free hit
counters
Kome tec ex410 or 430 for an Exige V6?? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Kome tec ex410 or 430 for an Exige V6??

PJ

I'm looking at perhaps upgrading my power on my 2013 exige. What would you guys recommend if I would be ok with roughly spending €5 or €6k?? Would a komo tec 410 or 430 do the trick and if so, doing so would I need to invest in anything else to suit that?? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
31 minutes ago, MAG said:

If you track alot, I'd go 410 as I believe it doesn't have the pulley mod and therefore shouldn't be as hard on the supercharger.

If you're mainly road then 430...

410 does have pulley.

If you use the car alot on track, then we would always recommend the chargecooler, but appreciate it is big chunk of money relative to the 430.

For road use, 430 is fine, you'll lose your licence before you heatsoak it.

Dave

• Haha 1

Stage 1: Fit the cheaper TVS1900 kit to achieve 410. Fun for a while until u get used to it and realise it can deliver so much more, so then:

Stage 2: chargecool the above for 500+. As above, then:

Stage 3: rods, pistons and ECU for god knows what. Start a trust fund to find a gearbox solution. 

Makes perfect sense on the holy upgrade path to enlightenment. 😎

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PJ said:

So 430 it should be 😁. Would an upgrade of brake pads be sufficient? I'm not an excessive racer, just like the power and road use. 

I put on performance friction pads with standard discs for a bit. It's not as good a solution as a full big brake kit, but it certainly improves stopping power.  The disadvantage is if you do then go on track you'll find the discs don't last very long as they can't handle the added heat (and therefore crack).

I suggest a chat with Dave at SeriouslyLotus.com as he'll tell you what is best for your money and is just totally honest :)

• Like 1

On 18/12/2019 at 10:43, GFWilliams said:

430>410. Therefore 430.

I suggest adding Nitrons and big brakes (at the very least, upgrade the pads). 

Is it worth upgrading to the 1-way over the stock suspension, or is it only really worth going 2 or 3 way?

Also are these easy/cheap to get off come resale time?

2 hours ago, BfranklynV6 said:

Is it worth upgrading to the 1-way over the stock suspension, or is it only really worth going 2 or 3 way?

Seriously Lotus can supply a set of Nitron one ways optimised for road/occasional track use which are ideal for anyone not wanting the hassle of understanding/adjusting settings on the more complex 2/3ways.

Added advantage is no remote reservoirs so very easy to fit or remove when required.

They also have a variety of brake upgrades for fast road & track use.

Give Dave @ Seriously Lotus a buzz & I’m sure he can sort you out 👍

• Like 1

On 22/12/2019 at 08:25, BfranklynV6 said:

1 way is still better than the factory dampers as they allow adjustment. 3 way is of course a lot better, but 1 way is still worth the upgrade.

Speak to Dave @ Seriouslylotus and he'll advise what is best for you.

I installed the dampers myself, it's not a huge job.

I would favor the KomoTec close ratio final drive over any power upgrade without chargecooling - feels like a significant power upgrade.

So if money is an issue my essential Sport 350 modifications are the suspension, transmission oilcooler and PFC brake pads whereupon for road use I recommend the Ohlins because they are not as noisy as the uniball-joint fitted Nitrons.

If that's done and still money left go for the final drive or the chargecooled EX460.

• Like 2