free hit
counters
AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash - Page 14 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I just received my new dash from AIM! Really fast! 

The first one suddenly died after a few weeks.

Question:

Also with my second new dash, the lights on warning buzzer doesn't work! The seatbelt warning buzzer works great!

Does anyone have a solution? My car is a 2013 Exige s 350.

Big thanks.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a couple shots of the Aim binnacle with newly installed alcantara.   Buttons still function perfectly and everything installed nicely.    

Well here is the binnacle, hope it looks as good in the flesh... cheers

Thought you would like to see the finished article installed in the car.........  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jeroenvg said:

I just received my new dash from AIM! Really fast! 

The first one suddenly died after a few weeks.

Question:

Also with my second new dash, the lights on warning buzzer doesn't work! The seatbelt warning buzzer works great!

Does anyone have a solution? My car is a 2013 Exige s 350.

Big thanks.

Lights on is not currently available on the AIM as far as i can tell

5 hours ago, 550superfast said:

Firmware updated to 02.32.66.

A significant update which was very simple to apply. Looks like some really good improvements

Good work. Thank you to AIM and all those involved with the development.

what r the changes?

https://www.aim-sportline.com/en/sw-fw-download.htm

Their website is down at the mo' but I'd imagine there would be a changelog on that page. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
On 10/05/2020 at 13:23, Mark030358 said:

Further, your rights under the sale of goods act diminish as time progresses from the date of sale.

This a horrible statement for any "supplier" to make and is actually not fully true, especially if you suspect the problem was shipped and not fit for purpose, robust, etc...

It is the suppliers responsibility to ensure, under the sale of goods act, that the product that they supply is of a sufficient quality for the purpose intended and also it needs to be able to "last" what would be expected to be a reasonable amount of time. Which is why if something is inherently faulty at time of sale, or not fit for purpose, you can request a replacement. You cannot expect a full refund as time goes on, but you can expect the supplier to either fix or replace the "faulty" item.

I do hope you all get satisfaction from either using your dash or through working productively with AIM to resolve any issues etc..

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

@C8RKH Thanks for the support. The dash was shipped back a good few days ago, hopefully it will come back fully functional. It is perhaps that a few of us early buyers got faulty units, however I am sure it will be fine. Its just frustrating taking things to bits multiple times.

cheers

Mark

• Gold FFM

Woo hoo - delighted you guys all worked it out and you're a happy bunny. Happy driving.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

1 hour ago, alias23 said:

Anyone using a Mac/Parallels with their AiM? Struggling especially with this firmware update :( which is mostly likely user error lol

Hi Imran,

I used my MacBook Pro and //s to update my dash. No issues with it...

The WiFi icon will appear not to work, however if you go to network setting you can see if its connected or not. However, you must tell RS that you are using a mac, its selectable from a drop down on the upper left tab (cant remember its name and I’m in bed now, so can’t open my machine). The go to cloud and download the firmware to RS. Once downloaded click on transmit and jobs dome (I think, from memory)....

Call me tomorrow afternoon if you want...

cheers

5 hours ago, alias23 said:

@Mark030358 I might give you a call tomorrow and FaceTime or something if that's okay please :)

ok mate....

• 2 weeks later...

After the upgrade of the device firmware and the race studio software, it seems we have a new option to create a custom display.

Did someone test it ?

mx2e-custom-screen.png

On 01/06/2020 at 22:29, geartox said:

examples of customization.

@geartox Is your gearbox temperature from the ECU working? Mine did not display anything Just a “-“ even though the signal had units of DegC.

thanks

Hello everyone,

Car is in lotus dealership to check on engine problem, they could not connect to ecu unless they remove aim dash. Somehow it's interfering with obdII. Are there anyone experiencing same problem?

My car has tvs1900, runs well when first installed but now having some engine problem, it seems two precat o2 sensors are not giving signals.

Edited by Team Lotus
5 hours ago, Team Lotus said:

it seems two precat o2 sensors are not giving signals.

These sensors do seem to go quite regularly so I'm sure will get resolved buddy.

www.alias23.com

Thanks @alias23 but lotus dealership told me car's ECU is broken and needs replacement.

car will be there for quite sometime.

they told me since i always keep obdII dongle in the socket, it might be broken and cause ECU to go bad.

is that a possibility?

Edited by Team Lotus