free hit
counters
Alunox Group Buy: Manifolds, Exhausts and Charge coolers - Page 4 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Alunox Group Buy: Manifolds, Exhausts and Charge coolers

18 hours ago, pureguava said:

Here is a video - of course sounds better in real life but still lets the car down a bit i.e. car still “looks a lot better than it sounds” 

S4S , 3 inch stainless , twin resonators, allunox manifold. 

Thanks for the video!  Certainly food for thought.  The car is certainly a stunning super car to look at and drive but lacks real emotion at idle speeds.  Raspy does sound more purposeful!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm starting a thread highlighting some of the work that goes into the manifolds for those of you that might be interested!  

We can offer an N/A manifold for £650 and we are happy to add these into the group buy, I will update the first post accordingly. The price for the remaining system will stay the same.  Just to e

Good Morning Everyone, We have updated people where possible by email but in the nature of transparency I thought an update was in order. We are struggling to send all the completed orders.

Posted Images

I will add that mine does not sound like in the above example on video.

It's more aggressive and more raspy.

Maybe it just doesn't come through on video, but I can guarantee you, that you would like the sound mine makes, if you are close to the car.

Cheers,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Yes It’s the video - it sounds a lot, lot better in real life but I can’t kid myself that it sounds better than a v8 / 10 / 12.  

I have run almost every set up - straight pipe , small bullet resonator, twin resonators 2 inch , 3 inch etc - in my opinion the best sound is what I run now with twin straight resonator and a 3 inch exhaust - and the car runs so much better.

I found a straight system used to be too much of the unpleasant notes in the cabin

I will post some more vids - (that one was the only one I had and more to show some flames!)and hopefully others will send some in too 

The other thing I really like about my allunox set up is the exhaust comes out even both sides 

Looking forward to hearing more.  As well as the idle sound how does it sound giving it some beans through the rev range?  I am loving the debate and experiences you have all had and your current point of view.  Here is my car for reference with the thinner US spec wheels and stick exhaust.

7A408920-C8F5-4166-AC87-1DC391791404.jpeg

*stock

On 29/01/2021 at 11:40, pureguava said:

Yes It’s the video - it sounds a lot, lot better in real life but I can’t kid myself that it sounds better than a v8 / 10 / 12.  

I have run almost every set up - straight pipe , small bullet resonator, twin resonators 2 inch , 3 inch etc - in my opinion the best sound is what I run now with twin straight resonator and a 3 inch exhaust - and the car runs so much better.

I found a straight system used to be too much of the unpleasant notes in the cabin

I will post some more vids - (that one was the only one I had and more to show some flames!)and hopefully others will send some in too 

The other thing I really like about my allunox set up is the exhaust comes out even both sides 

Thanks for the video, and the twin straight resonator and a 3 inch exhaust is a cat delete, twin exhaust with a resonator box?  Thanks for clarifying.  I am new to these configurations.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

You will notice a little bit extra bhp, better throttle response - and if you decat and open up the exhaust a bit it’ll spool sooner as well. It’s a sum of small things - but you should also consider improving the air intake as well.

Only here once