free hit
counters
AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash - Page 4 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a couple shots of the Aim binnacle with newly installed alcantara.   Buttons still function perfectly and everything installed nicely.    

Thought you would like to see the finished article installed in the car.........  

Well here is the binnacle, hope it looks as good in the flesh... cheers

Posted Images

2 hours ago, mark248am said:

A carbon wrap could also be an option (probably easier as well) and could potentially blend into the interior better. The 430 Cup already uses a matt carbon binnacle so wouldn't be too out of place.

But that would have to be well wrapped, otherwise it looks cheap, which would not be Lotus-Like

This is what I am thinking to try first.... https://www.wickedcoatings.co.uk/car-dashboard-parts-coated-in-carbon-fibre-hydrographic-film-painted-black/ but with a matte finish. 

But speaking with an expert tonight ;) 

cheers

7 hours ago, mark248am said:

A carbon wrap could also be an option (probably easier as well) and could potentially blend into the interior better. The 430 Cup already uses a matt carbon binnacle so wouldn't be too out of place.

spacer.png

True ... I agree with you ... much better ... it could be a good solution: however I would say before waiting for the good job (I'm sure) of @alias23.

NB: Mark you saw my MP to you ?

On 20/12/2019 at 06:31, EldonZ said:

Any idea if they are going to make this available for the 2008-2011 Exige ECU? I have a Garw dash now but it is having some small issues.

Don't waste your time helping this guy......LOL....😀

Love you Eldon.    😝

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

4 hours ago, Jack said:

Don't waste your time helping this guy......LOL....😀

Love you Eldon.    😝

Really Jack! 😉

I'm new to this forum and you are already trying to give me a bad reputation. 😜

Later,
Eldon

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Really! You're not paying 1700 for the bloody binnacle but for the display, electronics, the R&D etc... Maybe they'll create a carbon one and then relieve your of 2,000 for the kit.

I'd best get some miles in and running impressions on mine, so we can focus the attention back onto the actual dash. Seems wherever the discussion is, it's regarding the sodding binnacle!

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

For future ref what is the reference number for the Alcantara? When I got my Evora done we (Allon White) used Alcantara 9002 for the Evora, the Exige looks much lighter.

image.jpeg.f149b773140c1afe9fb0298fa8854265.jpeg

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

12 minutes ago, notabene said:

I am thinking about adding oil temp gauge + oil pressure gauge to my Exige S V6. 

Is anyone using channel expansion for their Exige? 

https://www.aim-sportline.com/en/products/channel-expansion/index.htm

image.thumb.png.9c89f364ae5c13730240b4b5262f033c.png

Have a look here, talking through the wiring in of data hub and channel expansion: 

At the moment the extra sensors do not display, they only log. Firmware upgrade due next year to address this.

Installed my one a few days ago.  Need to learn the gears.

All working okay, but did get some mixed up graphics a few times on start-up. After a decent run this seems to have sorted it self, will have to wait and see if it happens again.

Agree digital layout better than analogue, but guess this will just be a personal choice.

The housing moulding is okay and fits reasonable well, it looks okay in the car but a carbon fibre wrap or alcantara would help finish it off.

Will be speaking to a car wrap guy in the New Year and see if a carbon wrap is possible. if I get it done will post some pictures.

On 15/12/2019 at 23:28, Seriouslylotus said:

The MX2E is 'taught' the gear ratio's during its set up calibration (RPM Vs in gear speed)

The dash doesnt know if its Manual or auto (ad doesnt care ) Just need the two signals (RPM and MPH)

Can you set out the correct step-by-step method for ‘teaching’ the gear ratio’s. Tried a couple of times but cannot get it to work.

On 22/12/2019 at 22:24, Martrack said:

Can't you set max scale to 7000 RPM, so remove 8000 / 9000 RPM points, so that you better use all screen width ?

Was thinking the same. This unit is on my radar, but seems to lack a lot of customisation.