free hit
counters
Cup 430 Club - Page 8 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content


Cup 430 Club


BatMobile

Recommended Posts


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
25 minutes ago, Gordon S said:

Yep, it’s quite a step up. And what about the noise!!! 😃

The noise is epic. Just waiting to get it on track now to see how really different it is. Is the noise a problem on track?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, BatMobile said:

It is a problem but you can change the exhaust yourself in around an hour and lotus make a repackable track exhaust which is superb, nice tone to it but it’s quiet enough for all tracks without having to worry about lifting. 

Interesting. Is it just the back box? How much?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, SpiritofLotus said:

Hi Guys

I can't keep it to myself 🥳 At the End of October I fulfilled my lifelong dream of buying a Lotus. I ordered a Cup 430 in the special colour racing green metallic C155 (like the Type 25 special edition). Fully equipped with fire extinguisher, power cut, AIM digital dashboard, black rims and yellow brake callipers.

@SpiritofLotus did you also take the exterior fire extinguisher and engine cut ? Are they mounted at the factory (as the body has then to be drilled through) ?

Did you also go with the A-frame, to properly fit harnesses ?

And congratulations for this really nice order, per-fect choice 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Martrack said:

@SpiritofLotus did you also take the exterior fire extinguisher and engine cut ? Are they mounted at the factory (as the body has then to be drilled through) ?

Did you also go with the A-frame, to properly fit harnesses ?

And congratulations for this really nice order, per-fect choice 👍

@Martrack Thank you! I had many sleepless nights until the final selection. According to Hethel, there are only two options. Fire extinguishers and electricity cut inside and outside or not at all. The online configurator is not quite correct... I haven't ordered the A-frame yet, I can't bring myself to cut up the new car to fit the frame.

@Gordon S My dealer said (twinkingly) that he didn't order the strips because Lotus doesn't always apply them 100% straight. He will foil them for me free of charge according to my ideas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SpiritofLotus said:

@Martrack Thank you! I had many sleepless nights until the final selection. According to Hethel, there are only two options. Fire extinguishers and electricity cut inside and outside or not at all. The online configurator is not quite correct... I haven't ordered the A-frame yet, I can't bring myself to cut up the new car to fit the frame.

@Gordon S My dealer said (twinkingly) that he didn't order the strips because Lotus doesn't always apply them 100% straight. He will foil them for me free of charge according to my ideas.

No fire extinguisher or electrical cut switches. I have the A frame fitted and harnesses. Only thing I’ve noticed is the A frame doesn’t allow the seat to travel as far back as it did in the 350. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hogi said:

No fire extinguisher or electrical cut switches. I have the A frame fitted and harnesses. Only thing I’ve noticed is the A frame doesn’t allow the seat to travel as far back as it did in the 350. 

My dealer told me if I want to install the A-Frame I have to cut some covers to the engine compartment. Is there another solution?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

What colour is your car Hogi, doesn’t look to be one of the more obvious orange shades?🤔

It looks like jayemms mates car which I believe is signature orange, though I could of totally just made that up.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BatMobile said:

It looks like jayemms mates car which I believe is signature orange, though I could of totally just made that up.....

Ah.....yes could be. I think it’s just the light, and Hogi’s signature picture that’s got me wondering. Lovely car😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, SpiritofLotus said:

@Martrack Thank you! I had many sleepless nights until the final selection. According to Hethel, there are only two options. Fire extinguishers and electricity cut inside and outside or not at all. The online configurator is not quite correct... I haven't ordered the A-frame yet, I can't bring myself to cut up the new car to fit the frame.

@Gordon S My dealer said (twinkingly) that he didn't order the strips because Lotus doesn't always apply them 100% straight. He will foil them for me free of charge according to my ideas.

I think all the stripes are painted on and not wrapped, so I would go with the factory version tbh.

All cars with those factory stripes I have seen so far looked very accurate.

I would say there are other parts on a Lotus ,beside those stripes, where the factory paint is more questionable 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
1 minute ago, Exx said:

Does someone know how komotec tune the engine to 475 with their EX475 kit ?

They have finally found a way to crack the ECU ?

475 kit includes new headers (to remove the restrictive ones and pre-cats), a carbon induction kit, and a "tune". You can glean all of this from their website where they tell you what is in the kit.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Komotec are an official Lotus dealer. They have always been able to access and adjust the mapping of the OEM ECU. The 475 kit is intake, exhaust and remap. It’s a fair price for a very strong, reliable state of tune.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes i know which parts are changed but i always though (and read) that there are some issues to tune the 410/430 ECU. Also why do they limit to 475 when they do 490 on the 350 kit with the same parts and compressor ?

Edited by Exx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I expect if you asked them nicely they would tune to whatever power you want. At that level you are starting to get close to the limits of the clutch and also engine internals. Mine has a lot more modifications than a 475 or 490 kit but it’s mapped to under 500hp because of the weak internals. A stronger clutch is easy enough, but you need a fully built motor for pushing more power than that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM
48 minutes ago, Exx said:

Yes i know which parts are changed but i always though (and read) that there are some issues to tune the 410/430 ECU. Also why do they limit to 475 when they do 490 on the 350 kit with the same parts and compressor ?

Why don't you just ask Komo Tec direct? They won't bite you :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tex said:
1 hour ago, Exx said:

Does someone know how komotec tune the engine to 475 with their EX475 kit ?

They have finally found a way to crack the 

The EX475 kit is only for the 400 Chargecooled engines which have a completely different and harder to crack ECU than the lesser models. However they can crack these ECU’s to produce circa 490bhp with their kit but it has similar torque to the EX475 at 395lbft

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Tex said:

Do you have the dyno figures for it Ozan ?

Hi tex

Nope i dont buddy i didn't have enough time to let them take it for a dyno run because at the time i was going away on holiday i needed to pick the car up before i went away.

That is something i would like to do some point this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...