free hit
counters
Cup 430 Club - Page 11 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content


Cup 430 Club


BatMobile

Recommended Posts

Well if it were me, I’d be buying the one that you know will get you on all circuits. If you want a great soundtrack on the road, you already have that with your Ti system. I don’t see the point in going to the hassle of swapping exhausts over, turning up at, say, Goodwood or Bedford, and still being flagged for noise. 
But that’s just me. 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
7 hours ago, Gordon S said:

Well if it were me, I’d be buying the one that you know will get you on all circuits. If you want a great soundtrack on the road, you already have that with your Ti system. I don’t see the point in going to the hassle of swapping exhausts over, turning up at, say, Goodwood or Bedford, and still being flagged for noise. 
But that’s just me. 🙂

This was exactly my thinking, and hence why I fitted Jim’s QP system. I’ve been running it for over two years with no issues. I’ve not even had to use the add on cans yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Mattmahope said:

This was exactly my thinking, and hence why I fitted Jim’s QP system. I’ve been running it for over two years with no issues. I’ve not even had to use the add on cans yet.

My point really.

The R/R exhaust is good for a number of circuits, allegedly 2-3db louder than the QP but far quieter than OEM. 
 

With the cans on the R/R is almost as quiet as the QP without, allegedly.

Bedford is probably the quietest circuit but I won’t be going there.

Jims thinking was if I’m not going to be doing the very quietest circuits I could get the benefits of the lighter and better sounding R/R exhaust, particularly if I’m not going to be changing it regularly.

The QP is a without risk option but all this has presented me with a choice. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

To those who have a 2bular exhaust, I'd be interested to hear how long you waited to get hold of one?  I ordered and paid for a QP track exhaust on 4th Jan this year, with an estimated delivery time of less than 2 weeks.  After many promised delivery dates from Jim, that failed to materialise, I have had my money refunded this morning without explanation.  He won't answer his phone to me.  That's nearly 5 months, and I have a trackday booked at Silverstone in less than 3 weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a very good experience with Jim. Paid for and received my exhaust within a couple of weeks. I understand that it is very hit & miss however unfortunately...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chris, my QP system arrived exactly as promised. We had agreed a date I needed it by (which gave him a month or so) and he sent it on time. Same with the additional silencers. As Matt mentioned above, it seems like Jim’s problem is in being consistent. 

What are you considering next? When I looked in January there was a wait time for the Lotus system but I’m not sure of the current position. They’re pricey though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Gordon S said:

Chris, my QP system arrived exactly as promised. We had agreed a date I needed it by (which gave him a month or so) and he sent it on time. Same with the additional silencers. As Matt mentioned above, it seems like Jim’s problem is in being consistent. 

What are you considering next? When I looked in January there was a wait time for the Lotus system but I’m not sure of the current position. They’re pricey though.

Gordon did you just buy the QP system which is just the replacement for the stock TI back box or the full system as I believe Matt did ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...