free hit
counters
HVAC control illumination - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Alfa2Evora

HVAC control illumination

My Evora seems to have reached that time in its life when it is going to keep throwing up one minor niggle after another. :(

Todays query - before I go ripping apart the centre console, does anybody know if the illumination (or in my case the lack of illumination) of the HVAC control knobs is a user-serviceable item, i.e. it's one or more bulbs, or is this control panel a sealed unit that will need replacing in its entirety?

The button switches either side are still lit, and the controls all work - I just can no longer see the position of the settings on the damn things.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Mine don't seem that bright, a faint glow at best.

I tend to check the position by touch while driving, so it doesn't bother me much.

As far as i know, no there arent any obvious lamps, the switch packs either side are separate. It may be worth checking the connections or even putting 12v to it to confirm its the control panel and not the supply.

Gav

Screenshot_20191224_233417_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

• Thanks 1

And some of those LEDs are controlled by the dimmer button on the dash, so you may want to cycle it a few times to see if that makes a difference.

My heating knobs aren't illuminated..  The buttons are but the aluminium knobs aren't.  Not sure how they could be unless from above?

Update to this.. after saying my knobs didn't light up I checked and they do, albeit not particularly brightly.  The dimmer control doesn't have any effect on them but the red/blue bit and numbers does just about glow.