free hit
counters
2020 bucket list cars - Page 4 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

• Gold FFM

Maserati's reliability is appalling, it is the lowest ranking of ALL manufacturers I believe based on "actual" warranty claims - so a fact rather than a perception.

Lovely cars, very desirable styling and branding. But could well leave you in a pickle and nit just financially.

I have always liked and hankered after a full blown powerful Quattroporte - it's just outrageous really. Lovely.

I think a DB( is an excellent shout and some really good indepedents out there to look after it for you too. Not likely to lose much, if any, money if you buy right there and very classy.

One of the later XK8's with the restyling would also be a really good shout - in fact I had forgotten about them and thanks to you, you bar steward @chris, just spent 30 minutes of my life on Autorader drooling over some pretty good examples.   Argh, why did I do that.......  :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with with bucket list cars is that every time i think of compiling a list it becomes obvious that I have champagne tastes on a beer budget. And whenever I manage to get the bucket full of

I really like the continental gt - they can be had for an absolute bargain price.  Ive taken lotus to work more than once - here’s the S4s at a shed not far from me 

Evora 400 IPS but most likely wait til 2021.  Renault Alpine but will wait til they are sub 30k.  Renault 16TX but will probably never bother.  Renault 21 turbo...fear the running costs

Posted Images

I’ve had two Reliant Scimitars, an ‘82 GTE and an ‘82 GTC. Absolutely loved the pair of them. The GTC had Robin Rew suspension fitted, and was the best handling car I’ve ever had.

The wife still gives me grief about selling the GTE.

Margate Exotics.

Also had 2 scimitars in the day,loved both of them. Actually exchanged one for a plus 2 elan which was a big mistake

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Deal done on another car this morning. Just a small matter of transport to arrange.

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Let’s just say it isn’t pink, ain’t a Nissan and isn’t Lotus. But yes some would say it’s cool.

Once I get moving it sorted - and it’s in my shed - I will indeed bang up some pics

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Sadly not chap - I’ve tried - I’ve had a look. Ffs don’t go on the noble Facebook group and expect to be able to find one. Even shitters they want retail money for less a tiny allowance for say small items like resprays, gearboxes and engine rebuilds 🤪. I can honestly say it’s an utter pit of snakes.

Only here once

38 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Sadly not chap - I’ve tried - I’ve had a look. Ffs don’t go on the noble Facebook group and expect to be able to find one. Even shitters they want retail money for less a tiny allowance for say small items like resprays, gearboxes and engine rebuilds 🤪. I can honestly say it’s an utter pit of snakes.

felt at home then

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

I’m away on a hen shed - should be finished and fully commissioned tomorrow - can’t wait to get home as the new motor has arrived.

It’s a 1998 Volvo v70r awd - can’t wait to have a blast out

• Like 1

Only here once

I spent a lot of time driving a new one of those in 2005, was good fun for a big ol' car! 

DSC00628.JPG

• Love 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Phew - thankfully it’s not the same car - not sure I could handle the attention from the old bill

• Haha 1

Only here once

I did spend a small amount of time in the side of the road explaining my previous actions to a man in a hat! :lol:

• Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Colour Barry? Always loved the turquoise in these. And the tan interior available, was a tad mental too! And they sound terrific!😎👍

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

I’m away on a hen shed - should be finished and fully commissioned tomorrow - can’t wait to get home as the new motor has arrived.

It’s a 1998 Volvo v70r awd - can’t wait to have a blast out

Congrats!

We seem to have similar taste. I've got an 850 T5 last year with a mate, unfortunately it needed to much engine work so was quickly sold on. Also had 3 Spits pass through the Workshop and you've had me searching for TVR (and Noble). 🙂 No Figaro yet, I did have someone inquire about getting his sorted, but he never followed through.

So when is your Jaaag planned? 😛 I'm picking up mine on Friday if all goes according to plan.

Filip

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

@stephenwhyte it’s sapphire black with cream leather and alcantara interior. I’ll be busy with the carpet cleaner when I get back as the interior is grubby apparently.

@Escape the jaag boxed will be ticked at some point for sure chap. I’ve been hunting for all sorts - but prices in the uk seem to be mental on some stuff. 850 T5r - they seem to start at £8k and rise to £20k. I might finally get back onto the tvr this month.

• Like 1

Only here once

My Jag was a lot cheaper to run than my V70 that's for sure. The V70 was a very comfortable thing though and surprisingly entertaining, especially at getting away from the lights (effect may have reduced with time and modern metal being a lot quicker) and in the snow where it's long wheel base made it very good at long lazy drifts.

• Gold FFM

Got home tonight after successful commissioning of the hen sheds. Took the v70r out for a blast - few niggles to address - but have to say I’m very impressed. It pulls like a train and handles surprisingly well for a massive old hearse.

Only here once

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Got home tonight after successful commissioning of the hen sheds. Took the v70r out for a blast - few niggles to address - but have to say I’m very impressed. It pulls like a train and handles surprisingly well for a massive old hearse.

I just can't let this pass. My dayjob involves railway stuff, and I hate it (apart from the big old steam engines, I wouldn't be much of an engineer if those didn't impress me). I really feel sorry for you Barry, you must have gotten a very poor example of the V70 if it runs like a train. The average train takes around 30sec to reach 60mph. Which makes even an old Land Rover seem fast! Trains have 2 things working against them: power to weight ratio to begin with and even if you invest enough to overcome that the traction of the wheels on the rails is limited to 0.1 typically up to 0.2 with some trickery like on subways. Which means braking also takes a huge distance, unless you add electromagnetic railbrakes. Should you manage to reach some speed after all, any curves will need a radius measured in miles. Otherwise the whole thing will turn over at anuthing over a crawling pace.

/pedantic hat off

Hope you enjoy the Volvo mate! I only got to do a short run in ours as we didn't want to risk damaging the engine any more. Still managed a small profit selling it on to someone looking fot a project car.

• Haha 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

It’s now sat with a boot full of kit I need to move. Superb practicality and shocking mpg 👍

Only here once