free hit
counters
2020 bucket list cars - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Would I be correct in assuming that it is the GTD listed on the Hoffman's website?

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with with bucket list cars is that every time i think of compiling a list it becomes obvious that I have champagne tastes on a beer budget. And whenever I manage to get the bucket full of

I’ve just made an offer on a GT40 today.  That’s my bucket list car.  See if the owners accepts.

On 22/06/2020 at 04:31, Beady said: Been fancying a VW bay window camper for a a while now...i suspect the romance might be short lived if i get round to buying one..might have to hire one for

Posted Images

• 5 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Well looks like this year is going to be a complete wash out. No car shows, no flipping and no motivation to fettle.

Now the S4s is back together again im finding myself devoid of any enthusiasm or energy for vehicles. Some bits ordered for the spitfire and I shall force myself to sort that next week. Do keep looking at a Noble or a Cav 4x4 turbo - but for a Noble the evora would have to go. 

let’s hope this covid buggers off soon

Only here once

Been fancying a VW bay window camper for a a while now...i suspect the romance might be short lived if i get round to buying one..might have to hire one for a weekend as a trial (kids a re 8 and 9 so don't have much longer left for it to be of interest to them).

construction and property consultants : My company

• Gold FFM

I think that's the sort of vehicle @Beady that I would hire for a 2 week holiday with the missus, to get it out of my system. Don't think I could be arsed to actually own one.

I've been looking at a DB11 or Vanquish as a new DD to replace the S90!  The prices are coming down and well, you only live once. However, need to see what this next bonus will be like given the COVID environment, might not be the best time to be pushing cash into another car.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

59 minutes ago, Beady said:

Been fancying a VW bay window camper for a a while now...i suspect the romance might be short lived if i get round to buying one..might have to hire one for a weekend as a trial (kids a re 8 and 9 so don't have much longer left for it to be of interest to them).

Best have a test drive first. I drove one on a couple of occasions, they’re woefully underpowered and I ended up being a mobile roadblock. They're also not that big inside, nothing like a proper motor caravan. If someone wants to move around, everyone else has to move round, too.  Nostalgia’s a powerful thing, but it’s not always sensible.

NB: This is from a bloke who never got why the VW Beetles were so popular.

Margate Exotics.

Just to waste some time, a few mates and I have been mulling over our dream garage of 12 cars, money no object, assuming a big, big Euro Millions lottery win. 
Here’s my list:-
Starting with the obvious:-
GT40
Series 1 Lotus Elite
Lambo Miura
McLaren F1
Mk1 Mustang Shelby 500 Fastback
The not so obvious:-
my old Mk 1 Lotus Cortina
Facel Vega HK500
‘38 Bugatti Type 57S Atlantic 
‘36 MB 540K Roadster
Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale
Aston DB4 Zagato
Jensen Interceptor
So many more I could add but that’s a starting point for me.
Only got my Cortina in there for pure nostalgia. Well I’d be disgustingly rich, so why not?😁
Added to the above, for a comfortable daily I’d go for an AMG MB S600 and my old Exige V6 Roadster back, just for running round my extensive country estate!😂 Oh and an Eagle E Type GT Lightweight like this:-

Ok, that’s 15 in total, but what the hell, I’d be able to afford it!😂

And one last extravagance, I’d do what this chap has done and build my very own race track:- 

Sadly, though, none of this will ever actually happen, of course, but a chap has to have an aim in life! 😂

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Been a busy reinvigorated week this week. Two spitfires now gone to new owners. One hadn’t been used in 20 years bar a run to the mot centre. I was a wee bit surprised when he announced he was driving it back to Winchester. As with any triumph 1300 - it ate up the miles and got him home trouble free 👍

Now back to buckets and lists. I’ve a real itch - maybe I should be wary of certain buckets - but I’ve gotta tick something off. Oh the wife’s eying up a pink Figaro that needs some effort - so that might just come home.

if only I could find a sensibly priced Cav.

Only here once

You can have my cav, 1st class pain in the butt but very loving 😉😁

010488F5-D4C0-48C0-BCD5-A56C9D901D39.thumb.jpeg.dbe6df02515ff0ee6c7bc0ceb9576150.jpeg

What happened to the Noble idea Barry? 
I know you have lusted after a Cav for ages, a 4x4?

Dave :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• Gold FFM

I’m already a critical support human for this knob - the other two are fine - but Woolly is a seriously Velcro like mutt.32822CE5-1453-4831-AC74-1B687A519CD4.jpeg.5e87cf0a1504eb230ea1a70f827a2b60.jpeg

the cav 4x4 turbo was one that got away when I was about 20 - a company car they flogged off - I really regret not bagging it.

oh and the noble - that burning desire hasn’t gone - but not sure I’m ready to part with the Evora just yet

• Haha 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Well this wasn’t on the list - but Delores is coming home62941210-2FFD-488E-A5AF-7A6F42F68502.thumb.jpeg.61c897dae28fe103f68c666c659c062a.jpeg4E74EEBB-630E-4491-859C-AF8919FA1649.thumb.jpeg.dcd574a20eb5329308512194b83ca598.jpeg

Only here once

34 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Well this wasn’t on the list - but Delores is coming home62941210-2FFD-488E-A5AF-7A6F42F68502.thumb.jpeg.61c897dae28fe103f68c666c659c062a.jpeg4E74EEBB-630E-4491-859C-AF8919FA1649.thumb.jpeg.dcd574a20eb5329308512194b83ca598.jpeg

Was the title sick bucket cars

• Haha 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Managed to get her home. Bought as a little project. Has a misfire on idle - which clears with revs. Loosing water very slowly - so a probable head gasket.  Dumped outside the garage - I’ll wash it all down once it’s cooled off and plan the attack.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

After a visit to the garage this morning - I was welcomed by the obvious puddle under the front of the car. It’s pretty obvious the radiator is leaking - and badly. Now on the ramp - rad removed - and new one arriving tomorrow.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Strangly not. It was lumpy on idle - but that cleared over 1000rpm. No noticeable smoke or steam out the back either but it was losing water.

• Like 1

Only here once