free hit
counters
2020 bucket list cars - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Barrykearley

2020 bucket list cars

Would I be correct in assuming that it is the GTD listed on the Hoffman's website?

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well looks like this year is going to be a complete wash out. No car shows, no flipping and no motivation to fettle.

Now the S4s is back together again im finding myself devoid of any enthusiasm or energy for vehicles. Some bits ordered for the spitfire and I shall force myself to sort that next week. Do keep looking at a Noble or a Cav 4x4 turbo - but for a Noble the evora would have to go. 

let’s hope this covid buggers off soon

Only here once

Been fancying a VW bay window camper for a a while now...i suspect the romance might be short lived if i get round to buying one..might have to hire one for a weekend as a trial (kids a re 8 and 9 so don't have much longer left for it to be of interest to them).

construction and property consultants : My company

I think that's the sort of vehicle @Beady that I would hire for a 2 week holiday with the missus, to get it out of my system. Don't think I could be arsed to actually own one.

I've been looking at a DB11 or Vanquish as a new DD to replace the S90!  The prices are coming down and well, you only live once. However, need to see what this next bonus will be like given the COVID environment, might not be the best time to be pushing cash into another car.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

59 minutes ago, Beady said:

Been fancying a VW bay window camper for a a while now...i suspect the romance might be short lived if i get round to buying one..might have to hire one for a weekend as a trial (kids a re 8 and 9 so don't have much longer left for it to be of interest to them).

Best have a test drive first. I drove one on a couple of occasions, they’re woefully underpowered and I ended up being a mobile roadblock. They're also not that big inside, nothing like a proper motor caravan. If someone wants to move around, everyone else has to move round, too.  Nostalgia’s a powerful thing, but it’s not always sensible.

NB: This is from a bloke who never got why the VW Beetles were so popular.

Margate Exotics.

Just to waste some time, a few mates and I have been mulling over our dream garage of 12 cars, money no object, assuming a big, big Euro Millions lottery win. 
Here’s my list:-
Starting with the obvious:-
GT40
Series 1 Lotus Elite
Lambo Miura
McLaren F1
Mk1 Mustang Shelby 500 Fastback
The not so obvious:-
my old Mk 1 Lotus Cortina
Facel Vega HK500
‘38 Bugatti Type 57S Atlantic 
‘36 MB 540K Roadster
Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale
Aston DB4 Zagato
Jensen Interceptor
So many more I could add but that’s a starting point for me.
Only got my Cortina in there for pure nostalgia. Well I’d be disgustingly rich, so why not?😁
Added to the above, for a comfortable daily I’d go for an AMG MB S600 and my old Exige V6 Roadster back, just for running round my extensive country estate!😂 Oh and an Eagle E Type GT Lightweight like this:-

Ok, that’s 15 in total, but what the hell, I’d be able to afford it!😂

And one last extravagance, I’d do what this chap has done and build my very own race track:- 

Sadly, though, none of this will ever actually happen, of course, but a chap has to have an aim in life! 😂

• Like 1

On 22/06/2020 at 04:31, Beady said:

Just seeing this. I've had a '75 for several years now and while true the acceleration is abysmal, it can top out at 75  mph (65 is a good cruising speed) . It comes under a "fun thing". One learns to adjust to the "day mode" and "night mode" shuffling things around. We had a 9 yr old grandson who lives with us for the past 5 years, but in the beginning it was just me and the wife.(and much more room). He lives in the top and loves it up there.  I like the fact you can pop the top and set up in pouring rain and are always "high and dry", but true it is not like a larger space like an Airstream, but then again it cost far less and fits in the garage when not in use. We belong to a VW camper club and meet at various state campgrounds in the spring-fall. Some people like tents camping and others like motorhomes, kind of different strokes for different folks. This checks off the fun and economical box. I will say it has gained in value since we bought it , so have fun and sell it off will no loss (these days). (ours was in very good-excellent shape, so maintenance is low with enjoyment being high. We have a bike rack on the back with 2 bikes to run to the camp store, etc. We're in it at least till the grandson grows up. Met a lot of good friends and lots of people wanna know about it.

75.JPG

Edited by comem47
  • Like 2