free hit
counters
Alunox Group Buy: Manifolds, Exhausts and Charge coolers - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Alunox Group Buy: Manifolds, Exhausts and Charge coolers

Both of mine fitted just fine  - but did need to strip them down. If anyone is having issues fitting one of these manifolds they should look at their own skills rather than blame the product 👍

• Haha 1

Only here once

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm starting a thread highlighting some of the work that goes into the manifolds for those of you that might be interested!  

We can offer an N/A manifold for £650 and we are happy to add these into the group buy, I will update the first post accordingly. The price for the remaining system will stay the same.  Just to e

Good Morning Everyone, We have updated people where possible by email but in the nature of transparency I thought an update was in order. We are struggling to send all the completed orders.

Posted Images

Good Morning,

Just a little update: It has been brought to my attention that some of the hardware we have been sending out, specifically the turbo to manifold bolts are not the correct length. This has now been rectified and we will also now be including new nuts to secure the downpipe to the turbo.

Cheers, 

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome @Sang Park - To be honest, you're better off with an Alunox manifold than a standard one, there are lot of advantages to be fair. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Hi and welcome @Sang Park - To be honest, you're better off with an Alunox manifold than a standard one, there are lot of advantages to be fair. 

Thanks! I look forward to learning more about my Esprit in this group! I thought about getting an Alunox but it’s kinda out of my budget for now.

• Like 1

Typical, now this group buy is closed, I appear to have a number of exhaust leaks... it would be prudent to replace the manifold at the same time.  Is there any chance that an extra G car set can be added?

@ALUNOX, room for one more?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1 hour ago, MYturbo said:

Typical, now this group buy is closed, I appear to have a number of exhaust leaks... it would be prudent to replace the manifold at the same time.  Is there any chance that an extra G car set can be added?

Hi Mark,

I'm afraid the group buy has closed now, we can however offer one at the full price if that's suitable? 

Price for a G manifold and Turbosmart external wastegate is £1950 plus shipping. The current lead time is approx 4 weeks but as i'm sure you can understand the situation is changing all the time. It does feel like things are slowly getting back to normal but who knows what can happen?! We can also offer a full stainless system to complement the manifold should that be required. 

If you need anymore info please ask away!

All the best, 

Ben 

On 08/07/2020 at 12:07, ALUNOX said:

Hi Mark,

I'm afraid the group buy has closed now, we can however offer one at the full price if that's suitable? 

Price for a G manifold and Turbosmart external wastegate is £1950 plus shipping. The current lead time is approx 4 weeks but as i'm sure you can understand the situation is changing all the time. It does feel like things are slowly getting back to normal but who knows what can happen?! We can also offer a full stainless system to complement the manifold should that be required. 

If you need anymore info please ask away!

All the best, 

Ben 

Thanks Ben

• 1 month later...

I'll be adding them to the shop shortly mate with all the prices/options :thumbup:

Evora NA

• 4 weeks later...
  • Bibs unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...

Has anyone made any videos of the installed engine sound too? 

I read a lot of talk about the potential performance gains for the Turbo's too.  Just wondering if the exhaust note is improved over the stock sound.  I would be interested in a full system for a S4S Stevens car, with the De Cat pipe, but with the resonator box  and 3" pipe. 

Can someone quote me a price for this set up?

Could someone link a video of a similar set up for sound please?

many thanks.

Scott

A bit louder, not much, and more raspy, more snarly. Just more mean and purposefull. Both in idle and on song. You can still sneak around but then you have to be fairly careful on the gas pedal. Other than that, and it shows it's true nature: a predator in sheeps skin or possibly more like it: a mean panther looking like a beautiful female ballet dancer - a danseuse who'll eat you raw. A superb sound by a 4 cylinder car. Better than many more intricate multicylinder sportscars, dare I say.

Well, it is so on mine anyway ;)

Cheers,

Jacques

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Here is a video - of course sounds better in real life but still lets the car down a bit i.e. car still “looks a lot better than it sounds” 

S4S , 3 inch stainless , twin resonators, allunox manifold. 

Edited by pureguava
Update
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, stomlinson74 said:

Has anyone made any videos of the installed engine sound too? 

I read a lot of talk about the potential performance gains for the Turbo's too.  Just wondering if the exhaust note is improved over the stock sound.  I would be interested in a full system for a S4S Stevens car, with the De Cat pipe, but with the resonator box  and 3" pipe. 

Can someone quote me a price for this set up?

Could someone link a video of a similar set up for sound please?

many thanks.

Scott

Hi Scott,

I'll send you a private message with some info!

All the best,

Ben 

• Like 1