free hit
counters
2020 bucket list cars - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

2020 bucket list cars

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I quite fancy either a big lumpy V8. Not really bothered what car its attached to so long as its obnoxious and sounds like an old muscle car.

or a v12 sports car.

There are a few cars that tick the first box for not too much money but the second option will always be expensive so that one may have to wait a few years.

• Like 1

A mate of mine has an M12. He says it’s as exhilarating as it gets and knocks the spots off his Esprit V8, Fezza 360 and Gallardo.  He’s upgraded the 2.5 V6 to the new 3.0 V6 M15 engine producing 535bhp.

So best if you get one.

• Love 1

• Gold FFM

Here you go in Lotus Chrome Orange too. A lot of car for the money though as it does not have a decent ICE system, climate control or cup holders many of here will not buy it as it's too hard core! 😂🤣

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/noble/m12/noble-m12-gto--huge-history-file--many-upgrades/9718481

A lot of car and performance for Cayman or new Elise money.

• Love 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

On 29/12/2019 at 22:02, Crouchy said:

I quite fancy either a big lumpy V8. Not really bothered what car its attached to so long as its obnoxious and sounds like an old muscle car.

or a v12 sports car.

There are a few cars that tick the first box for not too much money but the second option will always be expensive so that one may have to wait a few years.

If you can live with a V12 GT instead of a V12 sports car, the BMW 850i (1989 -1999) is an affordable V12.

• Gold FFM

Jaguar XJ-S is the bargain V12. And the same engine, tweaked by Tom Walkinshaw, won Le Mans. 

Very much a GT car. Auto suits the set up of the V12 in road spec, especially the standard power output. The TWR XJ-S cars are frankly disappointing, the last Lyons Jag does not suit trying to be a fast sports car. 

Personally I prefer the Jaguar straight 6. Just as quick to legal speeds in 240bhp trim, more economical, cheaper to maintain. 

My brother bought a 1985 XJ-S V12 last year at auction. 30,000 miles, good nick, full history. £7k. The induction noise is fab. 

Justin 

Although my Esprit has coped with being the only car in our household for the last 3 years i think 2020 is the time to get a more modern daily driver.  Looking for at least 4 seats and either rear or 4 wheel drive which is capable of 0-60 in less than 7 seconds.  Budget is no more than 25k and don’t want a diesel.

So far my list looks like this:

mercedes cls500

aston Martin db9

bentley continental gt

maserati granturismo

maserati ghibli

alfa guilia 

Need to get the mrs to test drive them to work out what’s possible. I know see likes the guilia and so the ghibli might be an easy sell. Bit concerned that the rest of them will either be too big or not handle well enough for her.

plus I don’t really want to have to maintain them over and above a service. One lotus shaped money Pitt is enough 😂.

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

31 minutes ago, chris said:

plus I don’t really want to have to maintain them over and above a service. One lotus shaped money Pitt is enough 😂.

That probably outrules the Alfa and Maserati options there @chris

Only here once

For me easy;

Esprit Turbo SE 

My first Esprit S1 which is sitting in a garden going green (just need to convince the owner)

Beetle Cabriolet Auto - Need to buy this for the wife to allow above to happen 😂

Clio Williams for daily driver maybe.

Dave :) 

• Like 2

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Clio Williams for daily driver maybe.

Or a Twingo 133. A hidden Renault gem and easy to tweak to 160bhp. I have had one for 3 years and it is the biggest bang for the buck, smile-wise. £2K for a ropey one, £6K for the very best, plenty at £3K+. Watch the Top Gear video on this car, 10 minutes long, circa 2010.

Justin

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Beetle Cabriolet Auto - Need to buy this for the wife to allow above to happen 😂

Had a 2005 beetle cabrio - missus kept going on about them - it was absolutely awful to drive. Nice with the good down but was as flat as a witches tit performance wise and felt like a 4 ton car - that was a 2l petrol one. I was sadly very disappointed as it was a very pretty car 

Only here once

What is the going rate these days? 3mil?

What is the difference between the value of a Kia Picanto and the value of a Gt40? About the value of a GT40!

Edited by PAR