free hit
counters
lotusless - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
andyj007

lotusless

Having sold my elise earlier in the year, my evora has now gone too, after 4 years of very happy ownership  im sad and happy really,  sold it through lotus siverstone on SOR who i can thoroughly recommend , Robert who has taken over from Aime  there has stepped right up to the plate.  All quite effortless and sold within 4 weeks..

sad because its gone, its a great car to look at, is unusual, & punches well above its weight, in the looks department  but i was frustrated with the fact that other than the lovely retrimming i did there was nothing to tinker on it.. it was just too good out of the box..    i also eventually found it a little boring to drive if im honest, please be in mind that this was just a weekend toy to enjoy, im not a high speed freak but just enjoyed driving through the lanes, to get any excitement, its just too fast for this.. 60-70 feels like 30, the ride and handling are far better than the speeds I am prepared to drive at, plus the evora is quite  a wide car.. which makes it interesting on little lanes .. The sports ratio gearbox and factory sports exhaust ( both a must in my opinion) did give it a glorious sound and allows working  of the box much more ,  i liked poodling up and down through the gears..

If i had a place of work that i drove too (my office is at home ) i would easy use the evora as a daily, it would be a fantastic daily driver..  and no doubt still in the garage 

so made the decision to shift it..

I did miss the elise drives ,  the evora didnt compensate for this..  different cars different uses..   I  have a wonderful volvo v90cc and i found myself taking this rather than the evora to motorsport events .. so it was time for it to go.. 

I had a play in a friends westfield, if youve never driven a seven type car do, they are a total riot, nothing comes close on the road to the experiance of driving one of these mad cars.. 

so i currently have a westfied in the garage that im playing with   , which is keeping me occupied and not noticing my other garage empty of evora, ive also parked a little clio 182 in its space that im also tinkering with..

couple of other thoughts.. 

this forum  is one of the best forums ive been on.. give or take the odd muppet, everyone is fare, honest and funny.. 

i wont be lotusless for long,  its nice looking around seeing whats around..  

Whoever got my car has got a good one, it was pampered by me, had some lovely re trim work,. hopefully they will be on here..

Very fortunate that I live near Hanger 111 who have serviced when required, top firm..  

ANdy

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It's a shame the Evora has gone but completely understandable. As a pure weekend toy the thrill of a Westfield is going to be hard to beat. Something so enjoyable about not having a roof too. 

Any pictures?

Don't fancy building a seven from scratch mate? That would be a fun winter project! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

at that moment im penciled in for the 2021 caterham academy race series of which i will build the car next november . when the kits  are released to participants..

something ive always wanted to do..  and keep the car afterwards.. 

@goatboy yes will get some sorted at the weekend..

• Like 2

This muppet wishes you all the best for your next journey and looks forward to your Academy build and race thread!

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Far from muppetisim some  of your posts very on point,  have given me a propper  chuckle..  at times.  Never dissapointed reading your replies :)

Nice work Greg, having fun? :thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Cheers Bibs. Overall, yes. But there have been some frustrations...

That brings the memories flooding back 👍

As my neighbour remarked (jokingly I think 😉) when I drove the complete car out of the garage “I’m really pleased it’s finished, up and running. Now I won’t have to listen to all of the effing and blinding coming from your garage any more” 😄😄

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 08:17, andyj007 said:

ive also parked a little clio 182

Love a fast Renault. Clio 182 I am sure is a hoot, we have Twingo 133 and RS200, both fab. Twingo a bit bonkers, RS200 quite refined until pressed hard. Lovely snicky gear-change. I have never understood why the leather on Renault steering wheels always falls apart (the obvious answer is it is poor quality but surely Renault must have learnt this by now and found a solution). 

Justin

6 hours ago, PaulCP said:

That brings the memories flooding back 👍

As my neighbour remarked (jokingly I think 😉) when I drove the complete car out of the garage “I’m really pleased it’s finished, up and running. Now I won’t have to listen to all of the effing and blinding coming from your garage any more” 😄😄

Ha thats funny,  i live about 2 miles from greg,  i sure i heard some swearing earlier :)   

Clio 182 are fun this is my second. i through it in for a cheeky MOT today,  just to see what it failed on...   it passed, after a tweaking of the horn wire..  insured on a multi policy so just taxed it for the month..  track day just book :)

• Like 1