free hit
counters
Quick question on TPMS and wheel bolts - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
CRM82

Quick question on TPMS and wheel bolts

Hi all,

I am ordering a spare set of wheels from Seriously Lotus. On those I would like to fit the same TPMS sensors that I have on the stock one (I have a 380 Cup), but Dave told me he does not have them. Where can I order them on ebay/amazon/others? Is there any specific type of TPMS sensor compatible with Lotus dashboard - or are all the same? Or do you have any different suggestion? 

About wheel bolts: of course I can reuse the same I have already - however since I use the car only for Track day, do you think it make sense to replace bolts regularly?

Many thanks for any help!

Edited by CRM82

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks for the quick reply. Can perhaps anybody else confirm that those 4 sensors would work?

Otherwise I am also considering to not fit them but in such case I would prefer to disable the light on the dashboard. Can this be done with OBD2, do you know the procedure?

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

PS:

I also found these one that looks similar and in the note it says Lotus Exige

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07GJLK6V6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_dP5aEbJY0EFPM

Edited by CRM82

Does an Exige have the option for a 2nd set of wheels? Lots of car manufacturers allow you to have a summer set and a winter set of tyres. So once the winter set are coded then you just press a button and the car then looks for the second set (winters normally).

If the Exige doesn’t have the option for a 2nd set then you will have to either get the sensors on your track wheels recoded to the car and then the originals recoded once you’re finished on track.

What I would do is “clone” the original tpms to the new sensors - look at Schrader EZ sensors as these allow the tyre shop to copy the hexadecimal code from the original sensor and program it onto the new sensor.

https://www.schradersensors.com/en-gb/our-products/schrader-ez-sensor