free hit
counters
Cup 430 Club - Page 10 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content


Cup 430 Club


BatMobile

Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Anyone fitted gas struts to the rear deck? If so what type.

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mattmahope said:

I’m going to have a couple of gas struts going spare shortly as I am switching to a fixed Cup R hatch

Would happily take them off your hands if they still work well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Gordon S said:

Looks great, Jimmy. Brand new?

Ps. Nothing wrong with red scratches. 🙂

Yes, brand new, pulled the trigger on it November last year.

The red compliment the msg very well, would have been my next colour choice for certain. Unfortunately I'm still away so can't view in person but I'll be going ahead with the red scratches😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Afternoon All,

First post on here. I'm a soon to be new owner of a 430 cup Type 25. A friend of mine bought it in sept 2019 and specced the harness bar and harnesses, ppf'd it, managed to cover 1000 miles and get the running service done then sold it to me for a considerable saving on the list price. I do love my mates! It's a racing green car with the yellow accents, I'll post some pics one it arrives.

Once I get my hands on it, it will be used, mainly on circuit. I'm currently racing a Ginetta, so wanted something light and small for track days and European trips to Spa and the ring. I've done the rounds with Porsche and BMW, but never had a Lotus so figured now's a good a time as any.

Re getting the car on circuit, it's pretty clear that there is no way the car will pass the noise test at any MSV circuit. I've contacted hangar 111 and they have a back box available for about 1000. Does anyone have any experience of this. Regarding exhausts what other options are there?

Regarding set up what do you guys tend to run? Roll bar settings and damper clicks would be really useful, especially if anyone has any base settings for the road and then circuit. What have you done about geometry and who have you used for set up? Whilst the car will predominantly be used on circuit, it still has to get me there and back so I don't want a set up that is too aggressive that makes it a nightmare to drive on the road or destroys the inner edge of the front tyres because it's running something crazy like 5 degrees of neg camber! 

Anything else you guys think would be useful please post away.

I'll be out at Brands GP with it on 7th June, so if anyone else from here is there would be good to say hello. 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi mate. Congrats, your new car sounds like a beauty. 

Re exhausts, I put a 2bular QP system on mine. Cost is roughly £1,500. Much quieter than standard and comes with two (ugly but effective) additional silencers for extremely strict circuits like Bedford. If you want to go super quiet, the Lotus track exhaust will do the job but it’s over £2k. I can’t comment on the H111 option since I don’t know anyone that has it. 

Re set-up, I haven’t messed with mine yet other than dropping it (they sit fairly high as standard) and adding 1.5 degrees of front camber. The camber helped turn in a fair amount. 
 

Hope this is of some help. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Nicely configured :)
No A-frame for the harnesses ?
As it seems track focused, with the engine-cut and fire-extinguisher, I wonder :)

Matt black wheels, as the Final Edition configurator proposes ?
Or satin black, as seen as standard on previous Exige ?
Thx 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Martrack said:

Nicely configured :)
No A-frame for the harnesses ?
As it seems track focused, with the engine-cut and fire-extinguisher, I wonder :)

Matt black wheels, as the Final Edition configurator proposes ?
Or satin black, as seen as standard on previous Exige ?
Thx 👍

Thank you! 

A-Frame is intended - I‘m just scared to let the dealer cut into the cover between driver & engine.
I drive a motorbike on the race track, I probably love my exige too much to torture it on the track. Tbh, it‘s made for it and would be super fun, but as it is my dead man‘s car I don’t want to take a chance.

Wheels are matt black imho, didn’t make any changes. But they look very different as they do online. But I really like it!

Funny side note, no radio installed but they fitted complete speaker system…

(Sorry for my English, I’m Swiss).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for the details !

8 minutes ago, SpiritofLotus said:

A-Frame is intended - I‘m just scared to let the dealer cut into the cover between driver & engine.

They will simply get rid of the whole plastic cover behind the seats :
https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/95844-tex’s-lotus-exige-cup-430/

9 minutes ago, SpiritofLotus said:

Funny side note, no radio installed but they fitted complete speaker system…

Unfortunately, seems like they do not propose the dashboard panel without the speakers holes...
Which would make sense when ordering the car without radio.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/05/2021 at 18:38, Gordon S said:

Hi mate. Congrats, your new car sounds like a beauty. 

Re exhausts, I put a 2bular QP system on mine. Cost is roughly £1,500. Much quieter than standard and comes with two (ugly but effective) additional silencers for extremely strict circuits like Bedford. If you want to go super quiet, the Lotus track exhaust will do the job but it’s over £2k. I can’t comment on the H111 option since I don’t know anyone that has it. 

Re set-up, I haven’t messed with mine yet other than dropping it (they sit fairly high as standard) and adding 1.5 degrees of front camber. The camber helped turn in a fair amount. 
 

Hope this is of some help. 

Hi, It would be Interesting to hear your thoughts on the QP system as I am considering this myself.

I spoke with Jim who thinks I should probably get the Road/Track System though and the extra cans as I tend to do mostly 98db driveby days. 
My concerns are if with the cans I struggled on say Donington or Goodwood, although I did pass their 104db static day stock


My understanding is the QP system is heavier, ialso has a less aural  noise but can get you on most UK circuits.

Finally how easy/time consuming is it to switch between the stock Ti system and the QP

 Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So far I’m happy with the QP system. It’s done exactly as I intended it to - I didn’t want any noise hassle at the quieter circuits. At Bedford they were being pretty strict (as always) but I was fine with the additional cans. 

Static it’s been tested at 98db (Bedford) and 100db (Snetterton). 

My second option was the Lotus quiet system but at c£2k and a wait for delivery I decided to go with Jim. I’ve had both on my car (a mate let me borrow his for Silverstone). The Lotus one is very quiet, perhaps even quieter than needed. The QP leaves the car with a bit more noise but obviously much reduced from OEM. Either does the job perfectly. 

Personally, I don’t see the point in buying an exhaust that’s only slightly quieter than OEM only to still have issues at certain circuits. Hence, for me it was only going to be one of the two discussed here. 

Re the swap over, you’ll do it in an hour or so. 

Hope this helps. I’m at Donington in a few weeks then can’t wait to get the OEM back on. I do miss the noise and I’m too busy/lazy to swap over for the sake of a few weeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gordon S said:

So far I’m happy with the QP system. It’s done exactly as I intended it to - I didn’t want any noise hassle at the quieter circuits. At Bedford they were being pretty strict (as always) but I was fine with the additional cans. 

Static it’s been tested at 98db (Bedford) and 100db (Snetterton). 

My second option was the Lotus quiet system but at c£2k and a wait for delivery I decided to go with Jim. I’ve had both on my car (a mate let me borrow his for Silverstone). The Lotus one is very quiet, perhaps even quieter than needed. The QP leaves the car with a bit more noise but obviously much reduced from OEM. Either does the job perfectly. 

Personally, I don’t see the point in buying an exhaust that’s only slightly quieter than OEM only to still have issues at certain circuits. Hence, for me it was only going to be one of the two discussed here. 

Re the swap over, you’ll do it in an hour or so. 

Hope this helps. I’m at Donington in a few weeks then can’t wait to get the OEM back on. I do miss the noise and I’m too busy/lazy to swap over for the sake of a few weeks. 

Thanks for clarifying. It’s really a case of whether I buy Jim’s QP exhaust or his Road/Track exhaust. The additional cans can fit either but it’s just whether the R/R with the cans is going to be quiet enough for some circuits.
 

QP is definitely the safe bet for tracking and if I’m prepared to swap out the exhaust for road work, as i do like the sound of the Ti System. 
 

Jims thinking was the R/R exhaust is aurally better on the road so wouldn’t necessarily need to swap exhaust over so frequently, it’s lighter and can get me on many circuits particularly with the cans.
Issue is if it can’t !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...