market, the Garw certainly did, but I worked with Alec at the time to fix them instead of getting angry at him.  The AIM needs to be returned, but you’ve refused to do it until now, it only takes a few days to do and the whole country is pretty much locked down any way so IMO you should be grateful they’re open to sort things out.

I waited until the bugs had been sorted and bought when feedback was such that I thought it was the right time to buy.  Mine has been perfect since I got it apart from one small bug which was sorted in an update a few days after I got it. 

• Like 1