free hit
counters
Cup 430 Club - Page 15 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Cup 430 Club

BatMobile

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, Troyboy said:

Nathan,  do you know what the reserve is on the Type 25. I've tried to ask but it won't let me ask any questions. Only 5 hrs to go. I can't see it selling at this price. It'll probably go up in a flurry of bids.

CC won't let you ask what the reserve is, so not surprising! I expect it is going to go to 80k plus over the next few hours, and a dealer will retail it for over 90k. I know that Castle are looking at it...

1 hour ago, Gashead1105 said:

CC won't let you ask what the reserve is, so not surprising! I expect it is going to go to 80k plus over the next few hours, and a dealer will retail it for over 90k. I know that Castle are looking at it...

I paid 85k for mine a year ago before 2nd hand prices shot up but this is much lower mileage.

Thanks Nathan.  

That is what worries me Dave. If an engine has been buzzed too much on track. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to my question. I'm not bidding on the car. The auction process is not for me as it's a rush. I have my own car to sort out and I'm lacking  in garage space for both cars. I'm watching with interest.

If an engine has been buzzed it'll look like the one in Dave's picture! 

• Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Choice of brand new 420FEs for less.@Troyboy if you are in no rush you might pick up a good deal on a new 420FE or 430FE if they are still around next year when Emiras start coming through. Haven’t seen a 430FE for sale in the UK as yet though, seem to be super rare here. £100k still seems to be a psychological barrier when it comes to any Lotus. But we have it relatively easy, in France a 430FE will cost you €176k!

They did a CUP 430 Final Edition. https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/model/lotus-exige-cup-430-final-edition/

Not sure what it really gave you over a non Final Edition though. (Other than the digital dash, and you'd probably want the 'proper' AIM one in a CUP car anyway for the track features)

I'd be surprised if they sold very many.

I also think there will be plenty 430 FEs, car collectors will love the best and last of Exige/Elises. I wonder whats the split between 390/420/430. I think 420s will be the rarest.
@jimichanga just to clarify, 170k€ french cars are listed for that price because france has huge tax on supercars, that 50k€ is prettymuch just co2 tax obligations. In other countries cars were priced normally.

When I contacted dealer in Italy for any remaining stock (I found out about FEs few month late) they had only 240,250 and 390s available. I would probably go for 390 anyway, even if there would be 420/430 available.