free hit
counters
AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash - Page 34 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash

I've received my car now and really missing that reversing camera I had with the MX2E in my old car :( Any news on FE AIM units and if we're able to connect the reversing camera anytime soon? If not I may have to find an alterative way...

Thanks, photo for interest ;)

20220514_165356.jpg

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yeah that is an option but I don't want a big screen in the car, I was thinking of using a JVC single din unit with a small screen that is reverse camera compatible or mounting one on the rear view mirror. But ideally if its not too long to wait just use the AIM...cause you know...its already there with the reversing camera plug at the back!

I’ve sent off an email to the after sales head at lotus UK and received a response indicating they would follow up with a meeting with Aim Systems to see what they could do… 

I’ll email him again as that was a month ago… 

• Gold FFM

I’ve fitted the wireless camera module to the rear of the dash.

I’m ready then for if/when they activate it.

I’ve also dropped the Aftersales director an email at Lotus.

We need to convince them that they owe it to us to develop the features we bought the cars for!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Sorry another question, is there any benefit in upgrading the firmware? I noticed on my dash I can't change the year from 2020 to something else which might have been fixed in a later patch?

Does doing updates through RaceStudio3 invalidate warranty for the dash?

• Gold FFM

There is no firmware available :(

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

On 17/05/2022 at 08:09, CocoPops said:

I’ve fitted the wireless camera module to the rear of the dash.

I’m ready then for if/when they activate it.

I’ve also dropped the Aftersales director an email at Lotus.

We need to convince them that they owe it to us to develop the features we bought the cars for!

Where do you mount the actual camera?

cheers

Mine is mounted just above the rear number plate, I wasn’t going to bother with the reversing camera originally but went with it in the end due to it being so small and pretty much unnoticeable. I wouldn’t be without it now, comes in very handy.

Poor show on Lotus re the FE’s though🙄

Any chance of a photo? I have typically seen them in the upper part of the diffuser trim but I was never sure they would last due to the heat fro the exhaust.

cheers

"Any chance of a photo? I have typically seen them in the upper part of the diffuser trim but I was never sure they would last due to the heat fro the exhaust."

Mine on my Elise. Been on for two years now and no problems so far.

image.thumb.jpeg.1057781f07a4d7b3ed4b4f4bc0c6083c.jpeg

Edited by Jonathan E

• Gold FFM

That's exactly where I intend to mount mine.... IF/When AIM sort the MXLotus to work with the camera.

Can you share what the view looks like from there?

• Gold FFM

Perfect!!

grrrr now I really want AIM/Lotus to sort their shit out and support it.

• Like 1

I've emailed Lotus again yesterday, as a followup to my request/enquiry a month or so ago... No response as yet.

Will keep pestering them until I get a response, or they block my emails!

("The squeaky wheel gets the oil"...)

The three Lotus people I'm emailing are:

Geoff Dowding (Executive Director, Sales and AfterSales)

Chris Hinks (AfterSales Director)

Tony Parfitt (Regional AfterSales)

Standard email format for Lotus employees is: First Initial followed by surname @lotuscars.com

Keep it polite (just asking, not demanding) and see if you have any luck...

My email was: >>>

As a recent purchaser of a Final Edition Elise 240, I’ve found the new TFT digital display very good - however with just a few more tweaks it would be perfect…

One of the main missing features is that although the dash unit has input for a reversing camera (which is available from the manufacturer Aim sport systems) the software in the dash is unable to detect it.

I have enquired from Aim sport systems as to if they will bring out a firmware upgrade to enable this, but they state that it is up to Lotus to request this - not them.

Aim separately sell the Lotus-specific dash called M2XE which does support this and many other missing features - and they only want to sell me this version, however I feel I’ve already paid for it in the form of the Lotus version in my Final Edition.

Is there some chance that Lotus could ask Aim to provide an upgrade to the Final Edition dash to provide at least this basic safety feature?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Jonathan E said:

"Any chance of a photo? I have typically seen them in the upper part of the diffuser trim but I was never sure they would last due to the heat fro the exhaust."

Mine on my Elise. Been on for two years now and no problems so far.

image.thumb.jpeg.1057781f07a4d7b3ed4b4f4bc0c6083c.jpeg

Which camera did you buy?

cheers

3 minutes ago, stevensr34 said:

The three Lotus people I'm emailing are:

Geoff Dowding (Executive Director, Sales and AfterSales)

Chris Hinks (AfterSales Director)

Tony Parfitt (Regional AfterSales)

Standard email format for Lotus employees is: First Initial followed by surname @lotuscars.com

Keep it polite (just asking, not demanding) and see if you have any luck...

My email was: >>>

As a recent purchaser of a Final Edition Elise 240, I’ve found the new TFT digital display very good - however with just a few more tweaks it would be perfect…

One of the main missing features is that although the dash unit has input for a reversing camera (which is available from the manufacturer Aim sport systems) the software in the dash is unable to detect it.

I have enquired from Aim sport systems as to if they will bring out a firmware upgrade to enable this, but they state that it is up to Lotus to request this - not them.

Aim separately sell the Lotus-specific dash called M2XE which does support this and many other missing features - and they only want to sell me this version, however I feel I’ve already paid for it in the form of the Lotus version in my Final Edition.

Is there some chance that Lotus could ask Aim to provide an upgrade to the Final Edition dash to provide at least this basic safety feature?

Damn should have asked them when they came to visit us in NZ last week! I even asked Matt Windle a different question and totally forgot about the AiM dash 😂

• Gold FFM

I sent the following, to [email protected] on Monday. No reply yet.

Good Morning,

I wonder if you can help.
I own an Elise Cup 250 FE with the AIM dash and I’m disappointed that I cannot use a gps unit or reverse camera.

AIM say the MXLotus needs software update but it is not their device it is a Lotus device.
Lotus after sales say it’s an AIM device and there’s nothing they can do.

So, as a customer of Lotus (3rd new Lotus) and have an Emira on order, I am disappointed that us Final Edition owners have been left out in the cold with an unsupported product.

Please advise.

Regards,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

Which camera did you buy?

cheers

It’s the AiM camera: https://www.aimshop.com/products/aim-mirror-reversing-camera-for-mx-series-pdm?pr_prod_strat=copurchase&pr_rec_id=933e20cea&pr_rec_pid=1602582970470&pr_ref_pid=4405161787494&pr_seq=uniform

I’m not surprised at the Lotus response to the camera requests. AiM announced the MX2e for the Lotus Elise back around Jan/Feb 2020. My car was in build at that point, delivery due March 2020 and we all know what happened then🙄. As soon as I saw the unit advertised I contacted Lotus and asked it, Lotus responded by saying that it wasn’t a Lotus product and fitting it would affect my warranty in respect of anything connected to it😦. May 2020 arrived and my car was still locked inside Hethel half built and then Lotus announced that the AiM dash was now a fully supported product.. I contacted Jamie at B&C and he managed to get a unit to fit on my car pre delivery, the  car was finally delivered June. I don’t think B&C had actually fitted one because I remember them ringing me and asking where I wanted the rear view camera fitting.

Delivery of my car was late but I wouldn’t have purchased the AiM unit after delivery so it was a good thing in a way😄

• Gold FFM

I have this:

https://www.elise-shop.com/aim-mx2e-wireless-video-connection-for-reversing-camera-p-503630.html

ease of use and wiring. The receiver is already in place, connected to the dash. Which is why I want the software update to enable. Then I’ll connect the rear end.

That’s interesting as I had bought a Wi-Fi camera, but before AIM, that linked to my iPhone. I could never get the signal to function properly due to all the steel and also it wasn’t a quality device. But that’s, that’s interesting 

cheers