free hit
counters
AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash - Page 16 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Buzzer is present!

It is working for the seatbelt.

Only it doesn’t work for headlights unfortunately.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a couple shots of the Aim binnacle with newly installed alcantara.   Buttons still function perfectly and everything installed nicely.    

Well here is the binnacle, hope it looks as good in the flesh... cheers

Thought you would like to see the finished article installed in the car.........  

Posted Images

On 14/06/2020 at 15:52, EldonZ said:

In the US, when a dash has been replaced, there is a sticker placed on the door sill with the mileage from the previous dash. Therefore, I do not believe  the dealers can update the odometer.

Later,
Eldon

This is quite correct. It's a legal requirement that once the odometer has passed 50 miles there's no way that the mileage can be changed. I guess that record keeping is key here to prove your mileage should you replace the OEM Instrument Pack. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

@AndyD @xyfighter

Answer from AIM regarding IPS :

the automated gearbox is something for which we still have to address some of the parts. Unfortunately the car is not available to us and info from Lotus are missing,so this is not an immediate solution.

Maybe in the meanwhile, we can ask this customer to confirm what is the gearbox temperature reading when the car is cold, and compare this reading with other temperatures (i.e water), this would suggest if there is an offset to add to the gearbox temperature conversion.

For the TCU telltale, I don't have an answer as of now, we need our engineers to investigate on this argument more in depth.

@geartox

Many thanks for this, let’s see if they can add the TCU telltale.

For the ATF temperature it seems the Toyota sensor is rated to 130 degree C and max temperature is 110 C before telltale might be lit.

I'd only only ever buy Jeffrey Archer at half price too :lol:

Binnacle looks magnificent, very nice!

• Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Now thats the best solution I have seen, excellent. Do you have a cct drawing of the switches? if so can you add the colour codes to the attachment (not sure how its wired so two possibilities)

Again that is abrilliant finish, going to get mine redone like that.

thanks

Mark

Switches.PNG

3 hours ago, Pathfinder1 said:

(I replaced the four Aim  switches in the binnacle with two rocker switches either side of forward part of the rear steering column shroud which gives me the same functionality but are effectively out of sight).

great job ... congratulations to those who did it ... TOP

Please have a two rocker switches photo of how you positioned them ?

Thank You, cheers Nano

Edited by NANO

@Jack - you can't change screen on the MX2E once on the move anyway, so not sure steering wheel buttons would be of much benefit to be honest. Very cool though!

@Seriouslylotus have posted on their instagram a video of the external shift lights working. Obviously his car is an earlier Elise so the binnacle is a different shape, but good to see he got them working.

• Gold FFM

Wow, looks 100% OEM. Very nice.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

On 01/07/2020 at 20:16, GFWilliams said:

Being 6 foot, or near as damn it, I have the issue that I cant see the Indicator Telltails or the Shift Lights in the digital dash as they are obscured by the OEM steering wheel. Both of which are a pain TBH one from a safety standpoint and the other losing a significant driving aid when on the track. This Shift light module solves the shift light issue but not the indicator issue.

Two potential options.

1. Move the indicator telltails to the bottom row of telltails on the dash and move two from the bottom to the top of the screen that are not require whilst driving, perhaps the seat belt warning light and the air bag light. See below

433759608_IndicatorModsuggestion.thumb.jpg.eda06c3ae9a2640e461da307687a1467.jpg

2. See if AiM can configure the left and right most Shift Module LEDs as Indicator Telltails whilst having the remaining 8 LEDS for the shift lights.

As an obvious point of note, the binnacle in the picture posted by seriouslylotus is not the AIM binnacle which has a flat top surface which will make the sitting of the Shift Light module on the binnacle a much more palatable affair. My only wish was that the cable for the Module was a permanent fixture exiting the unit at the bottom and not a 712 connector on the back of the unit.  This would enable you to permanently attach the module to the binnacle without any unsightly cables hanging out the back and seeing the routing of the cable under the lip of the  binnacle hood.  Yes it would involve drilling some holes in the binnacle but they would be underneath the module and out of sight. The Module connects into the dash either through the GPS 712 port on the back of the dash or a data hub if you want to keep the functionality of the GPS which I am sure most of us would, so it isn't easy to have it as a temporary fixture as taking off the binnacle would be pain if one was doing it regularly. (Here speaks a man who has spent hours searching for the Binnacle retaining springs under the cars dashboard which have pinged off when the binnacle was removed).  I am sure that most would have the Module as a permanent fixture unless you are happy having everything hanging out in the open.

Whilst I am on my Soap Box my only other gripe is the graduations on the rev counter and that they go up to 9K RPM and its fixed. I know that this has probably been designed this way to accommodate all Lotus types but my 380 Sport tops out at 6.8k so I am only utilising just over half of the visible scale as it is linear. Now difficult would it be to make the scale customisable through RS3 so its not the image that changes but just the rev numbers and the bars showing the revs are the adjusted programmatically to accommodate. Perhaps a couple of options for different car  types which have different rev limits to accommodate all. See below

839453797_RevModification.thumb.jpg.1c2e92043fb3de7ef4ea382a728ebcf0.jpg

My 2Ps worth....

• Like 2

Has anyone received their lotus OEM version?

i saw one today at a dealer in a nice green OEM lotus box, I swear it didn’t have the ugly shiney binnacle and looked more like standard lotus smooth plastic.

i was in a hurry so didn’t have the presence of mind to take pictures, I’ll ask the dealer to take some on Monday.

• Like 1
On 26/03/2020 at 15:33, Seriouslylotus said:

You are 100% correct the MX2E was intended to be for the S3 variants of the Elise and Exige,

During testing and installation I realise the dash could be made to work in the earlier cars (I wanted one in my S2 Elise so had a vested interest so to speak)

Even though the AIM factory in Italy is currently closed due to this blessed virus, We have been getting a steady stream of updates to test. One arrived today with an operational cruise control light, an updated race/sport display that's much easier to read larger MPH number, No digital rev counter on the Road screens and also the ability to add additional sensors and display the info on the dash.

They have also updated the software for the earlier cars and that all seems to work as intended.

There are a few small tweaks to do, then Im pretty sure the update will be released. 

Due to the software having different models available (2004-2207/2008-2010/2011-2020) once the firmware is updated you MUST tell the dash which version to use (If you don't it uses the older version without the updates)

Happy to help anyone who needs it, Ive done a few updates inc the additional sensors so now have a good understanding of the software

how does one change the models available? I just got my dash and the only one that it shows is 2011-2020. I have a 2009  there seems to be no way to even choose. A firmware update didn't change anything.

select the vehicle section and it will display the 2011-2020 version, click the top right button, Then use the LHS  buttons to scroll through the model varients

( once you are on the correct version click the top right button to select the configuration)

Its a real shame these things are not preset to the correct car by the company selling them!!!!!

15 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

select the vehicle section and it will display the 2011-2020 version, click the top right button, Then use the LHS  buttons to scroll through the model varients

( once you are on the correct version click the top right button to select the configuration)

Its a real shame these things are not preset to the correct car by the company selling them!!!!!

On the UK AiM site, it doesn't provide the right manual but USA site apparently does. Its a bit more than this I found and totally non-obvious. As yuo say, you have to click the top right button to "select". Then prev/next will scroll through. Finally got it to work.

=== 

Next issue - as I just got things to work, I played with a bit. Tried to set speed to GPS as I thought thats more accurate, particularly for the track (where I'll be going this weekend so my first opportunity to actually exercise this thing!). But GPS speed just reads 0! When I set to ECU it works fine.

Has anybody tried GPS for speed? Sent a note to AiM to see if they can help.

Ok, I can try that but I just realized - I don't think GPS works on my unit at all. In the manual it says to go to the track manager page and click on GPS to see the satellite info. But on my dash, GPS is not even a menu item!. It only has the first 3 items.

Also, in race studio 3 I downloaded tracks but I don't see them even when I select manual. Not that the track is in my neighborhood - I just wanted the device confirmation that the track is in the system. But if GPS isn't working, then its not going to find the track (well, the device won't)!.

I do have the latest firmware as per their website: Ver. 02.32.66