free hit
counters
AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash - Page 19 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

On 07/09/2020 at 05:30, Seriouslylotus said:

Reload the software. This fixed the clock on the dash i could set it on.

Old HVAC brightness is nothing to do with new back light, have ask Aim for feed back after carrying out a few tests on the back light (had a new dash in my own car for testing)

@seriouslylotus - I just had the AIM installed by my Lotus dealer here in Massachusetts in my '07 Exige S. I have put maybe 200 miles on the system plus an all day track event last friday.

So far I am having the following problems and I was wondering if you can help. I upgraded the firmware today to the newest version.

1. Clock cannot be set to East coast USA time

2. Gear selection indicator is completely wrong. 1st says 2nd, 2nd says 4th, 4th,5th and 6th all say 6th. Reverse says N

3. HVAC lights are out

Can you shed light on any of these issues?

Thanks,

Henry

'07 Exige S

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a couple shots of the Aim binnacle with newly installed alcantara.   Buttons still function perfectly and everything installed nicely.    

Well here is the binnacle, hope it looks as good in the flesh... cheers

Thought you would like to see the finished article installed in the car.........  

Posted Images

1. Clock cannot be set to East coast USA time. Updating software fixed the one i had, but you can still set the clock, mine jumped 2 hours when saving so i set it 2 hours early, then it tld the correct time

2. Gear selection indicator is completely wrong. 1st says 2nd, 2nd says 4th, 4th,5th and 6th all say 6th. Reverse says N, Did you do the gear calibration, if not you MUST do this

3. HVAC lights are out, Software update coming, It does actually work but is set to 1% so you cant see it,

On point 2, I had this too and it took a couple of attempts before it sorted itself out and is working fine now.

Btw, here’s a pic of the AIM with OEM binnacle Installed in my 350.

3E27C392-5BA8-49F6-81B8-D391A4929CD4.thumb.jpeg.0db83305dd11f4d835f6fd0ce23c133b.jpeg

• Like 2
On 05/09/2020 at 04:08, Seriouslylotus said:

In settings go to camera

You can disable/ enable camera 2 

Or disable enable all cameras

I got this sorted, thank you for your help. Because the "reverse camera" settings screen was showing the same live image (and the same settings) for both "video 1" and "video 2" I hadn't noticed that there were in fact 2 sets of settings. It also didn't help that the user guide makes no mention of "video 1" and "video 2".

BTW, my date and time settings work fine, even with the battery shut-off for days at a time. I'm on FW 2.32.79 (current per Race Studio 3).  And for other users out there, I found the gear calibration to be very easy (no need to accelerate hard or run up the rpm's) and works fine after calibration. Which makes sense because the speed/rpm relationship is constant within a gear.

just done 1500 miles in a week and am very pleased with the Aim dash. Everything worked as expected. The only thing I noticed was that the fuel gauge was showing a bit under full on the dash when I couldn't get anymore fuel into the tank. In addition the low fuel light came on when the gauge said the tank was a 1/4 full.

9 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

1. Clock cannot be set to East coast USA time. Updating software fixed the one i had, but you can still set the clock, mine jumped 2 hours when saving so i set it 2 hours early, then it tld the correct time

2. Gear selection indicator is completely wrong. 1st says 2nd, 2nd says 4th, 4th,5th and 6th all say 6th. Reverse says N, Did you do the gear calibration, if not you MUST do this

3. HVAC lights are out, Software update coming, It does actually work but is set to 1% so you cant see it,

On point 1. Im central time US. just see how off it is for you then change to that offset. Will take a few attempts. But once set it works and keeps it even after battery shut off for me as well. 

on point 2.Start calibration. from stop climb to 40mph or so, stay at a constant speed and go thru the gears changing every 3 seconds. Find a clear road. Did mine late at night. After 6th gear you can just exit calibration I think. 

On point 3 HVAC lights. This is great. Will wait and see then. Thanks for the update. 

To add another, and this one is a super tiny issue. 
When loading a splash/intro screen with a full black edge or background I’m noticing a tiny white dot in the lower left corner. 
makes it look like a dead pixel and kills the cool factor by making the screen look defective. It is not a dead pixel because when you load the default aim screen the white dot is gone. I have noticed the same white dot show on other people’s screen as well. 

24860901-F0E2-4059-A836-A7E39D73BBCE.jpeg

3CDA2BA1-1E88-4E66-82AC-A90B39FF906D.jpeg

C679C35F-A6B8-4987-9C75-7A56A8E93879.jpeg

F659B275-93F0-4C2E-91B4-7755CB9042A3.jpeg

Edited by Rudygon
2 hours ago, AustinP said:

I got this sorted, thank you for your help. Because the "reverse camera" settings screen was showing the same live image (and the same settings) for both "video 1" and "video 2" I hadn't noticed that there were in fact 2 sets of settings. It also didn't help that the user guide makes no mention of "video 1" and "video 2".

BTW, my date and time settings work fine, even with the battery shut-off for days at a time. I'm on FW 2.32.79 (current per Race Studio 3).  And for other users out there, I found the gear calibration to be very easy (no need to accelerate hard or run up the rpm's) and works fine after calibration. Which makes sense because the speed/rpm relationship is constant within a gear.

Does reverse work?

Does anyone else desire disabling TPMS faults? 

I’m running an 08+ ECU on an 06 Elise because you get a lot more data on 08+ (check the AIM web site if interested). I assume others may want to do the same. However, pre-08 does not have TPMS, so the TPMS fault warning flashes the whole time and I haven’t found a way to disable it. 

AIM said if enough people asked they’d do this, so let them know if you’re interested! 

1 hour ago, henrymfisher said:

Does reverse work?

I've never noticed! I usually turn on the dash reverse camera when backing up, or else I'm looking in my mirrors. Frankly I don't find the gear indicator on the dash all that helpful, but it's nice to have it logged when reviewing on-track data (or displayed on the overlay if you have a SmartyCam), so IMO reverse is largely irrelevant.

Come to think of it, it probably does work because when backing up, the reverse guidance overlay is automatically added to the reverse camera view, but it's not added if you're traveling forward.

Edited by AustinP
On 11/09/2020 at 23:49, Pathfinder1 said:

just done 1500 miles in a week and am very pleased with the Aim dash. Everything worked as expected. The only thing I noticed was that the fuel gauge was showing a bit under full on the dash when I couldn't get anymore fuel into the tank. In addition the low fuel light came on when the gauge said the tank was a 1/4 full.

Same issue with the fuel gauge. Not fully topped off, and lights come on way to early. 
Is this adjustable in the race software? Also, I think this only applies to the Digital type dash. Analogue, shows full and is a bit more accurate, although the digital display shows more bars. 

Also have that white dot in the start up screen. Small thing since it goes away. 

Thanks to everyone for all the info on this thread. I installed mine this past week (08 Elise SC, Lotus-branded part.) Same love as everyone else — same glitches, too. Esp re: fuel gauge, double-press for camera, HVAC control lighting, etc.

Pix/description here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFFAizKD4bx/

Dumb question: is there a way to sign up to be notified when AIM does a firmware update? Or just keep checking the site?

Edited by JasonCammisa
On 12/09/2020 at 01:18, MTribe said:

Does anyone else desire disabling TPMS faults? 

I’m running an 08+ ECU on an 06 Elise because you get a lot more data on 08+ (check the AIM web site if interested). I assume others may want to do the same. However, pre-08 does not have TPMS, so the TPMS fault warning flashes the whole time and I haven’t found a way to disable it. 

AIM said if enough people asked they’d do this, so let them know if you’re interested! 

If AIM can display the actual value of the sensor, it would be great. I think the value is there in the ECU, just no where to display on the stock dash, with AIM, there are spaces available or different page to display that.

@seriouslylotus - can you detail the modifications that were necessary to use the factory binnacle with the AIM dash?  I own an Elise California which has a beige dash, so a black binnacle won't work.  I can tackle the buttons pretty easily, but I'm looking to find out what needs to be done (if anything) to the stock binnacle to make it work and how much of the display would be blocked by using it.

P.S. - If anyone is familiar with the paint/coating that Lotus used on these dashes, can you let me know what it is?  It feels almost like a light grade sandpaper when applied.  I was told that Europas might have had something similar.  It would be great if I could coat the AIM binnacle in the same material.

dash.JPG

Edited by Ghia914
On 15/09/2020 at 13:44, Ghia914 said:

@seriouslylotus - can you detail the modifications that were necessary to use the factory binnacle with the AIM dash?  I own an Elise California which has a beige dash, so a black binnacle won't work.  I can tackle the buttons pretty easily, but I'm looking to find out what needs to be done (if anything) to the stock binnacle to make it work and how much of the display would be blocked by using it.

P.S. - If anyone is familiar with the paint/coating that Lotus used on these dashes, can you let me know what it is?  It feels almost like a light grade sandpaper when applied.  I was told that Europas might have had something similar.  It would be great if I could coat the AIM binnacle in the same material.

dash.JPG

Wow, never saw that before. My binnacle was alcantara and I took the cover to a shop to attempt to match the rest of the car. They didn't quite get it perfect but I would suggest bringing your old and new to a shop that could probably order you alcantara.

So a few questions:

- HVAC display update - is there any way to get a Beta release from AiM that would fix this?

- Reverse of the Reverse camera image - are you telling me that they can't add this to the software. I nearly hit a car yesterday. My camera was already on the car and I just got the wire from Aim so I could use my camera with the rear binder pin outs on the rear of the dash. Works fine - except my camera reverse is reversed so I want to undo that. I don't know what brand I have - its been on the car probably 10 years. I used to have it wired to my head unit and there was an adjustment on that to reverse (or normal). This to me is simple software - it should be able to process and flip the image pretty easily. 

- Is anyone else having problems where sometimes you can't use the preferences even when stopped? I swear sometimes I have to turn off the car and turn it on again to have the buttons work. I'm guessing its the GPS thats mucked up (or ECU telling the unit that its moving even when its not). There really needs to be an override - "I do solemnly swear not to sue AiM if I adjust my display while driving" (much like the old nav systems you to have). I mean sheesh, we're all adults here 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

@ SeriouslyLotus - do you know of there are plans to update the mileage issue?  

I sent my dash to AIM in the US (California office) to update my mileage.  Looks like the mileage was inputted properly as it appears in the “Trip” menu setting (1st picture below).  But it displays as “- - - - - mi” on the dash (2nd picture below) on both the analog & digital display setting .  I spoke to an AIM tech, and he said it was because the dash could only display up to 5 digits on the main screen, and I had 149,613 miles programmed in. 

Just thinking this may be a vested interest for you guys in the UK/Europe being on the metric system (i.e. km).  I would assume you will eventually exceed 99,999 km quickly and have an issue with MOT, etc.

btw - you can see I exemplify the dash’s boot up logo “Lotus for the Drivers” by looking at my mileage 😋

824E6498-9673-437C-8FEA-293A1C61F6FF.jpeg

65AFADBA-226D-4A03-A5CC-D75681075950.jpeg

Edited by Nobuyasu

@ Rudygon - I wish you never shared the pixel like flaw on the bottom left screen.  I have an Lotus purchase AIM, and I now see what you pointed out.  I never noticed it before and now I can’t help but notice it every time I power up my car. 

2 hours ago, Nobuyasu said:

@ Rudygon - I wish you never shared the pixel like flaw on the bottom left screen.  I have an Lotus purchase AIM, and I now see what you pointed out.  I never noticed it before and now I can’t help but notice it every time I power up my car.
Ha!. Yeah. Sorry about that.  You can use the Aim boot up screen or something with a light color in that area. (See attached). I do hope they add a fix to the pesky corner dot. 

B31822D1-012A-441E-9100-F96A50BD1F70.bmp

B9848C6C-4832-4A66-A90A-EF8052E5D398.bmp

Edited by Rudygon
22 hours ago, Nobuyasu said:

...I spoke to an AIM tech, and he said it was because the dash could only display up to 5 digits on the main screen...

Wow, that was a bit of an oversight! I guess the programmers are used to dealing with karts and race cars but not road cars :shrug: Should be an easy fix, I would think.

-Ed

1 hour ago, Woots said:

Any update on the reshuffle of rev limit indication? I.e....lower 

That wont happen....