free hit
counters
AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash - Page 21 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

As the dealer sourced lotus branded units are said to have a nicer version of the binnacle cover, does anyone know if they offer kits for the 05 and 06 cars, or must the AIM/Aftermarket version be purchased for the earlier cars?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a couple shots of the Aim binnacle with newly installed alcantara.   Buttons still function perfectly and everything installed nicely.    

Well here is the binnacle, hope it looks as good in the flesh... cheers

Thought you would like to see the finished article installed in the car.........  

Posted Images

Are only Lotus dealers getting the binnacle (instrument shroud) with the improved finish, or is it a "rev A" versus "rev B" situation where all AiM dealers are getting the improved binnacle? I bought mine from Inokinetic (US) and the binnacle actually looks pretty good, the finish is pretty close to my stock dash top (I wouldn't describe it as "plasticky"), but I haven't seen one of the Lotus dealer sourced units in person and it's hard to tell from photos which version I have.

21 hours ago, Coalace said:

As the dealer sourced lotus branded units are said to have a nicer version of the binnacle cover, does anyone know if they offer kits for the 05 and 06 cars, or must the AIM/Aftermarket version be purchased for the earlier cars?

The dash units are the same. Its only the binnacle that's painted on the lotus one, But that wont fit the 2004-2007 white dash non airbag car anyway. You will need to 'sort' the control buttons, unless you find some who has sorted that point😏

My car is a 2013 model Elise with a 1.6 engine, but when I add a display with the new SW, I get an error in the engine mode and the traction control doesn't light up.  And HVAC doesn't light up either.  The serial number is 7700200.  Does anyone have the same trouble?

And unfortunately, the new FW does not turn on HVAC.

B5E11C46-AD9F-4C78-A7E9-84014B91F854.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone Running the latest firmware suddenly have this issue? 

IF you leave the parking lights /headlights on , and turn off the car, the car still keeps idling / running. 
Turning off the headlights/parking llights shuts down the car. 

Dealer here has checked through, and after disconnecting the cluster, notices that this phenomena does not occur anymore. 
Wondering if its the latest firmware

When I installed it again with the new SW (3.34.02), a decimal point was added to each item as shown in the image.  I think this is very hard to see and is a bad thing.  The mode error remains unchanged.

A3A7BA72-AC97-408A-BD34-9D8D98F5FDCF.jpeg

SW 3.34.02 is the RS3 software, nothing to do with the dash firmware.

Start a new configuration in RS3 and re-flash the dash

The decimal places are all programmable in the RS3 configuration 

Dont forget to select the correct model year of software in the dash once its updated

Thank you for your reply!
I made a new configuration with RS3 software of SW 3.34.02 and reflashed it. * FW is the latest
If you then select the model year on the dashboard, the configuration will disappear.
* In that case, the mode error disappears and no decimal point is added.

And HAVC doesn't light up either.
I don't know how to change the decimal point and adjust the HAVC if it can be programmed with the RS3 configuration.

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/11/2020 at 09:30, vodoxus said:

Anyone Running the latest firmware suddenly have this issue? 

IF you leave the parking lights /headlights on , and turn off the car, the car still keeps idling / running. 
Turning off the headlights/parking llights shuts down the car. 

Dealer here has checked through, and after disconnecting the cluster, notices that this phenomena does not occur anymore. 
Wondering if its the latest firmware

So Just an update in case anyone has experienced this. 

Dealer tried latest firmware, issue still persists. 
Dropped back down to 02.32.79 , and the issue is gone. 
Car is a S3 Elise 220 Sport .

Hopefully fixed in a new firmware update