free hit
counters
AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash - Page 8 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Arun_D

AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Where did you buy the alcantara? 

Are the buttons still working well?

And traction control lights?

No cruise control? Does the cruise control light work at the dash?

1 minute ago, Jeroenvg said:

And traction control lights?

No cruise control? Does the cruise control light work at the dash?

Not yet, Its one of the important updates requested

@Seriouslylotus I need to sort either resistors or deselect in Lotus Tech just haven’t had time to turn it off.

@Jeroenvg I was driving in either race or full traction off mode (can’t remember) but everything very normal. 

www.alias23.com

@alias23: Imran but I see that you covered the use keys with Alcantara to change the various parameters ...

but still work ? well ?

I have to say it doesn’t look good with the buttons covered? Couldn’t they have left the buttons exposed and trimmed around them ?

the carbon cover that was shown earlier in this thread looked superior in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, NANO said:

@alias23: Imran but I see that you covered the use keys with Alcantara to change the various parameters ...

but still work ? well ?

Yes I did it works well no issues 

33 minutes ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

I have to say it doesn’t look good with the buttons covered? Couldn’t they have left the buttons exposed and trimmed around them ?

the carbon cover that was shown earlier in this thread looked superior in my opinion. 

I think a fair point, there wasn’t enough room in the gap (if that makes sense) to turn the material in and ensure the buttons had the room to function without restriction. That said maybe a pattern could be made to expose the buttons more but it just becomes complicated and tbf I was more than ok to just get it trimmed.

100% agree the carbon dipped version @Mark030358 has done just looks amazing ... keen to hear his feedback when he gets back on the buttons post dip. I just personally didn’t want to risk it and I’ve always wanted the binnacle trimmed alongside the dash vents and sides etc.

• Thanks 1

www.alias23.com

I understand the idea of a "plug and play" solution but it would be good to offer the option of remote buttons. They could be located in the lower column shroud.

50 minutes ago, AndyD said:

I understand the idea of a "plug and play" solution but it would be good to offer the option of remote buttons. They could be located in the lower column shroud.

You can always add them yourself, not hard to do. Just need the connector and some buttons. KT do it with their set up. 

1 hour ago, AndyD said:

Well... you could just remove the buttons from the binnacle and place them somewhere else if you'd want?

5 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

You can always add them yourself, not hard to do. Just need the connector and some buttons. KT do it with their set up. 

Hi
Have you already mounted your carbon fiber ?

if you have some photos to see and understand the effect ?

11 minutes ago, NANO said:

Hi
Have you already mounted your carbon fiber ?

if you have some photos to see and understand the effect ?

Out in the desert at the moment, not back 'till March. When done I'll post some pictures.

cheers

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

Install this switch. You have the buttons and they look original!!

OEM part number: 90413242

Or the Omega one! cIt has a small wheel on the switch. Does Anyone know how it works?

OEM partnr.: 090494655501676 

Another question: How does the dash know wich gear the car is in?

After some investigation i read the alcantara is used is SuedeTex slate grey.

Is it the same as alcantara color code 6404 chic grey?

https://www.longhi.it/en-us/materials-and-finishings/aluminium-chic/alcantara-for-door-jambs

opel-vectra-b-36-sedan-2-0-dti-16v-y20dth-euro-3-ruitenwisser-schakelaar-2001-2619p-90413242.jpg.3520fd142a54cf0ea1b18bf296af8b54.jpg

7a614974-f66c-436b-a9ad-4626f2634a90.jpg

Edited by Jeroenvg

8 minutes ago, Jeroenvg said:

Another question: How does the dash know wich gear the car is in?

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1 hour ago, Jeroenvg said:

Install this switch. You have the buttons and they look original!!

OEM part number: 90413242

Or the Omega one! cIt has a small wheel on the switch. Does Anyone know how it works?

OEM partnr.: 090494655501676 

opel-vectra-b-36-sedan-2-0-dti-16v-y20dth-euro-3-ruitenwisser-schakelaar-2001-2619p-90413242.jpg.3520fd142a54cf0ea1b18bf296af8b54.jpg

7a614974-f66c-436b-a9ad-4626f2634a90.jpg

You'd still need another two buttons as the stalk only has the two. But if you did want to use them you could quite easily, wiring IIRC is a common ground and momentary switch for each to complete the circuit. Depending on what the Aim is looking for they should work as non latching switches, but you would be too short

On the second stalk the wheel is variable resistance to trigger timing. In the exige it is easier to do this by swapping the wiper relay for a VW type 99 relay and you programme the wipe time by wiping once, wipe again between 1 and 60 seconds - then that times the wipe of your intermittent wipe. Its a 30 sec relay change

• Like 1

As the "new" units are now available have AIM fixed all the bugs and can additional sensors be displayed in "real time" as opposed to only being logged? If so does this require a firmware upgrade to the first units sold.

cheers

From what I've seen, the update adds the option to add GPS or ECU readout of speed, and the ability to scale speed to adjust for different wheel diameters. 

A comment by AiM in the FB chatter suggests a further update is a 'couple weeks' away to enable addition of an extra page to show addition senso readouts live on the dash

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arun_D said:

From what I've seen, the update adds the option to add GPS or ECU readout of speed, and the ability to scale speed to adjust for different wheel diameters. 

A comment by AiM in the FB chatter suggests a further update is a 'couple weeks' away to enable addition of an extra page to show addition senso readouts live on the dash

To be honest I think the marketing guy at AIM Italy is a little premature with his face book post.

I have been doing lots of testing for AIM uk on 'all' versions of the dash, they all work but have things that need 'adjusting' before they are ready for release (In my opinion) AIM have announced software version V02.32.44 today, but we are already working with V02.32.48 and there are still a good number of'adjustments needed (Already reported back via AIM uk to Italy)

Happy to chat to anyone who wants to know what i have been up to with the MX2E

Edited by Seriouslylotus
  • Like 1

On 09/02/2020 at 11:56, alias23 said:

Out and about with the new re trim

F1E9424E-3997-459F-AE7F-893A641F055C.thumb.jpeg.b166c2c38c77abbf4b57d956882cc9f7.jpeg

That's how Lotus shoukd be specifying new Exiges now. Looks great.

• Thanks 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Yesterday i finally received my AIM dash.

Everything is working great. Exept the gear indicator doesn't work well but more important: The shift lights don't work!

I enabled them in the menu but nothing.

Anyone a solution?