free hit
counters
Cup 430 Club - Page 22 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Cup 430 Club

BatMobile

Jedifar, have a look at the Road Racing Centre who are based in France. They often have a few very nice 430 Cup Exige for sale. They aren't cheap but you will be getting a left hand drive vehicle for the states. Good luck and keep us in the loop.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thank you for the referral. Yeah these are pretty out of budget. I have an 18 Evora 400 here and was hoping I could sell this and use the proceeds + some cash towards the 430 cup, but it looks like I'll have to wait a long time, maybe years, for the price to come down and hope one pops up. Is there any where I can look for private sales? I'd prefer getting one from the UK as they seem to be going for a lot cheaper than European ones. Plus I thoroughly enjoy RHD, it'll give it the real authentic experience

image.thumb.png.579d4fcf3b4a6c8199aa7088cafbf019.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29/05/2022 at 15:50, Hickster said:

Yes got a 2bular qp on order

Awesome car mate. The 2bular track exhaust should be fine anywhere especially if you’ve also ordered the extension cans EXCEPT for Bedford that is. Most tracks have a 92dB drive by noise limit but Bedford is the only track in the UK which has a 87.5dB drive by limit so unless you’re willing to lift and dodge the mic’s the 2bular exhaust with the extension cans will be too loud I’m afraid. 

Don’t let that put you off the 2bular track exhaust though it’s an excellent exhaust and a work of art. I registered a 92dB at Bedford in a Cup 430 with the extension cans which would have been fine at any other UK track just not okay there….

Simplify, then add lightness

Never had problems with 430 standard exhaust at Cadwell, Croft or Oulton. I was black flagged at Donnington though. Never been to Bedford as I know there no chance. 
As for the 2Bular. Have a look on the Facebook V6 group about a recent issue. 

Noise tests as we know vary due to atmospherics on the day so you may be lucky.

Yes you can cheat a bit on the static by not quite reving it to 3/4 throttle

and as at Croft not nailing it coming out of ‘Sunny Out’ where the drive by measure is done.

I’d rather not have those worries.

Hopefully the 2Bular will do the trick.But as I don’t do Facebook you have got me worried.

• Gold FFM
13 minutes ago, Hickster said:

Hopefully the 2Bular will do the trick.But as I don’t do Facebook you have got me worried.

In summary:

A guy who has the 2bular QP system recently had an issue where it failed at the resonator section and caused the rear of his car to catch fire.

The wording in his write up suggested that Jim at 2bular had seen this before on race cars, so it wasn't an isolated incident. Jim was not very helpful by all accounts. It was also pointed out that the terms and conditions on 2bulars website state the warranty on the track exhaust is automatically invalidated if you use the exhaust on track!

Now obviously there are plenty of people who have had no issues with these exhausts, but it's something to just be aware of. The guy in question does do a LOT of track miles, so it may be less of a concern if you only plan on doing a few a year. 

Good to know it’s something to keep an eye on. Had a Milltek crack on my VX Turbo a few years ago on track which scorched the bulkhead. Fortunately I could hear the change in exhaust note and was able to stop before things became more serious. Milltek weren’t interested in repair/replacement so got it welded up and it was Ok.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/06/2022 at 14:17, Hickster said:

As Paul said, but I wouldn't personally worry. Guy on question had over 35 track days and the exhaust also survived a front shunt. I don't think there are many companies, if any, who would accept responsibility for such a failure. I believe it was the way it was handled rather than the actual failure of the product.

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Hi chaps,

I’ve got a problem with my exhaust and have Donnington booked with LOT next Monday.

If anyone has a quiet track pipe for sale please can you let me know, I’ve checked the classifieds but can’t see any available.

thanks in advance 🙏

What’s the issue ? 

Problems with the Ti back box or just noise.

If noise then Donington only seem to enforce the noise meter on the pit straight.

Right, that’s a bit of a pain !

I do have a QT 2bular but will be putting it back on mine this week unfortunately or could have lent you it