free hit
counters
Tires 225 and 295 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi guys,

When looking for tires 215 and 285 as per original sizes for 410 and 430 i saw that the choice is limited at the moment in respect of the smaller sizes of the V6 ( 205 and 265 ).

Anyone fitted 225 at front and 295 at the back? 

Thanks in advance.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I fitted on my 380 cup some trofeo R in 225 front and 265 rear

The 225 front is fine even during track use but is a bit taller and will slightly rub at low speed if you are at full lock

BTW I have -2.2 front camber

The trofeo R at rear in 265 is wider than others 265 so it s ok and I think the trofeo R in 295 would be a little too wide on standard rims and it s better to have a look at the specific tyre spec

I saw another 380 cup fitted with the yokohama a052 at the rear in 295 and they are just a little wide on the rim but I think acceptable

215 front and 285 rear is still I think the best sizing but not many tyres available

If you dont want to use 265 rear tyres or tyres available in standard size than I would go for a052 in 215 and 295

• Like 1

On 08/12/2019 at 08:32, Maxi_z said:

I saw another 380 cup fitted with the yokohama a052 at the rear in 295 and they are just a little wide on the rim but I think acceptable

I guess that 380 cup was mine..  at Tazio Nuvolari :)

I saw another Exige (a 350, yellow) at Hockenheim with 225 & 295 Trofeo R mounted. It was using standard rims, so that size would fit.

• Like 1

On 27/12/2019 at 20:52, CRM82 said:

I guess that 380 cup was mine..  at Tazio Nuvolari :)

I saw another Exige (a 350, yellow) at Hockenheim with 225 & 295 Trofeo R mounted. It was using standard rims, so that size would fit.

Ciao @CRM82 having fitted the 295 at the back did you found any point inside the wheels arch touching or is just fine?

Did you added a spacer?

On 07/01/2020 at 18:31, FF said:

Ciao @CRM82 having fitted the 295 at the back did you found any point inside the wheels arch touching or is just fine?

Did you added a spacer?

Just fine. No spacer needed - consider that I have the 380 CUP model, so my rear wheels include a spacer by factory.

Edited by CRM82
  • Like 1

Thanks @CRM82 and @Maxi_z for the feedback. 

At the end I ordered a set of Dunlop 03G in 215 and 295 that I will install on the new 410 Sport. 

Theorically they should fit well. I am curios to see how they perform. 

Edited by FF

Just fitted 225/45R17  & 295/30R18 TrofeoR on my Exige. Both fits!!! :D

The front touches only when the steering wheel is turned fully to the left (really fully).  But that was happening also with the Yokohama 215. Also, when fully turned, between the top of the wheel and the arch there is almost a finger - it seems not so different than the 215 to be honest.

I will post some photos later.. so far happy! 

Just comparing the 295 Yokohama with the 295 TrofeoR I can tell you that the TrofeoR is 5-6 mm wider. 

• Like 2