free hit
counters
AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash - Page 9 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

AiM MX2E Elise/Exige specific dash

3 hours ago, Jeroenvg said:

Yesterday i finally received my AIM dash.

Everything is working great. Exept the gear indicator doesn't work well but more important: The shift lights don't work!

I enabled them in the menu but nothing.

Anyone a solution?

Yes

Use rs3 and load the shift lights parameters, Just done one this afternoon

Contact me directly if you need any help

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
20 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

Yes

Use rs3 and load the shift lights parameters, Just done one this afternoon

Contact me directly if you need any help

Big thanks also to alias23! Now it works. 

One last question: Since I installed the dash the backlight of the HVAC unit doesn't work anymore. Normally adjustment of the backlight is possible with the right button on the steering column.

How can i get the light back on?

Being stuck in desert I wondering is someone would be good enough to take a photo of the original clocks (outof the car) and put some measurements on it please. Or failing that just the measurements would suffice, length and breadth.

Cheers

Mark

There is significant work being done for an update for the functionality of the MX2E. The update will include things like the 'Cruise control light'and 'Exhaust valve message' on the current cars as well as software for the white and black dash S2 Toyota power cars.

It will be selectable with the buttons on the binnacle.

I have some updated software on one of our cars and the updates work well, we are just waiting for 'all' the updates to be in one software version, rather than individually.

1 hour ago, Martrack said:

@Seriouslylotus did they perhaps already address this ? 🤔
Ability to change rev limit from 9K to 8K (or to 7.5K, to make even better usage of the screen width)

Many thx 👍

Not that i have seen, 95% of the updates i have been testing are functional, not aesthetic.

Which makes perfect sense to me, Get every thing working before make changes that some will want and some wont....

• Like 2

On 21/01/2020 at 11:39, 550superfast said:

@YvoTuk "I've got a personal background in electronic engineering. I do understand some things when I see them happening. "

What do you think is happening here?

An update on this issue. AIM sent me a firmware update to try to resolve this issue. After applying the update the flickering has gone and the unit would appear to be in good working order. I am really hoping that the issue is permanently fixed, I will need to spend  a bit more time in the car to see, but fingers crossed as I really like the new dash.

Other observations were it looks great at night! But, in digital mode on the road the rev bar is virtually unusable, changing gear at 3-4k revs the bar has hardly moved. The talked about reduction of max revs to 7.5k is much needed. On track, at higher revs it will be much better, but I found myself switching the unit to analog mode for my road driving. Still can't decide on blue or yellow.

IMG_4716.thumb.jpg.b8fe0f87725a934922a8a9c3198476f9.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Jeroenvg

How is the reverse camera activated in the display?

The camera receives the power from the dash and not from the reverse light!

See the manual page 15

@nano

It's carbon fibre foil. Done by a car wraping company. 50€....

Edited by SilvesterZ
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

That dash with the carbon wrap look good. I have to say that I didn’t like the look of the alcantara covering the buttons. If it was trimmed around the buttons it would have looked better. 

+ 1 ... I agree with you

14 hours ago, Jeroenvg said:

Very nice ... I like this system 👍

The finish on the lacquer could be better. I might try and polish it out (3000 W&D) thena polish with my new Rupes machine .

Buttons all work after hydro dipping too :)

cheers

Mark

• Thanks 1